United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-10-2023, 11:48 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
One of the best footballers at the club; plays with flair, desire, skill and passion. When those efforts start going in, he’ll gain the fairweather fans’ loyalty.

Think he’ll do a madness on Sunday.
he's £#%&!ing toilet

Unread 23-10-2023, 12:01 PM
VanHaaksbergen

1-in-3 in the Dutch league was pretty ominous sign. Had a good honeymoon period with the goals v Everton/Arsenal and the rocket against City .. 1 goal in his last 28 league games since then though. Mind bogglingly poor output from a Utd forward. The Ryan Babel comparison earlier in thread was apt. Been a v poor man's Elano.

The £80 million here + the £80 million effectively written off on Sancho through termination of relations probably the biggest black marks against Erik. Getting zilch from that position.

Entering a make or break run of games.

Unread 23-10-2023, 12:20 PM
Whip Hubley

as with Sancho, he gets 2 seasons before i start getting angry on the internet with him

needs an absolute vast £#%&!ing improvement though, because aside from a few nice goals and tracking back, he's offered absolutely £#%&! all.

Unread 23-10-2023, 12:44 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJNewtown
It's the notion that "inverted wingers" ie a left footed winger cutting in from the right is attacking the left back on his weaker right foot.

Don't think it works. Can you imagine of Fergie had played Giggs on the right and Beckham on the left all the time?
inverted wingers are usually very productive either goal machines like salah or g+a machines like saka.
we spent 80m on one that does set up players because he do anything with his right, and he one trick of cutting in he isn’t even very good at.

it’s got to a point you can tell if someone knows anything about football by their opinion on him. He is rubbish.

Unread 23-10-2023, 12:49 PM
History

I'm in the minority so accept i'm maybe wrong here.

But I think he's been OK so far this season. I thought it was just starting to click for him before the whole drama came out. He's getting into better positions, really need to him to get a grip of that final ball be it shot or cross.

I think he links up play quite well, but is so one footed he makes Valencia blush.

Unread 23-10-2023, 01:00 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

But I think he's been OK so far this season. I thought it was just starting to click for him before the whole drama came out. He's getting into better positions, really need to him to get a grip of that final ball be it shot or cross.

I think he links up play quite well, but is so one footed he makes Valencia blush.
This guy knows ball

Unread 23-10-2023, 01:10 PM
marlo

Quote:

Wingers give full backs a hard time. When and you has he ever given a hard time?
Ironically enough you lot credit him with helping out our RB, do you think any other RW help their RB deal with him?

Unread 23-10-2023, 01:28 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Personally i think ETH keep signing the wrong players.
Really?

You certainly kept that one under your hat.

Unread 23-10-2023, 01:37 PM
redhegemony

The strange thing is the opposition seem far more worried about him than his output merits. He often seems to attract 2 or 3 defenders which in theory ought to create space elsewhere if we moved it quickly.

Maybe he's our best distractor ?

Unread 23-10-2023, 02:19 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

I thought he was OK when he was getting absolutely hammered at the beginning of the season, and then he looked even better until he had to take his unexpected break.

He does have a bit of an excuse for Saturday after being away from football for a month + and dealing with his own personal shit. Would be nice if he smashed a 10/10 performance on his return, but it is understandable why he would be a little off the pace.

He does have something about him which could be a bit special. It just needs to come out this season because we can't wait for it any longer than that.

Unread 23-10-2023, 02:32 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

He does have something about him which could be a bit special..
Finally something we can agree on.

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:24 PM
marlo

£84m man hauled off again but will still start the next game.

#nofavouritism

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:27 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

#nofavouritism
Wasn’t Erik bullying Sancho when he did the same thing? Why’s it different now?

Btw Antony has been our best player tonight.

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:28 PM
Jethro

Good game tonight. Will cook on Sunday.

Unread 24-10-2023, 09:54 PM
Ethers

Quote:

#nofavouritism
Hauled off

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:06 PM
AK14

Played really well.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:07 PM
Finport Red

Best player in a bad set-up first half. He’ll get better as the team gets better over the next few weeks.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:08 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Played really well.
. He was bang average.

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:14 PM
silv

shit

Unread 24-10-2023, 10:14 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Best player in a bad set-up first half. He’ll get better as the team gets better over the next few weeks.
course he will.