United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-08-2017, 05:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
they capitulated to a degree, nqat. but they also tore barcelona apart a few times and should have scored more. then there were the penalty incidents. there was also the incredible series of fouls and petulance from neymar completely unpunished, and from suarez ...

by the end psg's heads were scrambled. most people were buzzing by the end, but I thought it was an absolute disgrace. incredible last 10 from neymar though ...

it was the archetypal nou camp experience for visiting teams - anfield in the 80s with bells on ...
PSG were far too #@&%!y when they thought the tie was won. Pissing around with the ball in their own third. I think they actually tried to showboat a bit. It's was very unprofessional. Barca were there for the taking last season but PSG opened the door for them.

Also they are such a shitty club I don't think anyone felt bad for them.

Unread 01-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Clarkie

I'm going to assume this is going to ignite the "Cavani to United" stories again...

Unread 01-08-2017, 06:00 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
PSG were far too #@&%!y when they thought the tie was won. Pissing around with the ball in their own third. I think they actually tried to showboat a bit. It's was very unprofessional. Also they are such a shitty club I don't think anyone felt bad for them.
I don't think they really knew how to approach the game.

Unread 01-08-2017, 06:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
I'm going to assume this is going to ignite the "Cavani to United" stories again...
I wouldn't bother tbh.

Unread 01-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wouldn't bother tbh.
Missed my point.

I don't want him here, I was just saying that this will probably bring up those stories again.

Every. £#%&!ing. Year

Unread 01-08-2017, 06:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I don't think they really knew how to approach the game.
Score and then don't let in six goals would be the best tactic.

Di Maz bottling the occasion was quite nice tbf

Unread 01-08-2017, 06:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Missed my point.

I don't want him here, I was just saying that this will probably bring up those stories again.

Every. £#%&!ing. Year
It won't this year. We signed Lukaku.

Unread 01-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
It won't this year. We signed Lukaku.
When has that ever stopped the press or Pure?

Unread 01-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
fair enough. the natural extension of that point is that he didn't go to barcelona for football reasons.
Given the sums and bungs involved in taking him to Barcelona, he didn't. If it wasn't about the money South American players would be playing in South America.

Unread 01-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

just goes to show that people see what they want to see and ignore what they don't want to admit.

PSG capitulated to a degree esp. with the timing of the goals, but basically they were stitched up by supine refereeing in the face of barcelona's gamesmanship and cheating, and lost their heads at the end.

they must have known Barcelona would get a penalty and that they'd be unlikely to go down to 10. but a second pen for a clear dive in injury time? that was a shock even in camp nou, especially after do Maria's was declined.

Unread 01-08-2017, 08:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
just goes to show that people see what they want to see and ignore what they don't want to admit.

PSG capitulated to a degree esp. with the timing of the goals, but basically they were stitched up by supine refereeing in the face of barcelona's gamesmanship and cheating, and lost their heads at the end.

they must have known Barcelona would get a penalty and that they'd be unlikely to go down to 10. but a second pen for a clear dive in injury time? that was a shock even in camp nou, especially after do Maria's was declined.
Exactly..

Unread 01-08-2017, 08:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Exactly..
yep exactly.

any objective observer would admit that PSG were miles the better team overall, that they capitulated somewhat in the the 2nd leg, and that they were blatantly £#%&!ing cheated.

Unread 01-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
yep exactly.

any objective observer would admit that PSG were miles the better team overall, that they capitulated somewhat in the the 2nd leg, and that they were blatantly £#%&!ing cheated.
That's not what Dunk was referring to...

Unread 01-08-2017, 08:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
yep exactly.

Basically, what you meant was 'anyone that says anything different to me is wrong'

Unread 01-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Billy Redface

4-0.

They were winning 4-0 from the first leg.

Thats Four NIL..

The referee could have volleyed one in inside the first ten minutes himself and they should have still gone through.

Anyone blaming a ref in a 6-1 defeat needs a slap.

Unread 01-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Basically, what you meant was 'anyone that says anything different to me is wrong'
no, that's your mantra on this board.

barcelona simply would not have got through without a truly extraordinary amount of help from the referee.

Unread 01-08-2017, 10:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
no, that's your mantra on this board
alright pal

Unread 01-08-2017, 11:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
4-0.

They were winning 4-0 from the first leg.

Thats Four NIL..

The referee could have volleyed one in inside the first ten minutes himself and they should have still gone through.

Anyone blaming a ref in a 6-1 defeat needs a slap.
the referee gave them a penalty in injury time for a £#%&!ing outrageous dive you plum. he'd already given them one pen, and he'd denied di maria an absolute stone-waller despite looking right at it.

Quote:
alright pal

Unread 01-08-2017, 11:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
the referee gave them a penalty in injury time for a £#%&!ing outrageous dive you plum. he'd already given them one pen, and he'd denied di maria an absolute stone-waller despite looking right at it.
The Suarez one was a penalty pal, the defender clipped his heels.. not opinion, fact, seen the footage etc.

Unread 01-08-2017, 11:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
The Suarez one was a penalty pal, the defender clipped his heels.. not opinion, fact, seen the footage etc.
dick
Closed Thread