Originally Posted by Vedder
All he does is talk about United
Cheeky bid?

Unread 29-05-2013, 07:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
telling him giggs was patient ffs.

giggs made 51 appearances in one season when he was 18 for christ's sake.
It's %@#$&!s, tbf. The lad was behind Ji-Sung £#%&!ing Park in the pecking order, despite Park barely being able to stand up straight most of the time. Why on earth would a guy with no real attachment to the club not take the Juventus move?

Leaves United and within months is a starter for France. Not ready ffs

Unread 29-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-to-Italy.html

Paul Pogba has revealed Sir Alex Ferguson advised him not to join Juventus because of Italy's ugly racism problem.
The Frenchman spent three years at Manchester United but made just seven appearances for the Old Trafford club.
And the 20-year-old has said he left the Premier League champions with the sound of Ferguson's warning ringing in his ears.

In an interview with France Football, Pogba said: 'He [Ferguson] shouted. He asked me, "Where are you going? You’re going to Juve in Italy, is that it? There’s a lot of racism".
'I told him, "It’s not a problem, there’s racism everywhere".
'He said, "The supporters aren’t like in England" but I replied, "I want to play, and it’s not for the fans, it’s because I want to play to improve and gain experience."
'He just went "OK" and after that, I was never included in the squad.'
Pogba impressed during his first season at Juventus, scoring five goals in 44 appearances to help his new side win Serie A - a far cry from his time spent on the sidelines at United.

He added: 'I’m impatient. Even if I was quite patient, Alex Ferguson told me, "You’re a whisker away from playing ... You’re a youngster from the academy, you’re not ready yet. You must be patient. Scholes was, Giggs was."
'I’m not Giggs, I’m not Scholes. I really wanted to play.
'I said, "OK no problem." If I’m not ready, perhaps I’ll be ready elsewhere. I at least felt ready to have more playing time. He didn’t show me enough that he wanted me in his squad. Even if he said some nice things about me, about my potential, if you don’t show it, it’s all just hot air.
'It all depends on what you have in your head. If you want to play at Manchester just to be able to say, "I play at United", even though you’re on the bench, are you happy?
'I came on a few times, I played in the cups, but I wanted to have more playing time. If I could have played in China, I would have gone to China.'

Just wanted to play.
This to me shows that ferie didn't trust him mentally yet. He was building him up slowly so when he got to be playing more often it wasn't a shock, he was comfortable and playing to the best of his ability. It could even be that he felt that physically he would last longer if he was built up more slowly.

ferie was almost undoubtedly using a similar tactic that he has for many others. He's always thinking long term and for the best of the club.

Anyone that doubts ferie because of the whinging of player who did the same thing to get to us is deluded.

Unread 29-05-2013, 07:49 PM
red in cumbria

I have no doubt that was Fergal's thinking. The question is whether he got the judgement call slightly adrift in this instance.

Unread 29-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I have no doubt that was Fergal's thinking. The question is whether he got the judgement call slightly adrift in this instance.
It was a bit of a mistake in retrospect, but by no means fergie's biggest #@&%! up tbh.

Either way it's all done and dusted now. Pogba's gone and so is fergie.

Unread 29-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

the thing I'm getting at is that Pogba should have been given a look at it while he was ripping it up in the youth cup/reserve thingy maybe even going back to the end of 09/10 - certainly in 10/11 he should have been.

Don't see the connection between that and Scholes coming back tbh. He wasn't supposed to be a replacement for Scholsey, and to have both of them in that run-in would've been fine. as an aside, I still can't get my head around people scoffing at Scholes coming back for the 2nd half of 11/12 He was superb during most of that period, and the only blame centring on him should go to the manager for leaving him out in that 1 game at Wigan ffs, not for including him the rest of the time.

Unread 29-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
This to me shows that ferie didn't trust him mentally yet. He was building him up slowly so when he got to be playing more often it wasn't a shock, he was comfortable and playing to the best of his ability. It could even be that he felt that physically he would last longer if he was built up more slowly.

ferie was almost undoubtedly using a similar tactic that he has for many others. He's always thinking long term and for the best of the club.

Anyone that doubts ferie because of the whinging of player who did the same thing to get to us is deluded.

guilty as charged then m'lud. though I agree they're all good points you make.

what was that game where pogba got sent off for the way he took a penalty? vermin away wasn't it? he would've been a beast in the first team

Unread 29-05-2013, 08:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the thing I'm getting at is that Pogba should have been given a look at it while he was ripping it up in the youth cup/reserve thingy maybe even going back to the end of 09/10 - certainly in 10/11 he should have been.

Don't see the connection between that and Scholes coming back tbh. He wasn't supposed to be a replacement for Scholsey, and to have both of them in that run-in would've been fine. as an aside, I still can't get my head around people scoffing at Scholes coming back for the 2nd half of 11/12 He was superb during most of that period, and the only blame centring on him should go to the manager for leaving him out in that 1 game at Wigan ffs, not for including him the rest of the time.
Totally correct, this.

The mythology that he was "begged to come back" has been thoroughly shredded now, too - but people still repeat it :shakehead:

Unread 29-05-2013, 08:01 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

guilty as charged then m'lud. though I agree they're all good points you make.

what was that game where pogba got sent off for the way he took a penalty? vermin away wasn't it? he would've been a beast in the first team
yeah well he's not gonna be is he

time we all moved on

Unread 29-05-2013, 08:05 PM
MJ Ramone

The issue with Scholesy coming back was one of principal, certainly nothing to do with his quality (he's probably the most popular United player on the Forum)
It's fine margins like everything is with Football but it was a gamble that didn't pay off. I'm sure he regrets coming back.

Pogba should have been the key player in the Academy/Youth set up. He is potentially everything we lack in central midfield at the minute - presence, great touch & movement, scores goals. He should never have been allowed to run his contract down like he did.
Wtf was Fergie thinking playing Jones, Park, Rafael, Rooney, Giggs & every £#%&!er else in midfield when we had this kid chomping at the bit??

Unread 29-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Crumps

£#%&! him. Will have more clubs than Anelka. Would have got games if he signed a contract. Second that greasy ice cream merchant got on to him we were £#%&!ed.

Unread 30-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Part 36 Offer

major £#%&! up from ferie this. makes my blood boil to see this @#%&! turning in worldy performances. he is exactly the type of player we lack.

you don;t see many players of his ilk anymore. toure obviously but that's about it.

Unread 30-05-2013, 10:47 AM
believe

Quote:
scoring five goals in 44 appearances
hang on a minute, isn't Pogba, black?

Unread 24-08-2013, 10:43 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
"I've read some interviews where he says he wants to become best in the world, I'm happy about it & I believe he can be.

"He's a modern footballer, strong, fast & resistant, also a humble person who always listens to the advice of his teammates." - Antonio Conte
After Juventus opened their Serie A campaign with a 1-0 win at Sampdoria. motwyw.

(Tevez scored btw )

Unread 24-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Rhodzy

He's a right conte.

Unread 24-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Redordead

Right conte > Antonio Conte

Unread 24-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Rhodzy

Get over it ffs.

Unread 24-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Confirmed. £#%&!ing nightmare tbh.

Thiago and Gotze both started for Bayern btw. They won too.
Good for them.

Unread 24-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
He may have gone anyway... We poached him in the first place? Clearly something wasn't right... Perhaps fergies memoirs will tell all.
His agent. Although it was ludicrous he didn't play in that Blackburn game.

Unread 24-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Billy Bigbollox

He'll stay 2 or 3 years max before his agent moves him on for his next pay day. He's gone, get over it ffs sick of this shit every time he plays
Closed Thread