United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music > Tissue Island Discs (TID's)
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 08:47 PM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
drummers real name was brian grantham

right handy f***er

Met him a few times, know what you mean, he was giving drum lessons to a lad I knew from Woodhouse park.

Went to see him play in some pub in Wythenshawe, must have been '84 or 85, don't ask me where it all looks the same round there, couldn't wait for it to finish so we could f*** off back to the relative safety of Withington !

I don't suppose you remember the name of that band he was in then do you ?

Old 09-01-2008, 09:44 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13
Met him a few times, know what you mean, he was giving drum lessons to a lad I knew from Woodhouse park.

Went to see him play in some pub in Wythenshawe, must have been '84 or 85, don't ask me where it all looks the same round there, couldn't wait for it to finish so we could f*** off back to the relative safety of Withington !

I don't suppose you remember the name of that band he was in then do you ?
didnt even know he was in a band in the eighties

i recall the bass player (howard bates) and the guitarist (rossi) starting up a band called the studio sweethearts - our mutual acquantance went to london to join them, released one single then folded

Old 09-01-2008, 11:05 PM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
didnt even know he was in a band in the eighties

i recall the bass player (howard bates) and the guitarist (rossi) starting up a band called the studio sweethearts - our mutual acquantance went to london to join them, released one single then folded
Hmmm, pretty sure it was him, might have been a one off?

I remember him doing a fancy trick and filling the hi-hat with talcum powder, so when they started the first song and he hit the cymbal it was like a cheap version of a smoke machine!!

I will definitely try to find out though.
Closed Thread