United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2019, 08:32 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
This. £#%&! a quadruple, I’d take Liverpool winning the league to stop a city domestic treble, still not fully over the ‘94 Coca Cola Cup. Either way it’s on course to be the worst season possibly ever, can only hope it makes the boardroom wake up and sort the structure out but I’m not holding my breath.
If wood£#%&! ain't woke yet, he ain't waking.

Unread 31-03-2019, 08:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
This. £#%&! a quadruple, I’d take Liverpool winning the league to stop a city domestic treble, still not fully over the ‘94 Coca Cola Cup. Either way it’s on course to be the worst season possibly ever, can only hope it makes the boardroom wake up and sort the structure out but I’m not holding my breath.

Why would they even care?

Woodward has already said we don’t need to win trophies to continue to be marketable.

Top four and the money that comes with it is all they care about.

Unread 31-03-2019, 08:40 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Woodward has already said we don’t need to win trophies to continue to be marketable.

Maybe it will be a wake up call for the glazer @#%&!s if we finish 5th....

Unread 31-03-2019, 08:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
carragher clearly on the mic after they scored and neville trying to pass it off as a random liverpool fan grabbing the mic
um..... have you ever been to a comedy club?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Our demise is entirely born out of the cluelessness of the people at the top of the club.
this. liverpool just didn't hire moyes or mourinho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
They almost dropped pts vs fulham the other week. And dropped pts to shite teams like west ham and leicester.

Anything can happen. City are probably going to win the league. I don't think liverpool will suddenly "click", theyve been playing like this for most of the season, they will drop pts again. Should have lost today.
this. obvs. liverpool's form is awful. their luck will run out against some shit team. how many times have we looked at our fixture list and been right about "the next six games"?

Quote:
Maybe it will be a wake up call for the glazer @#%&!s if we finish 5th....
I hope they never wake up.

Unread 31-03-2019, 08:45 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

It's my way of coping, telling myself that some good will come from Liverpool/city picking up every available trophy while we would do well to avoid the Europa and a @#%&!ting at the Nou Camp. Will work until I see Jones, Mata and Young starting matches next season

Unread 31-03-2019, 09:01 PM
waynes ear's

Madrid on ITV4. Bale looks £#%&!ing £#%&!. Cant wait to see him shit@#%&!ing it up for us

Edit: outside of the boot cross for benzema to head back across for some unknown to put Madrid 2-1 up

Unread 31-03-2019, 09:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Madrid on ITV4. Bale looks £#%&!ing £#%&!. Cant wait to see him shit@#%&!ing it up for us
‘United’s Bale ruled out for further three months with new injury’

Unread 31-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Ajax

Unread 31-03-2019, 09:17 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
‘United’s Bale ruled out for further three months with new injury’

Madrid look £#%&!

Ramos

Strike

Unread 31-03-2019, 09:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Don’t get this attitude at all. City are a much better team than Barca, Juve and Liverpool. All they have to do from point on is win a few games against teams they’ve been caning all year. We need Liverpool to win the league, end of story.
And being the better team, they are still only around 10% or so to win all three of the remaining trophies.

Though there’s no evidence they are better than Liverpool this season, nor Barca or Juve.

Liverpool are just as likely to win the league and european cup double as city. Yet no-one seems to give a £#%&! because they’ve bought into the city distraction.

Klopp seems to have been more muted during celebrations today. Seems to have learnt his lesson over their earlier £#%&! up. Teams who get a second chance like that usually win the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Obvs I’m gutted that Liverpool might end up being the recipients of city’s failure this year but at least they’re a proper football club.
Which is why you shouldn’t be wanting them to win the league. Particularly given half the journalists and pundits are Liverpool fans.

To think we finished second last season, yet Woodward and the glazers didn’t think any investment over summer could close the gap.

Quote:
..can only hope it makes the boardroom wake up and sort the structure out but I’m not holding my breath.
We know it won’t. City got hundred points last season and Liverpool made the European cup final and the club were motivated to do precisely £#%&! all in response.

Unread 31-03-2019, 10:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

We know it won’t. City got hundred points last season and Liverpool made the European cup final and the club were motivated to do precisely £#%&! all in response.
Yep. Don’t expect any major strides until we get new owners and a new chief exec.

If Solskjaer achieves anything it will be in spite of them.

Unread 01-04-2019, 02:33 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
To think we finished second last season, yet Woodward and the glazers didn’t think any investment over summer could close the gap.

I suspect something happened between Mou and the board between the renewing of his contract and the summer and that’s why we didn’t go all out with transfers. I’d like to think the board were disgusted by Sevilla but half of them probably didn’t watch it.

We can all recognise that the board are more interested in the business/marketing side of things, even Klopp picked up on that without setting foot in the place. Likewise we can see from the wages dished out to squad players that we lack a footballing structure. Of the many criticisms to make of Mou his obliviousness to the structure he would inherit is right up there. He has managed across Europe yet didn’t attempt to influence the structure before he took the job, LVG ditto. Both of them complaining after the fact but they could have done something about it albeit they shouldn’t have had to.

Ole has a huge list of things to sort and even if he is aware of the extent of the issues above him I worry if he will have the time to dedicate to it much less a network of contacts that he could work with as part of his recruitment team.

