United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:00 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I don’t think a 6 point difference and losing the Europa league final in embarrassing fashion is the powerful argument you think it is. Just looks like we continued in similar form from the tail end of the previous season, which is exactly what I’ve been saying.

“M’lords”

You hold on to your 65% possession against Southampton though what a way to prove we were in great form
You don’t think a 15 pt swing over a course of a full season (or 25% uplift in pts over the period you think we “collapsed” in) is a ‘powerful argument’? Sorry to see you bound up in this predicament of basic arithmetic.

Spoiler: the next 15 games didn’t get any better for the 38 year old you want to mortgage the rebuild of the club on, but that’s another story for another day.

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:00 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
It’ll be interesting how some on here deal with Ron calling out our lack of transfer business tbh…

He wants to stay imo, just pissed off like a lot of us we seem to be dragging our feet during yet another summer window and after such a shitty season
If that’s the genuine reason for speaking out, it can only be with ten hag’s permission. Pushing the board into getting deals over the line before preseason instead of arguing over little details whilst the broad agreements are in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
There’s no appealing about United right now. ,

The cancer in the club has spread, and if you asked me we wasted 3 vital chemotherapy years with the smiling clown.
We are now ravaged.
Seems the club under Ole was appealing, otherwise he wouldn’t have signed.

And shame on you, you utter £#%&!wit, with the Ole comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Chelsea...

Especially if they can get him for a knock down fee.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OllieHolt...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Not really sure how we got played but there you go...
By pretending he was on the verge of signing for city. Always struck me as a fergie/mendes/ronaldo scam to leverage united.

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:10 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
You don’t think a 15 pt swing over a course of a full season (or 25% uplift in pts over the period you think we “collapsed” in) is a ‘powerful argument’? Sorry to see you bound up in this predicament of basic arithmetic.

Spoiler: the next 15 games didn’t get any better for the 38 year old you want to mortgage the rebuild of the club on, but that’s another story for another day.
goalposts keep changing I see. Have fun pal.

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:11 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
It felt more like we played him tbh.
“We’re back Ronnie, just need you to help us get over the finishing line wink wink”
Then he rocks up and sees Rashford running into Maguire over and over again, with Phil Jones gurning on the medical table while Mata gives out free hugs to everyone and Lindelof discusses his FtM transition with Luke Shaw, who’s chowing down on trowels of cheesecake.

Embarrassing.
If united had wanted him, they’d have signed him earlier in the summer. So if anyone played anyone, fergie played both sides.

Quote:
We finished that season poorly, with the Europa final being arguably the initial domino falling over for Ole. From then on we were shite. We had a few “paper over the cracks” games at the start of last season. Not my fault you’re struggling to see the big picture.
It was probably the most physically demanding league season in history, and United had no summer rest or proper preseason going into it. Liverpool did have the summer rest and proper preseason. Despite that, Ole managed the situation better than klopp. Even city were struggling the first half of the season, until they managed to get a week off and work their magic on the squad.

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:31 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We need to end the circus we’ve become. Ten Hag needs a serious club with a serious board and serious players, not these endless distractions from ‘me’ merchants. If Ronaldo is going to act like Pogba he should follow him out the door.
Love Ronaldo but hes a big distraction at times, what a great opportunity for ETH this is. I dont care about these briefs that he wants Ronaldo to stay and hes happy to use him.

Ronaldo does not fit in with ETH footballl lets be real and he will likely leave in a years time anyway.

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Ronaldo does not fit in with ETH footballl lets be real.
Based on ?

Ronaldo fits in with everyone's type of football, GOALS...

When jamie crarraggggher is your go too...

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:37 PM
armchair

People thought someone like Haller didn't fit in with ten's football. I think Ronaldo could be revitalised. He wants that CL football though.

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
People thought someone like Haller didn't fit in with ten's football. I think Ronaldo could be revitalised. He wants that CL football though.
I'd love him to be the king in our rise back to the summit...

A united George Mallory if you will....

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:39 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Based on ?

Ronaldo fits in with everyone's type of football, GOALS...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfizuTsM...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Hes physically not capable enough anymore imo.

We saw big signs last year. He is 37 so its hardly an insult. The fact that he plays at the highest level and still bags like mad says it all about his mentality.

