United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-12-2015, 09:57 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I can't understand this casual dismissal of his utter destruction of the champions as irrelevant. All sorts of excuses made for him that for some reason aren't afforded to Van Gaal. Get this one wrong and it could £#%&! the club for years, yet people are willing to ignore the total £#%&!ing pig's ear he's just made with huge funds and top players.
The fact that the Dr is suing him individually ought to send out warning signals about his lack of judgement and weirdness.

Unread 20-12-2015, 09:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Van Gaal's not had 10 games or whatever Klopp has had, he's had 18 months, £xxxm & so many more hours on the training ground as to have more or less no excuses as to why we've just been dicked by Norwich at home. & 7 shots in 4 home games or whatever that horrific 'slice up not across' stat is. My £#%&!ing EYES hurt watching the mess he puts out. He's made near as dammit zero progression in any palpable sense from the appalling chimptits peasant Moyes. Think. Observe what you have seen. Louis Van Gaal has had resources Moyes could only dream of, time & patience never (rightly) afforded to him & he's done nothing to improve on what we watch. I'm sorry if he's crumbled in the face of the wicked & divisive Co92, but if he can't outwit them or indeed get a few £xxxm worth of players to beat the dogshit sides we've struggled against I imagine that says more about his current capabilities than it does anyone's voice on the Internet.

The man isn't a fraud, nothing he's doing now diminishes his history in the game, but it's not going to work here because he keeps £#%&!ing up so horribly on the pitch. Anyone would want the Ajax '95 version, we've got the Lidl 2015 watered down, ready for retirement-just wants-to-be-loved mince version.

I don't know how you can look at him & interpret his work as anything other than really, really disappointing.
I'm not sure why you seem to think I need to be convinced it's not good to watch. I know that. Everyone knows that. I just don't tend to this view that the answer is always sacking the manager. There are several other things I'd like to address first.

Confidence is a huge thing, as is the togetherness of the players. If there are one or two influential people disrupting what is a youngish squad then it's an issue. That isn't to say that LvG doesn't need to improve his performance, or even to speed up his plans amid this pressure, it's just saying that there's not just one single thing wrong here. I suspect Van Gaal will soon leave, but major issues will remain.

I'm consistent with managers. I didn't fancy Moyes, so a decent start and the odd run of results didn't really move me from thinking he's not got it. I believe in Van Gaal, so I'm happy to address other issues before sacking him. You think he needs to go now, fine. You thought he needed to go after just six months. That may well help United, it may not. I just don't think always taking the easy option is healthy.

Unread 20-12-2015, 10:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'm not sure why you seem to think I need to be convinced it's not good to watch. I know that. Everyone knows that. I just don't tend to this view that the answer is always sacking the manager. There are several other things I'd like to address first.

Confidence is a huge thing, as is the togetherness of the players. If there are one or two influential people disrupting what is a youngish squad then it's an issue. That isn't to say that LvG doesn't need to improve his performance, or even to speed up his plans amid this pressure, it's just saying that there's not just one single thing wrong here. I suspect Van Gaal will soon leave, but major issues will remain.

I'm consistent with managers. I didn't fancy Moyes, so a decent start and the odd run of results didn't really move me from thinking he's not got it. I believe in Van Gaal, so I'm happy to address other issues before sacking him. You think he needs to go now, fine. You thought he needed to go after just six months. That may well help United, it may not. I just don't think always taking the easy option is healthy.
I wouldn't want him fired either, if there were just some morsel to cling onto that it might come good. All of that has drained out of me in the last few weeks when the possibility of putting some proper performances in to accompany the results became results to match the previous performances. The trend is bad, and for as much as we can apportion blame to the players and circumstances, there is no hiding from the fact that Van Gaal himself has made some horrible choices. It really didn't need to be this bad.

Unread 20-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I can't understand this casual dismissal of his utter destruction of the champions as irrelevant. All sorts of excuses made for him that for some reason aren't afforded to Van Gaal. Get this one wrong and it could £#%&! the club for years, yet people are willing to ignore the total £#%&!ing pig's ear he's just made with huge funds and top players.
I don't think they funded him over the summer. Old side that. Needed refreshing.

Unread 20-12-2015, 10:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I wouldn't want him fired either, if there were just some morsel to cling onto that it might come good. All of that has drained out of me in the last few weeks when the possibility of putting some proper performances in to accompany the results became results to match the previous performances. The trend is bad, and for as much as we can apportion blame to the players and circumstances, there is no hiding from the fact that Van Gaal himself has made some horrible choices. It really didn't need to be this bad.
I think it helps me that I fully expected this season to be shit due to the attacking talent we possess and have much sympathy with him wrt the transfer dealings and time to deal thus far. I've also been convinced we'll struggle whilst finding a spot for the likes of Rooney and Mata for quite some time. if in 12 months he's don't nothing about shifting/replacing them 2 and the football remains as it is, I'll be wanting him gone too. 18 months just isn't a fair crack of the whip for someone as distinguished as LvG imo.

