United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:29 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
are they £#%&!. jesus christ keith. they are a better team than United at the moment though, nqat.

we could use Yaya and Silva right now. the rest are no better than what we've got. name one player who you genuinely think is better than United's equivalent aside from those two? the difference in them as a team stems almost entirely through the confidence they've got from the goals they've been scoring at home. their away record is bobbins ffs.
Every department is obviously a bit dramatic - I'm really just highlighting what I see as a worrying gulf developing which shows no signs of abating. We will play better than we are doing atm for defo and I still suspect we'll be there or there abouts but I do think City have got both a better team and better players than us and its going to be a shit season which I am mentally preparing myself for.

Anyway, it's a close thing but I would probably choose Aguero over RVP. Yes

Would prefer any of their strikers, even the Swedish one I've never heard of over Wellbeck atm (as an out and out striker). And I like Welbz but he really is £#%&!ing arse biscuits in front of goal.

Defence wise they're light but Kompany is better than anything we've got. Clichy is decent enough too.

Navas, Nasri, Silva and Toure would all improve our midfield and in the case of Toure and Silva, transform it. There's only Carrick that comes away with any sort of credit. High hopes for Kagawa and Adnan but its early days/hope. The rest of our midfield can GTF.

Oh and Pellegrini > Moyes.

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
There two ways of putting it. City players you'd take straight up, and city players who you'd replace United players with. Lot more from group 1 than 2.
not at all

based on ability and potential rather than other issues, name them

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Rhodzy

City will be winning the league by a considerable distance. Still, better than Liverpool doing it.

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Every department is obviously a bit dramatic - I'm really just highlighting what I see as a worrying gulf developing which shows no signs of abating. We will play better than we are doing atm for defo and I still suspect we'll be there or there abouts but I do think City have got both a better team and better players than us and its going to be a shit season which I am mentally preparing myself for.

Would prefer any of their strikers, even the Swedish one I've never heard of over Wellbeck atm (as an out and out striker). And I like Welbz but he really is £#%&!ing arse biscuits in front of goal.

Defence wise they're light but Kompany is better than anything we've got. Clichy is decent enough too.

Navas, Nasri, Silva and Toure would all improve our midfield and in the case of Toure and Silva, transform it. There's only Carrick that comes away with any sort of credit. High hopes for Kagawa and Adnan but its early days/hope. The rest of our midfield can GTF.

so not streets ahead in every department then

as I suspected

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:38 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:39 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
City will be winning the league by a considerable distance. Still, better than Liverpool doing it.
They or Chelsea will win it, neither will do it by a 'considerable distance'. They're just not that great. As proven by the mediocrity that is arsenal and liverpool being top 2.

I'm surprised more questions arent asked of why the plastic clubs that have spent so much money continue to underwhelm. Actually its not a surprise, they're not manchester united.

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:42 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so not streets ahead in every department then

as I suspected
Well yeah, its the internet ffs. Plus, its a bit like two passengers discussing the poorly polished balustrades whilst the titanic sinks.

They're better in enough departments to depress me hugely and we need to invest in some real quality to keep pace.

Would probably prefer Liverpool to win it rather than City but its a close run thing just because of the amount of berts I know/mix with.

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:44 PM
saffers

City are not 'streets ahead' in every department, if they were they would be cruising the league now and they wouldnt have been neck and neck with us the year they fluked the league. Not even gonna get into last season which could have seen us win it by 20 pts if we cared enough.

Fact is that we cant match up adequately one on one against them due to them having strengths in a position where we are powderpuff level. But over a whole season the quality of a squad tells hence us keeping up with them in 2012 despite an injury crisis, and us winning it easily last year.

And this is all throughout a period which has seen them spend more money in 4 years than we have in fergies entire 26 year reign. That's before even getting into the obscene levels their sugardaddy has pushed wages up to.

I will never understand a Manchester United fan adoring man city and playing them up to be something we should aspire to. They have had billions pumped into their club while we have had money taken out. We've won 5 out of the last 7 leagues, the two we didnt win being decided by goal difference and a single point. Both winners were plastic clubs who can spend how much dodgy oil money they want, they'll never be Manchester United.

Its like comparing the son of a arab sheikh who is being handed everything in his life to a regular middle class lad who comes from a good family but has tons of student debt.

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Well yeah, its the internet ffs. Plus, its a bit like two passengers discussing the poorly polished balustrades whilst the titanic sinks.

They're better in enough departments to depress me hugely and we need to invest in some real quality to keep pace.

Would probably prefer Liverpool to win it rather than City but its a close run thing just because of the amount of berts I know/mix with.
God NO. £#%&!ing NO NO NO NO, not £#%&!ing ever.

City having won it recently have delivered that initial painful blow. Winning it again might be uncomfortable but we can always just say they bought it.
The vermin winning it ....... Christ, I think I'd give up on football if they won it this season. In fact, I'd probably have to move to a remote part of the world with no TV or internet access because it would be un-£#%&!ing-bearable.

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

I will never understand a Manchester United fan adoring man city and playing them up to be something we should aspire to. They have had billions pumped into their club while we have had money taken out. We've won 5 out of the last 7 leagues, the two we didnt win being decided by goal difference and a single point. Both winners were plastic clubs who can spend how much dodgy oil money they want, they'll never be Manchester United.
All correct, but you don't have to live or work near the @#%&!s do you.