But I think next year he will struggle even more physically as you expect from someone pushing 40 years of age. He knows that aswell, he wants an easier life by going to a Bayern or a PSG to pick up another cheeky league title without overextending himself physically.

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:39 PM
Patty_b

We need to do everything in our power to keep him, unless someone is willing to pay what it would cost us to replace him, and we can guarantee a replacement.

Letting him go without doing everything we can to keep him, other than a pay increase, would be utter madness.

Quote:
He's on a constant wum on twitter as well, and people still think he's talking sense ffs

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:46 PM
atticusgrinch

Such a shame the great man coming back coincided with us having such a shit manager.

It was great seeing him in the shirt and some of the old moves again.

Maybe promise him he'll never appear in the EL under any circumstances and we push for the CL next season?

Man United and Real Madrid's top scorer and the first 40 year old CL winner. Them's tempting records for the GOAT.

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:48 PM
Joe Biden

Solskjaer has a lot to answer for. Ronaldo clocked the guy was a chancer very quickly. The worst permanent manager in Manchester Uniteds history by some distance.

Unread 03-07-2022, 01:57 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Such a shame the great man coming back coincided with us having such a shit manager.

It was great seeing him in the shirt and some of the old moves again.

Maybe promise him he'll never appear in the EL under any circumstances and we push for the CL next season?

Man United and Real Madrid's top scorer and the first 40 year old CL winner. Them's tempting records for the GOAT.

so you want him to stay at a club where we are not even the 5th best team abs play just league games?

meanwhile messi is just coasting along in Paris while playing champions league games?

Why the £#%&! would he?

The demands on the premier league at 38 while being the main man in a squad with any outstanding players ..... sounds appealing

Quote:
Erik doesn't need to teach him anything, his tactics would be through balls, overlapped crosses to the best goal scorer the world has ever seen....

Ronaldo ...

His Ajax didn't high press from the striker.....
a through ball to a heavy legged ronaldo against defenders that are quick and probably be defending deep?

Also crosses from wan bissaka and a Dutch kid to a crowded box to a ronaldo with defenders expecting the crosses..

Sounds like a plan

Unread 03-07-2022, 02:02 PM
puressence

should go america

Unread 03-07-2022, 02:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Heavy legs and crowded boxes...

Unread 03-07-2022, 02:34 PM
Sparky***

It amazing that despite everyone telling us what a huge problem he was for us and how he upset everything at the club - they all seem oddly delighted that he wants to leave.

Unread 03-07-2022, 02:37 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I'd love him to be the king in our rise back to the summit...

A united George Mallory if you will....

Interesting reference. A lad who died aged 37 on the side of a mountain he was unable to conquer.

Bit of a strange one with Ronnie. Obviously he’s a legend but I can’t get away from how much of a disaster it’s been since he’s returned. I don’t think anyone’s sympathies lie with the other players - it comes across that he highlights their obvious shortcomings and embarrasses them - but I wouldn’t be sad to see him leave if we could get a properly mobile hardworking striker to come in,

And part of me is ‘£#%&! him’ if he’s only motivated by CL Football. Play for a clown club like psg if that’s your only motivation.

If he stays then fine but if he goes then meh.

Unread 03-07-2022, 02:50 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Interesting reference. A lad who died aged 37 on the side of a mountain he was unable to conquer.

Bit of a strange one with Ronnie. Obviously he’s a legend but I can’t get away from how much of a disaster it’s been since he’s returned. I don’t think anyone’s sympathies lie with the other players - it comes across that he highlights their obvious shortcomings and embarrasses them - but I wouldn’t be sad to see him leave if we could get a properly mobile hardworking striker to come in,

And part of me is ‘£#%&! him’ if he’s only motivated by CL Football. Play for a clown club like psg if that’s your only motivation.

This is exactly where I am tbh. I really can’t get too worked up about it. He certainly doesn’t feel indispensable

Unread 03-07-2022, 02:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Knew someone would get it

He made it btw, convinced of it

Unread 03-07-2022, 03:04 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
should go america
Case against him dropped and hes now launched a counter suit.

You snidey #@&%!.
Closed Thread