Sadly, I reckon he'd have to win the league at this point to get the fickle ones amongst our support onside.

And don't anyone give me any 'quality of football' bullshit whilst campaigning for Mourinho to replace him

Unread 20-12-2015, 10:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Sure, but again confidence is crucial and can change based on various things very quickly.

I reckon if they 100% committed to LvG we would end up fine. But the reality is they probably won't do that, it'll be in the balance, he will continue to look rather alone and in the end (or very soon) they will probably pull the trigger. Not least because he's lost the fans.

Unread 20-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Van Gaal's not had 10 games or whatever Klopp has had, he's had 18 months, £xxxm & so many more hours on the training ground as to have more or less no excuses as to why we've just been dicked by Norwich at home. & 7 shots in 4 home games or whatever that horrific 'slice up not across' stat is. My £#%&!ing EYES hurt watching the mess he puts out. He's made near as dammit zero progression in any palpable sense from the appalling chimptits peasant Moyes. Think. Observe what you have seen. Louis Van Gaal has had resources Moyes could only dream of, time & patience never (rightly) afforded to him & he's done nothing to improve on what we watch. I'm sorry if he's crumbled in the face of the wicked & divisive Co92, but if he can't outwit them or indeed get a few £xxxm worth of players to beat the dogshit sides we've struggled against I imagine that says more about his current capabilities than it does anyone's voice on the Internet.

The man isn't a fraud, nothing he's doing now diminishes his history in the game, but it's not going to work here because he keeps £#%&!ing up so horribly on the pitch. Anyone would want the Ajax '95 version, we've got the Lidl 2015 watered down, ready for retirement-just wants-to-be-loved mince version.

I don't know how you can look at him & interpret his work as anything other than really, really disappointing.
Time and patience? 18 £#%&!ing months, most of which people have been whinging even when winning. We went top of the league a few weeks ago, half way through the rebuild and people still weren't happy.

Where's the logic in hiring a manager to change the style and squad over a 3 year cycle, and then sack him when he's clearly only done half the job in half the time? What kind of way is that to run a football club? The club and fans losing their nerve at the first real setback due to injuries and loss of confidence would be pathetic.

Unread 20-12-2015, 10:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Sure, but again confidence is crucial and can change based on various things very quickly.

I reckon if they 100% committed to LvG we would end up fine. But the reality is they probably won't do that, it'll be in the balance, he will continue to look rather alone and in the end (or very soon) they will probably pull the trigger. Not least because he's lost the fans.
In time I think Van Gaal will realize he backed the wrong horses; however no one had a gun to his head. When the club wanted him initially he had tremendous leverage. These are decisions he made.

Unread 20-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
I can only imagine that watching this gash week in week out makes people desperate.
A fair filter to make decisions through then, obviously.

Unread 20-12-2015, 10:39 PM
utd99

Things may have been so different had he been able to get his Hummels/Ramos/Bale/Muller type deals done, but given the profile of these players there has to be more than just Plan A. Has he not been around football long enough to know that Rooney was going to be an albatross around his neck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
A fair filter to make decisions through then, obviously.
It's the only one we have mate.

Unread 20-12-2015, 10:53 PM
PeakyBlinder

Never thought I'd say this but we were better to watched under 'him'. At least we 'tried' to win games ffs.

Unread 20-12-2015, 11:19 PM
dunk

He's crippled with caution because the 'spine' of his team is crippled with shitness and old age. How can he tell fans to expect to win big games and get to CL latter stages when he knows he's utterly reliant on completely spent forces?

Unread 20-12-2015, 11:30 PM
Furry Russian hats

Why is it that an expansive, forward thinking player like Herrera is always one bad half away from being dropped?

This is my biggest criticism of Van Gaal. Does he want us playing like a team of soulless Borg robots where individual thought, flair and joy are redundant, because that's the impression you get, and that l think is why he is losing the fans.

Unread 20-12-2015, 11:34 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's crippled with caution because the 'spine' of his team is crippled with shitness and old age. How can he tell fans to expect to win big games and get to CL latter stages when he knows he's utterly reliant on completely spent forces?
But if he's incapable of getting anyone to put in a decent performance, save for Smalling, De Gea & Blind in 18 months, does he need another 19 players?

He's not gelled what he has, he's torn up & accelerated the process because he's leaving not for the good of Utd, he is equally self-interested. He's made the decisions. He's been here 18 months & doesn t extract results greater than the sum of our parts like many other managers do. In fact, we're decidedly less than the sum of our very, very expensive parts. It's hilarious when Pulis takes Klopps down with numbers & figures, but hold the mirror up & some of you don't like it. He should be doing better, his issues are equally as self-inflicted as those he's possibly incapable of influencing - Rooney & his contract etc. But he is this gun slinging self confessed big dick, he's been painfully average. I can't believe to think you'd think this is the best a world class manager could do in this timeframe ? Or are you working from a Moyes reset & we're not one of the biggest clubs in the world ?