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:50 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy

Yeah, I used to though. :shudder:

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:51 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I don't.

And neither do you my frog friend.

But that is irrelevant to the points i'm making. How does having to face City fans regularly mean you have to suck their teams #@&%! for being good after the most aggressive spending of money ever seen in football?

They're good because of a rich benefactor. Even with a rich benefactor and greedy scum taking over our club, we remain more successful than them. Why would anyone United fan be jealous of them? Obviously I would like to get rid of the glazers but why on earth should a United fan envy a nothing clubs suddenly running into a money. There was no achievement there, theyre beholden to some random emirati royals ffs.

Unread 11-12-2013, 03:55 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
City are not 'streets ahead' in every department, if they were they would be cruising the league now and they wouldnt have been neck and neck with us the year they fluked the league. Not even gonna get into last season which could have seen us win it by 20 pts if we cared enough.

Fact is that we cant match up adequately one on one against them due to them having strengths in a position where we are powderpuff level. But over a whole season the quality of a squad tells hence us keeping up with them in 2012 despite an injury crisis, and us winning it easily last year.

And this is all throughout a period which has seen them spend more money in 4 years than we have in fergies entire 26 year reign. That's before even getting into the obscene levels their sugardaddy has pushed wages up to.

Its like comparing the son of a arab sheikh who is being handed everything in his life to a regular middle class lad who comes from a good family but has tons of student debt.
Adoring? Aspire to? I hope you're not directing that at me?

I don't admire them at all. I loathe them and I find the way they have got their success utterly depressing. But that's not the point I'm making is it.

They will buy dominance - they are doing and the gap between the clubs is widening. I don't want it to and we can keep saying things like 'we're Manchester united' as if that means anything as we tie up a deal with a £#%&!ing Italian hand cream supplier but we're going backwards atm having made some truly dreadful decisions.

Liverpool? yeah awful - either way, it's slit your wrist's time.

Unread 11-12-2013, 04:00 PM
saffers

Quote:
Adoring? Aspire to? I hope you're not directing that at me?

I don't admire them at all. I loathe them and I find the way they have got their success utterly depressing. But that's not the point I'm making is it.

They will buy dominance - they are doing and the gap between the clubs is widening. I don't want it to and we can keep saying things like 'we're Manchester united' as if that means anything as we tie up a deal with a £#%&!ing Italian hand cream supplier but we're going backwards atm having made some truly dreadful decisions.

Liverpool? yeah awful - either way, it's slit your wrist's time.
Just united fans in general keith. Not even bothered reading most of the posts on here so there was always a chance my post would end up slightly off topic.

Only read this thread properly when they lose.

We've dominated for 20 years, 1 bad year wouldn't mean the end of the empire. Empires don't crumble in a year. In fact, a shocking year can help jolt the club into action. Look at Bayerns aggressive change in attitude since 2007/08ish. Resulted in 3 european cup finals, 1 win and now a serious team on their hands.

Unread 11-12-2013, 04:05 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Just united fans in general keith. Not even bothered reading most of the posts on here so there was always a chance my post would end up slightly off topic.

Only read this thread properly when they lose.

We've dominated for 20 years, 1 bad year wouldn't mean the end of the empire. Empires don't crumble in a year. In fact, a shocking year can help jolt the club into action. Look at Bayerns aggressive change in attitude since 2007/08ish. Resulted in 3 european cup finals, 1 win and now a serious team on their hands.
I agree - we just need to invest and not end up at the end of the season with players as catastrophically bad as Fellaini.

I honestly think the balance of this team could be tipped quite easily by just one player ala Ozil at the Arse but we need to do it and this season's a bit of a right off already because we £#%&!ed up last summer.

Over and out.

Unread 11-12-2013, 04:10 PM
dunk

I don't think anybody is 'adoring' or 'admiring' them in any way tbh. Just admitting they are better than us. End of story really. They will be winning trophy/ies, we won't. Simple. The sooner the dicks in charge at United recognise and act upon this, the better. Them having their head in the sand about it doesn't help anyone tbh.

Unread 11-12-2013, 04:12 PM
rafabio

I would take Aguero over RVP. Certainly Jovetic and Dzeko over welbeck, hernandez.

Their midfield annihilates ours every time we play. No contest their.

While our wingers have regressed, they have been collectively getting better with silva, nasri, navas

Their defence leaves a lot to be desired but when fit kompany+nastastic is better and consistent than any pairing we put out.

We are better at fullback and goalkeeping marginally.

With more money to be £#%&!ed in january, the gap is going to widen. While their away record is abysmal, they have been unlucky in a few and not outplayed. While most of our defeats have been thoroughly deserved.

Unread 11-12-2013, 04:13 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Unread 11-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

just because it's the internet, I have noted your aguero>rvp howler for future ridiculing purposes

city are better than united atm almost exclusively in the department of scoring goals - they were 2-0 down inside 10 minutes last night apparently ffs... it's a very fine line between scoring goals and not scoring them. it starts by taking a high proportion of the few chances you make and invariably leads on to taking a low proportion of the high number of chances you make. then that low proportion dries up and confidence goes. then the defence comes under pressure. then results slip and often get worse. which is where we are now. despite rooney being arguably our best player this season we've missed far too many chances. last night we made few and won. normally people would call the run we've just had a blip.

blip.
Closed Thread