Unread 01-04-2019, 07:04 AM
Stickman

Quote:
I’d like to think the board were disgusted by Sevilla but half of them probably didn’t watch it.

Unread 01-04-2019, 08:23 AM
Clownbones

It doesn't matter that they're not playing well. They're winning. Again and again.

Yesterday was yet another tough scenario that they easily could/should have dropped points in but didn't.

The city game is the only time all season they've come out of the wrong end of a narrow scenario.

Fulham away a couple of weeks ago, Everton, palace and now today all gifted to them late on with goalkeeping errors. Any dropped points in those would have been a hammer blow, but the late wins will just keep giving them more and more belief that they'll do it.

Overall, City are a better side, but that might not matter. It will come down to a point or two here or there and I suspect we'll be looking at the nearly moments above and city's 3 defeats in 4 over Christmas as the difference.

Unread 01-04-2019, 09:58 AM
redhegemony

Thought Spurs played that all wrong on terms of formation. Liverpool had 3 hard working but limited players in midfield so it was obvious they would use the full backs. Why not match the formation and put sissoko Eriksson and one other against that 3 you'd expect them to dominate them.

Alle doesn't seem to have a clear role why not have him as part of a front 3 with Kane and Son.

Unread 01-04-2019, 02:12 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
It doesn't matter that they're not playing well. They're winning. Again and again.

Yesterday was yet another tough scenario that they easily could/should have dropped points in but didn't.

The city game is the only time all season they've come out of the wrong end of a narrow scenario.

Fulham away a couple of weeks ago, Everton, palace and now today all gifted to them late on with goalkeeping errors. Any dropped points in those would have been a hammer blow, but the late wins will just keep giving them more and more belief that they'll do it.

Overall, City are a better side, but that might not matter. It will come down to a point or two here or there and I suspect we'll be looking at the nearly moments above and city's 3 defeats in 4 over Christmas as the difference.
They've dropped more points this half of the season than they did last half.

You mention all the times theyve had luck but what about the frustrating draws to everton leicester and west ham? Teams that basically offered jackshit in the games. What about drawing to injury ridden united? I was certain we'd lose in the 2nd half, they were cowardly and nervous.

They can't suddenly just turn it on, and the pressure is only gonna intensify. You say theyll get belief from this. It seems theyre playing worse for each month in the league. Do you count on them to win their next 6 games on the bounce? Because thats the only way theyll win the league.

Unread 01-04-2019, 02:17 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
They've dropped more points this half of the season than they did last half.

You mention all the times theyve had luck but what about the frustrating draws to everton leicester and west ham? Teams that basically offered jackshit in the games. What about drawing to injury ridden united? I was certain we'd lose in the 2nd half, they were cowardly and nervous.

They can't suddenly just turn it on, and the pressure is only gonna intensify. You say theyll get belief from this. It seems theyre playing worse for each month in the league. Do you count on them to win their next 6 games on the bounce? Because thats the only way theyll win the league.
No. I think they'll drop 2 more points and City will drop 4.

Unread 01-04-2019, 02:20 PM
saffers

Quote:
No. I think they'll drop 2 more points and City will drop 4.
Thats where we differ. I think city will drop 2 pts. Even those im not sure about.

If they come to OT and basically just need to win there to set their last 2 games up for the title then theyll probably win. They're simply much better than us.

It'll be fitting if they lose the title by a point and the results at Old Trafford for City and Liverpool basically decide the title. That game is gonna haunt klopp and liverpool for years. Much less understated than the demba ba game but equally massive imo. They just needed a little bit of ambition and theyd have won....

He played the anti football midfield trio again yesterday. He's nervous, they're nervous....

Unread 01-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Thats where we differ. I think city will drop 2 pts. Even those im not sure about.

If they come to OT and basically just need to win there to set their last 2 games up for the title then theyll probably win. They're simply much better than us.

It'll be fitting if they lose the title by a point and the results at Old Trafford for City and Liverpool basically decide the title. That game is gonna haunt klopp and liverpool for years. Much less understated than the demba ba game but equally massive imo. They just needed a little bit of ambition and theyd have won....

He played the anti football midfield trio again yesterday. He's nervous, they're nervous....
I agree that they're nervous, but they're still digging out results when it matters. Once or twice might not be enough, but it's 5 or 6 games now that they really got out of jail.

I see the same things as you, I'm just drawing a different conclusion from it.

We've been saying since £#%&!ing August that they won't keep winning. That eventually they'll have a bad spell, but it just hasn't come. The closest we've had is back to back draws.

It gets to the point where performances don't matter and results do. And we're there now.

City will feel the pressure of this too. Haven't they won about 7 in a row since they lost to Newcastle? They're due a slip. A draw at least and they've got spurs three times in the next month to contend with.

We saw this at Christmas. Blistering form that couldn't shake off Liverpool. Liverpool got their shabby 97th minute winner against Everton and City folded and lost 3 of their next 4. They have another daft result in them like that imo.

I don't believe your name is on it or any shit like that, but I do believe that winning when you're not playing well again and again takes it toll on the team you're chasing.

I suspect City will drop points very soon.

As ever with our Liverpool conversations, Saffers, I hope you're right and I'm wrong

Unread 01-04-2019, 04:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Even when they played us ffs. Despite literally everything going their way they scraped a point they didn't deserve. Absolute @#%&!S
Closed Thread