Unread 20-12-2015, 11:37 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
Why is it that an expansive, forward thinking player like Herrera is always one bad half away from being dropped?

This is my biggest criticism of Van Gaal. Does he want us playing like a team of soulless Borg robots where individual thought, flair and joy are redundant, because that's the impression you get, and that l think is why he is losing the fans.
The Herrera thing is plain weird.

I think he's losing the fans because we've gone backwards. Away at anfield and home against city last season - I thought we were watching the beginnings of greatness. Quick incisive and decisive passing with some great individual performances. But this season has been diabolical and when you look at those couple of good games in the context of the last 18 months, it's a very poor return. Appalling really.

Unread 20-12-2015, 11:38 PM
92ToBury

I'm finding that I'm enjoying spending time with my wife more than watching United. Nuff said.

Unread 20-12-2015, 11:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
But if he's incapable of getting anyone to put in a decent performance, save for Smalling, De Gea & Blind in 18 months, does he need another 19 players?

He's not gelled what he has, he's torn up & accelerated the process because he's leaving not for the good of Utd, he is equally self-interested. He's made the decisions. He's been here 18 months & doesn t extract results greater than the sum of our parts like many other managers do. In fact, we're decidedly less than the sum of our very, very expensive parts. It's hilarious when Pulis takes Klopps down with numbers & figures, but hold the mirror up & some of you don't like it. He should be doing better, his issues are equally as self-inflicted as those he's possibly incapable of influencing - Rooney & his contract etc. But he is this gun slinging self confessed big dick, he's been painfully average. I can't believe to think you'd think this is the best a world class manager could do in this timeframe ? Or are you working from a Moyes reset & we're not one of the biggest clubs in the world ?
Doesn't matter how big the club is if the playing staff is a £#%&!ing mess and the club stuck in the past and struggling to get out of the Ferguson minds set. I don't think we've gone backwards, I think you're just seeing what happens when your forward line is spent. A team is only as good as it's strikers, and ours are Wayne £#%&!ing Rooney and a 20 year old kid. That is what it is. If it was up to Van Gaal there's would be better options there imo. Unfortunately this 'biggest club in the World' hasn't managed to attract/get the players required in the one transfer window he's had to demand the players he wants

Unread 20-12-2015, 11:48 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
It's like he has some idea of what's actually happening behind closed doors, rather than just seen van gaal drive through a gate on his way to work.

And that record, along with him looking like he's been having a nervous breakdown, is apparently enough for a clamour for him to be given the united job because the current manager hasn't got us playing like the busby babes inside 18 months of taking over a shambolic, dull team full of average players, and who's having a bad run due to injuries and confidence. If they were going to sack van gaal, do it whilst klopp was available for £#%&!s sake. The players are c***s for waiting until now to down tools. Coincidently coming after Rooney misses a few games.

It's just so easy for those in power to manipulate people through emotion. And scholes has been the guy used to kick things off for both moyes and van gaal.

Aye, the sudden improvement of Leicester and vardy isn't suspicious at all. Purely down to the managerial genius of ranieri and a few weeks work.
Absolutely nobody from what I can tell expects world class attacking football at this point, what Van Gaals doubters expect is signs of some sort of attacking shape forming by now. There is pretty much nothing go on at present except for hit and hope into the box once we passed ourselves out of ideas. From that side of things, he really couldn't be doing any worse.

Unread 20-12-2015, 11:50 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
The Herrera thing is plain weird.

I think he's losing the fans because we've gone backwards. Away at anfield and home against city last season - I thought we were watching the beginnings of greatness. Quick incisive and decisive passing with some great individual performances. But this season has been diabolical and when you look at those couple of good games in the context of the last 18 months, it's a very poor return. Appalling really.
That little run was like an oasis in a desert of mediocrity.

Why those performances were never built upon, who knows, but it adds to our frustration because we know they have it in them to play like that.

Unread 20-12-2015, 11:53 PM
Switching Off

JJ using a lot of words to explain he doesn't know what's going on.

Quote:
Louis van Gaal may have only two games to save his job as Manchester United manager. The Dutchman knows he must avoid defeat by Stoke City on Boxing Day and Chelsea two days later or he could be sacked, especially with José Mourinho now available as an instant replacement.

The next 24 hours could prove critical to Van Gaal remaining in place until the weekend. Ed Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, speaks daily with the Glazers, who own the club, and is bound to debate the performance of the team and Van Gaal’s position. If the Dutchman is still in place late on Monday evening, he can expect to take the side for Saturday’s trip to the Britannia Stadium.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-pep-guardiola
Closed Thread