United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
Some of his passing in the first half was just pure sex. My player of the season so far.
The splitting, angled balls he kept playing to both Evra and Rafael set the tone of the game. Liverpool's wide players were very reluctant to get forward after he cut them out of the game a few times.

Comparing him to Joe Allen today was a joke.

Unread 13-01-2013, 10:54 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
"He can pass, tackle head Michael Carrick is a red....."

Don't they sing that anymore?
Didn't really take off .
Same with " oh oh oh it's carrick , it's hard to believe its not scholes "

Unread 13-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Time For Heroes

Carrick is my current favourite player, he needs a song.....

Unread 13-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
My 'Michael Carrick Seldom Scores' anthem to the tune of 'Michael Row the Boat Ashore' never really caught on.
I'll offer this up one more time, but if its not given the love it deserves its off the table.

Unread 13-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
I'll offer this up one more time, but if its not given the love it deserves its off the table.
I like it Throwers, I like it

Unread 13-01-2013, 11:20 PM
andyroo

I was thinking something along the lines of "Carrick on the fields of London, Carrick on the fields of Birmingham..."

Then I realised it was a bit shit so I stopped.

Unread 14-01-2013, 06:38 AM
believe

Showed his weakness again when he had to dominate the midfield. We'll be £#%&!ed once we come up against a strong midfield but luckily there doesn't appear to be one in Europe.

Unread 14-01-2013, 06:49 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Showed his weakness again when he had to dominate the midfield. We'll be £#%&!ed once we come up against a strong midfield but luckily there doesn't appear to be one in Europe.
he was superb

Unread 14-01-2013, 07:04 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Showed his weakness again when he had to dominate the midfield.

Unread 14-01-2013, 07:05 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
he was superb
He was until he had to hold the midfield together when Cleverley and Kagawa were £#%&!ed. Then he looked a little bit suspect. Not blaming him I think it just highlights the fact we need to add a 90 minute box to box midfielder to allow Carrick to do what he does best.

Unread 14-01-2013, 07:10 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
He was until he had to hold the midfield together when Cleverley and Kagawa were £#%&!ed. Then he looked a little bit suspect. Not blaming him I think it just highlights the fact we need to add a 90 minute box to box midfielder to allow Carrick to do what he does best.
furry muff.

Unread 14-01-2013, 10:31 AM
PaulParkers

Thought he was absolutely brilliant yesterday. As Grimmers said, the angled passes he hit yesterday in behind Sterling and Downing were sheer class. All along the deck too and he not only finds feet but plays the pass at a pace which makes it easy for the receiving player to control it or take the ball on the move without breaking stride. He hit one from the right side of the centre circle into Evra's feet which was sublime.

I've been one of his harshest critics since May '09 but on form he is a terrific footballer.

Unread 14-01-2013, 10:39 AM
ReligiousRed

Think Bellers had sand his eyes tbh

Unread 14-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Ethers

Was absolutely immense yesterday. Can't remember him doing anything wrong at all tbh

Unread 14-01-2013, 12:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Was absolutely immense yesterday. Can't remember him doing anything wrong at all tbh
He didn't stomp on Steven Gerrard's head beating it into a mushy pulp. That was wrong of him.

Unread 14-01-2013, 12:51 PM
shenwen

if it wasn't for van p, he'd be favourite for player of the year

Unread 14-01-2013, 01:18 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Lost it for a few minutes in the second half, but was mostly excellent. Enjoying his best football for about four years.

Unread 14-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
if it wasn't for van p, he'd be favourite for player of the year
Fans or players player ?

Unread 14-01-2013, 01:20 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Lost it for a few minutes in the second half, but was mostly excellent. Enjoying his best football for about four years.
He's been tremendous for 18 months, he's just getting a bit of recognition for it now..

RvP must be a shoe in for back to back PFA Player of the Year awards

Unread 14-01-2013, 01:23 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's been tremendous for 18 months, he's just getting a bit of recognition for it now..

RvP must be a shoe in for back to back PFA Player of the Year awards
Dya mean a shoehorn in?
Closed Thread