United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Seen enough of that over the last few weeks, giving away ball, possession, fouls...

Needs to keep his head more.
Agreed. Clumsy £#%&!er in his own box. That penalty he gave away against Ireland should have been £10m off his fee right there and then.

Unread 20-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Matic is holding midfielder while Pogba is a box to box attacking midfielder

Not really an alternative

Andre Gomes is probably the backup option and Valencia want 50 million plus for him

The transfer market this summer is absolutely batshit mental
If Twitter ITK are to be believed Matuidi is the prefered alternative if the Pogba deal doesn't go through

Unread 20-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Agreed. Clumsy £#%&!er in his own box. That penalty he gave away against Ireland should have been £10m off his fee right there and then.
Box to box welbeck.....looks like a new born giraffe at times...

If he comes he's going to have to earn that price tag from the off..

Age and potential crew can do one, he'll literally be the most expensive player in the world..

Unread 20-07-2016, 01:27 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If he'd have properly bossed the Euro's and come out of that the star, we wouldn't stand a chance. If Griezmann wasn't at Atleti, Madrid would be planning a ridiculous unveiling for him about now. That's what they want, something to excite the fans, nothing more. I get the impression Poggers doesn't quite tick that box for them atm.
Rumours of Florentino being a big fat racist too. Fuming at the prospect of a black galactico.

Unread 20-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Box to box welbeck.....looks like a new born giraffe at times...

If he comes he's going to have to earn that price tag from the off..

Age and potential crew can do one, he'll literally be the most expensive player in the world..
Yep. That was what I was trying to get at earlier. The fee comes with baggage. Expectation of him and of us.

Unread 20-07-2016, 01:42 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep. That was what I was trying to get at earlier. The fee comes with baggage. Expectation of him and of us.
Thats what you get when you pay that much money. I'd rather that than hoovering up 2-3 £25m players who won't improve us.

Regardless of what people think of Pogba and his agent he will improve us massively and also show everyone else we mean business this year. It will be a huge statement

Unread 20-07-2016, 01:46 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 20-07-2016, 01:53 PM
nick henry

Thumbs down

I cannot believe Mourinho is prepared to ***** this much money on a player that is a midfield ballotelli. style over substance.

his £#%&!ing agent and Juve must be pissing themselves.

80 odd million on a player that isnt outstanding at anything.

ok goal return. ok defensively. ok creatively.

big though and has energy even though all the technical dwarfs will play around his gangly frame.

potential......... zzzzzzz

Unread 20-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick henry
I cannot believe Mourinho is prepared to ***** this much money on a player that is a midfield ballotelli. style over substance.

his £#%&!ing agent and Juve must be pissing themselves.

80 odd million on a player that isnt outstanding at anything.

ok goal return. ok defensively. ok creatively.

big though and has energy even though all the technical dwarfs will play around his gangly frame.

potential......... zzzzzzz
Age aswell....

Age - the absolute barometer of a players worth..

Unread 20-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Baron

So apart from his goal return, his passing, his technique, strength, stamina, skill, ability to recover the ball high up the pitch (highest in Europe last season) & his power... what is it we're looking to buy in Pogba?

No idea lads.

Unread 20-07-2016, 02:03 PM
nick henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
You have to assume that Jose knows what the team need's more than we do? Its not a massive leap of faith tbf
it is only that which makes me question myself as to why we would spend this amount on one okish player.

But I also remember Fergie played all manner of shit@#%&!s out of position rather then play the younger Pogba.

Unread 20-07-2016, 02:06 PM
hopkins

Thumbs up

on!

Unread 20-07-2016, 02:07 PM
nick henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
So apart from his goal return, his passing, his technique, strength, stamina, skill, ability to recover the ball high up the pitch (highest in Europe last season) & his power... what is it we're looking to buy in Pogba?

No idea lads.

None of the things you listed is he better then good at

except perhaps stamina and the much vaunted recovering the ball high up the pitch category which tbf is the most important barometer of a footballer.

Value.

Unread 20-07-2016, 02:09 PM
BarryX

Quote:

No idea lads.

You forgot to mention his character as well. The lad's a winner, moulded in that same self-belief as the greats IMHO. His personality on the pitch versus the likes of Fellaini and Schneiderlin FFS is worth millions on its own. Will be a great addition to the team. £#%&! the cost, it's all part of the game, baby!

saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
No it's not

You'd believe absolutely anything if it's what you want to believe.
It's clearly over.

Bet he's a United player by Friday.

Sizlack

Quote:

No idea lads.

£#%&!ing splitters

Bunker Buster

Quote:

No idea lads.

Goal return 8/35

Sapien

Thumbs up

Quote:
Age aswell....

Age - the absolute barometer of a players worth..

Unread 20-07-2016, 02:10 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
None of the things you listed is he better then good at

except perhaps stamina and the much vaunted recovering the ball high up the pitch category which tbf is the most important barometer of a footballer.

Value.
I don't give a shit what he costs, he will improve us and improve us massively and hes only going to get better

Sign him up

Unread 20-07-2016, 02:11 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
it is only that which makes me question myself as to why we would spend this amount on one okish player.

But I also remember Fergie played all manner of shit@#%&!s out of position rather then play the younger Pogba.
Come on

I'm a bit apprehensive about shelling out that amount of money for Pogba but let's be honest, he's an excellent attacking midfielder

Not worth a world record fee and still has some maturing to do as a player but he would make a huge difference to our team
Closed Thread