United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 27-02-2024, 05:36 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
I'd like to see them brought in the next day to day to do either 1K or 50 pressups for each time they personallyeither give the ball away or lose a 50-50
Rashford would still be there.

Unread 27-02-2024, 05:36 PM
armchair

Quote:
I'd like to see them brought in the next day to day to do either 1K or 50 pressups for each time they personallyeither give the ball away or lose a 50-50
A fundamental part of our tactics is losing the ball.

Unread 27-02-2024, 05:38 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
A fundamental part of our tactics is losing the ball.
Yet, some have suggested the message from the coaches isn’t getting through to the players.

Unread 27-02-2024, 05:40 PM
magic_cantona

This all wreaks of a manager sacking.

Unread 27-02-2024, 05:49 PM
Dacter

Quote:

Unread 27-02-2024, 05:50 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Yet, some have suggested the message from the coaches isn’t getting through to the players.
Sometimes they don't wait until everyone is out of position to give the ball away.

Unread 27-02-2024, 06:27 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Hold on a sec, I thought wanting Greenwood back was barbaric? Following that logic shouldn’t ETH be placed in stocks and pelted with fruit for wanting Mason to be a part of the first team squad?
Who knows if ETH wanted him back or not? The point is that the club would have told him he was coming back -ergo he can have Hojland, Greenwood and Martial to rely on through the middle.

Unread 27-02-2024, 06:56 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Who knows if ETH wanted him back or not? The point is that the club would have told him he was coming back -ergo he can have Hojland, Greenwood and Martial to rely on through the middle.
Who knows if the club said that? It’s become the accepted wisdom but we don’t know for certain. You go from a ‘who knows’ about one aspect to an absolute certainty regarding Greenwood.

Perhaps the hierarchy (ie senior management) should have had a plan b?

I do think ETH has more than likely been £#%&!ed over by the club on Greenwood but it doesn’t excuse the other shite levelled at him. And this is someone who doesn’t necessarily see him being sacked as the answer.

Unread 27-02-2024, 07:01 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

I doubt very much the club would have given a definitive yes or no at that stage. Look at the time it took them to make a call when they had to make a call.

Unread 27-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Once Greenwood wasn't coming back it was negligent and possibly a criminal offence to go into the season with some kid from Atalanta and Martial as your striker options. I'm not having Rashford who had just had his best season at the club from a different position, even if he could have filled in occassionally he couldn't have been expected to cover the position through the months that Martial would obviously be unavailable.

Plenty of blame on the club for the situation but I don't know how ETH doesn't shoulder a significant amount of responsibiity for the situation either.

Unread 28-02-2024, 05:41 AM
croady26

I think it's such a shame he went from winning a trophy to getting annihilated at Anfield in a week. He should have thought damage limitation but sadly it got way out of control. I would feel so much more supportive of him if that had happened.

He then goes and compounds things by putting out a quote saying we will never see the Ajax style

Unread 28-02-2024, 12:54 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Who knows if the club said that? It’s become the accepted wisdom but we don’t know for certain. You go from a ‘who knows’ about one aspect to an absolute certainty regarding Greenwood.
OK then can I re-phrase: I'm 90% certain, judging by Murtagh and the clubs posture over transfers, handling and soundbytes re Greenwood, that ETH was told he'd be coming back in. It does make perfect sense (also a la Occam's Razor)

I am genuinely unsure if ETH was happy about it or not.

Unread 28-02-2024, 02:43 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
There’s more than that.

Every game we have about 6 back room staff in the stands analysing the game from a Birds Eye view.
What the £#%&! are they all doing and reporting back?!?
I'm sure they are providing nuggets of wisdom

Unread 28-02-2024, 04:16 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Why would you need to warm down the day after a game?
It's commonplace - players come in for stretches/massages etc the day after the game to prevent stiffness/injury etc.

Unread 28-02-2024, 10:59 PM
suedeshoes

9 matches in 2024. 7 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat 🇾🇪

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
I think it's such a shame he went from winning a trophy to getting annihilated at Anfield in a week
A complete freak result, harrowing as it was and will always be.

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:27 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
It's commonplace - players come in for stretches/massages etc the day after the game to prevent stiffness/injury etc.
for me, a warm-down means you start from a warm state. You've just done a load of exercise and are physically warm.

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
9 matches in 2024. 7 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat 🇾🇪

Crisis

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:30 PM
Ethers

Our survey says….

Unread 28-02-2024, 11:30 PM
red in cumbria

It does seem like you are only as good as your last game these days.

Though the depressing thing about Fulham is that we were starting to hope of finally putting shit like that behind us.