United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 64 53.33%
Sack 56 46.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-04-2024, 11:54 AM
ZiggyStardust

I don’t think a lot fans have truly grasped just how historically awful we’ve been this season
Easily the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a Utd team

If that quote is genuine from ETH about the style of play being to dominate with and without the ball then ETH doesn’t need to be sacked, he needs the men in white coats to take him away

Unread 08-04-2024, 11:55 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
I don’t think a lot fans have truly grasped just how historically awful we’ve been this season
Easily the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a Utd team

If that quote is genuine from ETH about the style of play being to dominate with and without the ball then ETH doesn’t need to be sacked, he needs the men in white coats to take him away
... and sacked though. Otherwise he'd me managing us from a padded cell.

Unread 08-04-2024, 12:21 PM
Whip Hubley

It's absolute chaos ball, which will have its moments - the cup game, the last minute combebacks but then the flipside is Thursday and yesterday (sort of).

It's pretty infuriating to watch when teams are walking through the middle of the park, and leads to massive inconsistency.

I presumed that guardian piece was highly tongue in cheek. The scamps

Unread 08-04-2024, 12:30 PM
Hank Scorpio

The guy's a bluffer.
He's way out of his depth here and talks absolute %@#$&!s as a deflection tactic. The harsh reality of his time here is that from roughly 18 months worth of games the team has played well for two of those - from end of world cup to last February.
The rest has been typical mid table mediocrity. The reason we're not below 10th in the table is down to the quality of players and their ability to pull out moments of brilliance from nowhere. The team is nowhere near as bad as the performances have been, injuries or otherwise. You could defend ten Hag to some degree if United were in 4th but there's no excuse being so far behind the likes of Spurs and Villa.

Unread 08-04-2024, 12:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
The guy's a bluffer.
He's way out of his depth here and talks absolute %@#$&!s as a deflection tactic. The harsh reality of his time here is that from roughly 18 months worth of games the team has played well for two of those - from end of world cup to last February.
The rest has been typical mid table mediocrity. The reason we're not below 10th in the table is down to the quality of players and their ability to pull out moments of brilliance from nowhere. The team is nowhere near as bad as the performances have been, injuries or otherwise. You could defend ten Hag to some degree if United were in 4th but there's no excuse being so far behind the likes of Spurs and Villa.
3 cup finals in 2 year ...51% of the forum disagrees,

Unread 08-04-2024, 01:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
3 cup finals in 2 year ...51% of the forum disagrees,
51% of people voted brexit tbf.

Unread 08-04-2024, 01:44 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Really terrible week. Three matches in a row thrown away at the death with stupid mistakes, idiot players switching off and absolutely bizarre subs. Two points from what should have been 9.

It just doesn't look like the players believe in him, sadly.
Yeah we should have punished Spurs and Villa dropped points but have let off both of them

Unread 08-04-2024, 01:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Quote:
Ten Hag’s side have conceded 308 shots in 14 games but goal stats show weird openness is hard for opponents to deal with

"We going to play so ridiculous that opposing teams won't know what to do"

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:01 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post

Footballing Rope a Dope.

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:06 PM
Zorg

Quote:

tbf it might explain Dalot, Onana and AWB.

'Let's pretend we're horrendously shit at football, it will freak them out'

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:23 PM
redhegemony

Yesterday's centre back partnership was apparently the 26th different combination (really). At the same time hardly had a left back. Our main striker has downed tools - the reseve is a perma crock.

The midfield is in the hands of a kid and the attacking threat in the hands of two kids.

The squad is threadbare (Evans and Amrabat teally?). It's sort of surprising we are doing as well as we are.

So the issue is how much of this situation is down to ETH and how much the clubs management.

Unread 08-04-2024, 03:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 08-04-2024, 03:37 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Yeah we should have punished Spurs and Villa dropped points but have let off both of them
Dutch coach must be punished for having big boobs (in the starting xi).

Unread 08-04-2024, 03:38 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
eriktenshelby 😁

Unread 08-04-2024, 03:39 PM
jem

Quote:
bunks is going to need to lie down for this one.

Unread 08-04-2024, 04:15 PM
Dr Stranger

IN

Unread 08-04-2024, 04:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I want him to stay and work under proper structure for a year minimum. I've said he should get as long as that lego headed #@&%! at Arsenal and i see no reason to change my mind.

If anything I hope they back him and the kind of disgusting, fairweather @#%&!s who cling on to the club in order to do nothing but bask in reflected glory can just piss off and follow another club that wins all the time and have a massive circle jerk with other like minded #@&%!s who "know ball".

Unread 08-04-2024, 04:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
Voted no after Chelsea and concerns still very much there after Liverpool

But…

Maybe let’s see what he does with a proper structure above him? I don’t know.

It’s hard work being a flip flopper this of the year.

Unread 08-04-2024, 04:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I want him to stay and work under proper structure for a year minimum. I've said he should get as long as that lego headed #@&%! at Arsenal and i see no reason to change my mind.

If anything I hope they back him and the kind of disgusting, fairweather @#%&!s who cling on to the club in order to do nothing but bask in reflected glory can just piss off and follow another club that wins all the time and have a massive circle jerk with other like minded #@&%!s who "know ball".
Puts the players on pins too. A sacking culture just says to the players that all you have to do is hang around 12-18 months and you’ll get a clean slate

He’s not without his flaws, but there’s something there with ETH. I don’t want us to abandon it. Certainly not for some of the names being thrown about. This season has been awful. We should be better, but there’s a lot of mitigating circumstances and changing how the club is run has always been a much bigger priority than the manager.

I want to see what he can do under this regime. If he still struggles, then fine, sack him.

Unread 08-04-2024, 04:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Puts the players on pins too. A sacking culture just says to the players that all you have to do is hang around 12-18 months and you’ll get a clean slate

He’s not without his flaws, but there’s something there with ETH. I don’t want us to abandon it. Certainly not for some of the names being thrown about. This season has been awful. We should be better, but there’s a lot of mitigating circumstances and changing how the club is run has always been a much bigger priority than the manager.

I want to see what he can do under this regime. If he still struggles, then fine, sack him.
I'd like to see him work with this set up and then see about getting some footballers in the door who can compliment what he's trying to do.

At the moment he's trying to implement some kind of quick, transitional football with a squad largely made up of players signed by 4 different managers.

The most important area of the team for me has to be the defence. There's a reason why Guardiola has spent half a billion on defenders since he's been at City and there's a reason why arsenal's title challenge went to shit when their centre backs got injured last year. To play high pressing football you need defenders that fit that mould.

It's essential we sign at least one centre back and two new full backs that are physically robust and can get up and down the pitch without collapsing injured every other week.