United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:09 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
same reason why I'm windmilling in defence of Rooney even more than usual.
Keep swinging pal

These Bundesliga bum boys deserve nothing but scorn and ridicule. £#%&!ing beard stroking, opta loving, football hipster @#%&!s.

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:10 PM
sullerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Keep swinging pal

These Bundesliga bum boys deserve nothing but scorn and ridicule. £#%&!ing beard stroking, opta loving, football hipster @#%&!s.

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
On what basis, pal? Played like a @#%&! across the tie when on the field.

Might be a case for saying Chicharito may have offered a bigger goal threat off the bench, tbh. Probably wouldn't have skied that one from eight yards.
Another gut punch. G2C.

He needs to sort his head out and buck his £#%&!ing ideas up or £#%&! off. Sycophants like the £#%&!ing press and MJ are what gives him the idea he's untouchable

Our highest paid player and he can't even make himself a 'must pick' in the biggest game of the season.. Says it all tbh.

Berbatov got more shit for top scoring on the way to the title and being left out of a CL Final.

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Surfers do Charlie

On anything like his form Rooney should be first name on the team sheet, and selling him would be a big mistake.

Trouble is, he has lean spells, and the fact that he's the best English player for the last 10 years shouldn't mean that he's undroppable when he's having a poor run of form, which the media seem to think.

Sell him, no.

Drop him when he's having a poor run of form, yes.

We wouldn't be able to replace him for what we got for him, especially once the Glazers had trousered their cut.

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:17 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
On what basis, pal? Played like a @#%&! across the tie when on the field.

Might be a case for saying Chicharito may have offered a bigger goal threat off the bench, tbh. Probably wouldn't have skied that one from eight yards.

The basis that he's our top scorer in the Champions League & has delivered in the knock out stages for us time & time again??
Not a bad basis for selection tbf

Anyway, we've seen this all before. Van Nistelrooy, Beckham etc.. left out of big games only to be sold the following summer.
A victory for the Ronaldo fan boys & whoppers like rafabio is only 3 months away.

It'll be interesting to see how his replacement does.

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:20 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Another gut punch. G2C.

He needs to sort his head out and buck his £#%&!ing ideas up or £#%&! off. Sycophants like the £#%&!ing press and MJ are what gives him the idea he's untouchable
...but you don't rate Chicharito either ffs

I really do hope Rooney reads this Forum & believes he's untouchable just because 'MJ Ramone' thinks he's a great player
You'd be seething if he admitted it in an interview or something wouldn't you?

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:21 PM
shenwen

Quote:

His experience & record in the knock out stages for United was criminally overlooked & underplayed by Fergie last night imo
should be embarrassed you put that down in words

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:22 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
should be embarrassed you put that down in words
oh god, here's the other one.
Just luffy left to come I think.

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:

The basis that he's our top scorer in the Champions League & has delivered in the knock out stages for us time & time again??
Not a bad basis for selection tbf

Anyway, we've seen this all before. Van Nistelrooy, Beckham etc.. left out of big games only to be sold the following summer.
A victory for the Ronaldo fan boys & whoppers like rafabio is only 3 months away.

It'll be interesting to see how his replacement does.
Hypothetical l know but if we sold Rooney and got Bale would you go for it?

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:25 PM
lazlopanaflex299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
new to mj?

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:26 PM
MUFC One Love

The problem with Rooney is his passing and general play is woeful at times. He was poor against Norwich but assisted 2 and scored a great goal so was getting top performance reviews in the papers etc. A lot of his game has gone backwards. Maybe a change is what he needs? I still think it could be a big mistake selling him though.

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:27 PM
shenwen

Quote:
oh god, here's the other one.
Just luffy left to come I think.
I think you criminally underplayed that one mate

MJ Ramone

Quote:
No because it would leave us a striker light....& because I still think Rooney is a key player for us.
His unpopularity on this forum is a bizarre form of mass delusion.

I'd love us to sign Bale but there needs to be a shake-up/rethink about our wide options. I'd get rid of Valencia, Nani & Ando this summer to help clear the decks & bring in some funds.

dunk

Quote:
...but you don't rate Chicharito either ffs

I really do hope Rooney reads this Forum & believes he's untouchable just because 'MJ Ramone' thinks he's a great player
You'd be seething if he admitted it in an interview or something wouldn't you?
I rate Cheech as a fantastic option to have, but the poorest of the 4 strikers in terms of playing football and benefiting the teams overall shape and play. Do you disagree? He doesn't seem to be playing much

I was using your hero worship as an example not a literal factor. You aren't the only one, I know a few match goers who are of similar opinion to you.

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:28 PM
silv

don't know why people want nani out.

absolute madness. players like him dont grow on trees

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
I would

Would prefer Wilshere though

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:29 PM
shenwen

Quote:
His unpopularity on this forum is a bizarre form of mass delusion.

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I rate Cheech as a fantastic option to have, but the poorest of the 4 strikers in terms of playing football and benefiting the teams overall shape and play. Do you disagree? He doesn't seem to playing much
Well in general me & you have very similar views when it comes to our squad - infact it's only Rooney that we ever 'debate'
I defend Danny on here as regularly as you do for example.

So yes, I would agree that in certain games Chicharito isn't suited to starting.

Anyway, as I said we were robbed last night...we're out the European Cup ...& Rooney will be off in the summer so you'll forgive me for being a little touchy today.

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:33 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
don't know why people want nani out.

absolute madness. players like him dont grow on trees
I rate Nani highly, but he's hardly featured again this season.
He should be given a run in the side or we should try & get a good price for him.
I certainly don't want him out.

Unread 06-03-2013, 04:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Well in general me & you have very similar views when it comes to our squad - infact it's only Rooney that we ever 'debate'
I defend Danny on here as regularly as you do for example.

So yes, I would agree that in certain games Chicharito isn't suited to starting.

Anyway, as I said we were robbed last night...we're out the European Cup ...& Rooney will be off in the summer so you'll forgive me for being a little touchy today.
Rooney won't be off, at least I hope he isn't. He's having a lull in a career that is a decade old already, he's lost half a yard of pace and looks a bit weary and is struggling for form as a result. Happens to every player. He'll come out of it and hopefully he can do it here.

He should never have started last night though.
Closed Thread