United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:44 AM
neworder

not an fc fan but all the best

I may not agree with alot of their beleifs (I.e. The soul is one) but its a great achievement and I hope they continue to @#%&! the non league because they deserve it

Good luck next season

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworderdude
not an fc fan but all the best

I may not agree with alot of their beleifs (I.e. The soul is one) but its a great achievement and I hope they continue to @#%&! the non league because they deserve it

Good luck next season
A nice post. Thank you kind sir.

Unread 05-05-2008, 12:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Look mate, you are not the voice of Uniteds fans.

You don't come from Manchester

You haven't always supported United

You're small

You make shit flags

You kop when someone else promotes an idea (you had no say in the derby...well done dennis the king)

You're small

You make shit flags

No one cares about your views on FC, you're bias as you support Runcorn (a scouse club)

You're small

You make shit flags

How you haven't been put on your arse is beyond me - must be a credit to Uniteds support these days that no one has at least given your shit stirring face a slap

You're small

I don't honestly think FC are a United club - but if you ever comment on them, I just ignore you - you twisted scouse shithouse.

You're small.
rofl rofl

Unread 05-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Ed Sullivan

I'd had a few

Unread 05-05-2008, 12:22 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
I'd had a few
you should drink more often

Unread 05-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Blagger

where does Tufty sit on a matchday?

(other than on Gills' #@&%!)

Unread 05-05-2008, 01:14 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
Promotion gained via inflated players wages paying players of a higher standard than the rest of the league could afford.
Money made through commercial exploitation and increased gate monies.
Seems they have more in common with the Glazers than they think.
You really are a @#%&!.

I think you have a lot in common with the Glazers, your all short arsed, balding £#%&!ers with chips on your shoulders.

Scouse @#%&!.

Unread 05-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
Your lies are out of date.

We no longer charge more that other clubs in our league despite the fact we needed to in the past or we would go bust. Prices in our league have ranged between £6-£10.

Regarding wages, one clubs spent 3 times more than us on wages this year and 3 clubs spent double. So whatever the reason we got promoted it certainly wasn't because of money.
surely fan power has taken FC this far this fast - their average gates wouldn't look out of place much higher up the pyramid

but that 2-2 draw with Radcliffe Borough?

Unread 05-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
surely fan power has taken FC this far this fast - their average gates wouldn't look out of place much higher up the pyramid

but that 2-2 draw with Radcliffe Borough?
I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean the fan's vocal backing or the finance that, supposedly, comes with bigger crowds.

If you mean the vocal backing then, yes, I certainly think that makes a big difference and gives us an advantage over other teams in the league.

Unread 06-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
Promotion gained via inflated players wages paying players of a higher standard than the rest of the league could afford.
Actually, FC were amongst the lowest payers in Unibond League One this season, one reason why we were unable to retain the services of certain players.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Congratulations to FC and their fans except LMC.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:25 AM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

Unread 06-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Jack Duckworth

great post, ed

even though i don't think they're anything to do with us, fair £#%&!s to fc. 3 promotions in 3 years is a great achievement.

Unread 06-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Child of Darkness

I had a brilliant day on saturday - pub 5 pints big utd win 4-1

Over the road via offy - little utd win 4-1 .

home via chippy and offy 4 bottles of cider game of football with the boys

wish I could go back in time and do it again

Unread 06-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Well done, i couldn't give a shit about what you think of me but keep that attitude up and i might even grow to like you

Unread 06-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean the fan's vocal backing or the finance that, supposedly, comes with bigger crowds.

If you mean the vocal backing then, yes, I certainly think that makes a big difference and gives us an advantage over other teams in the league.
Well both, I suppose.

FC have had average gates of more than 30 times those of their rivals in some cases over the last 3 seasons.

For example, I bet Eccleshall haven't had 2,000 fans in total at all their home league games since they played FC.

Such large numbers attract players and sponsors alike, surely. And of course, the turnover of the club is far far greater than most of the teams they've locked horns with since 2005 - off the scale in fact, compared to many of them.

As I said, fan power.

Unread 06-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside
Actually, FC were amongst the lowest payers in Unibond League One this season, one reason why we were unable to retain the services of certain players.

Like who?
Closed Thread