United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
magic_cantona

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (Semi Finals Match 2) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
You have to admit though that Spain generally 'attack' at a very slow pace. Pedro ran a few times, but other than that, it's slow. Nobody really runs. They make smart off the ball movement, but not really into attacking positions. Iniesta kept finding space on the left, but never found anyone with a cross.

You can call it crafty, intelligent, patient...and it may be those things. But it's also physically slow. I guess I just prefer the game played at pace.
This.

Good post, American guy.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (Semi Finals Match 2) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Shame they can't both £#%&!ing lose on Sunday

As it is, it won't be at all surprising if the 3rd place match is much the better game. Shades of 1990 there

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Liverpool are nothing like this team, this is absolutely bizarre. Not even gonna continue this, clearly gonna be a waste of time.

It can get boring at times but tonight things clearly worked, had they taken 2 or 3 of their other chances and the scoreline looked more convincing you wouldn't be saying this.

Tonight was nothing like previous games. Obviously had a bit of help with the circumstances turning against Germany but they played quite well imo, if you can't appreciate this maybe you don't understand football.
Don't be so £#%&!ing childish.

It's always boring to watch to me, if you like it then that's fine, but not everyone enjoys that kind of football.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Crumps

Quote:
I guess it's important for people like me who've actually played at a decent level to explain to you the basics of the game and educate the people with poorer knowledge, i'm happy to do that.
You're like the gift that keeps on giving.

You have never offered any insight ever, just regurgitated %@#$&!s and got giddy over any @#%&! with a vowel at the end of their name if we are linked to them in the tabloids.

Why don't you stay £#%&!ed off you stupid walrus bothering dick?

Sullers £#%&!ed yer mam.

dunk

Quote:
Liverpool are nothing like this team, this is absolutely bizarre. Not even gonna continue this, clearly gonna be a waste of time.

It can get boring at times but tonight things clearly worked, had they taken 2 or 3 of their other chances and the scoreline looked more convincing you wouldn't be saying this.

Tonight was nothing like previous games. Obviously had a bit of help with the circumstances turning against Germany but they played quite well imo, if you can't appreciate this maybe you don't understand football.
Nobody is saying that they didn't do what they set out to do 'well'. They are the best exponents of what they do anywhere in the World and tonight was a superb exhibition of it.

I think it's shit and boring and bares a striking resemblance to what Liverpool have been fine exponents of for the vast majority of the last 30 years. With varying success

I want to watch a game of football. I don't want to watch Busquets dropping deeper than either CB's and them playing the ball in triangles for 5 minutes, quick foray down the flank, no-one in the box, back to the FB inside to the midfield, then back to the CB's repeat. Just keeping the ball off the opposition and not risking giving it away under any circumstances.

safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
You have to admit though that Spain generally 'attack' at a very slow pace. Pedro ran a few times, but other than that, it's slow. Nobody really runs. They make smart off the ball movement, but not really into attacking positions. Iniesta kept finding space on the left, but never found anyone with a cross.

You can call it crafty, intelligent, patient...and it may be those things. But it's also physically slow. I guess I just prefer the game played at pace.
I prefer pace as well, like I said in the earlier post.

But the mastery of Iniesta and Xavi is also entertaining football, superb passing throughout and finally some glimpses of their excellent euro 2008 run. Their workrate when without the ball also sets an impressive example.

They're a very good side to watch when in form is all i'm saying, I haven't compared them to Brazil 1970. Hell, if you're talking possession football then i'd easily take Arsenal 2003/04 ahead of the recent Barca and Spain team due to the ridiculous pace they played their technical football at. Tin hat well and truly on.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:51 PM
rafabio

best team won and the best team (world no 1) will be winning the world cup. A rare event that if you look at 98, 02 and 06.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Someone who understands football.

Phew.
He said what I said, only I am critical of it and he grudgingly praised it.

It's opinions, you think it's good, I know it isn't, even if it is done as well as it can be done.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

You have never offered any insight ever, just regurgitated %@#$&!s and got giddy over any @#%&! with a vowel at the end of their name if we are linked to them in the tabloids.

Sullers £#%&!ed yer mam.
ffs

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:54 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (Semi Finals Match 2) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

Sullers £#%&!ed yer mam.

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
best team won and the best team (world no 1) will be winning the world cup. A rare event that if you look at 98, 02 and 06.
Far too obvious a wum, that:shakehead:

Anyway, who was so much better than France in 1998? Or, even more so, Brazil in 2002??

(yes, Argentina should have won it last time - shame their coach had such a total brain fart)

Unread 07-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

Anyway, who was so much better than France in 1998? Or, even more so, Brazil in 2002??

(yes, Argentina should have won it last time - shame their coach had such a total brain fart)
Brazil were favourites in 98.

France in 02.

hth.

Sloane

whether you enjoy watching spain and their style is a personal opinion not sure if you can be wrong or right.
but you can not say it isnt effective.
they nullified germanys best asset at this tournament the counter attack but they still only won by a set piece. even though i agree the deserved to win probably.
spain had more strength in depth if they wanted to go for it or to try change the game. as much as klose seems to just do it in these tournament germany did have bit of a lack of plan b, probably another top striker short of being a team that would go on to win the world cup.

Whip Hubley

Quote:
Who said they tore them apart? And when I say got through, i'm talking about got through to the final. Learn to read. And yes, £#%&!ing idiots, you don't understand football clearly.

I guess it's important for people like me who've actually played at a decent level to explain to you the basics of the game and educate the people with poorer knowledge, i'm happy to do that.

I'm not talking from a players point of view, I watch the game just like you. And spain are dull as dishwater.

Decent level? Who did you play for? If you don't play anymore you clearly don't understand the game too well do you buddy

rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

I was only talking about world rankings mate. Spain have been the best side for about 3 years now while Brazil have tried to change their philosophy, france have gone ape shit, argentina have a mad man in charge.

I don't think this german side is so good as people have exaggerated after 2 4-0 wins. England were shit, argentina with a better coach, zanetti and cambiasso (IMO) would have won the game.

They never looked like threatening spain today and were shit scared to attack in numbers whenever they had the ball.

Unread 07-07-2010, 10:01 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (Semi Finals Match 2) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

anyway.....anybody got any pictures of crying nazis ?

Unread 07-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
I was only talking about world rankings mate. Spain have been the best side for about 3 years now while Brazil have tried to change their philosophy, france have gone ape shit, argentina have a mad man in charge.

I don't think this german side is so good as people have exaggerated after 2 4-0 wins. England were shit, argentina with a better coach, zanetti and cambiasso (IMO) would have won the game.

They never looked like threatening spain today and were shit scared to attack in numbers whenever they had the ball.
wtf they attacked in more numbers than spain. Oh and should have had a penalty

'People have exaggerated over 2 4-0 wins'. Zanetti and cambiasso would have won the game? Proven match winners aye

if nowt else this forum provides some strange folk

Unread 07-07-2010, 10:04 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

did England have two goals chalked off then...you stupid £#%&!ing @#%&!

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
anyway.....anybody got any pictures of crying nazis ?
You're enjoying this too much.

Think of football. Just think. Every team will spend next season either cynically kicking lumps out of the opposition and diving around, or passing it between the CB's with a 5 man central midfield hoping to wear the opposition down

safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Don't be so £#%&!ing childish.

It's always boring to watch to me, if you like it then that's fine, but not everyone enjoys that kind of football.
Fair enough.

And I retract my statement, bit ott, but I still disagree with you chaps.

Cheerio.
Closed Thread