United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
That's where we really missed Nevile. With no overlapping full back, Ronaldo never had a passing option on the outside. So it became easy to predict where he'd pass the ball. More importantly, without an attacking right back, Milan could double up on him and not worry about any gap they left on that side of the pitch, as O'Shea rarely ventured forward enough to take advantage.

I’ve always thought the accusation that Ronaldo “didn’t perform” in that second leg was grossly unfair. He simply wasn’t allowed too.
To be fair he still didn't have a good game, but neither did Giggs, Carrick or Scholes.
It was just a bad bad night. Some people like moi probably tried to comfort ourselves by saying we were just outclassed, when in reality we just didn't turn up.

I could very well be completely wrong but that was my feeling at the time.

Unread 05-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
If we meet these @#%&!s in the knockouts, and don't win, I'm going to kill myself.
forza milan!

Unread 05-12-2007, 12:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Yeah maybe I'm being dramatic. Our defence was a shell of what it was supposed to be and we had one striker in Rooney. No Saha.
But in midfield, especially away, I though they over ran us. They did a great job on Ronaldo too.
Who knows what would have happened with Rio and a fit Vidic but there was no better option in midfield.
There was no better option in midfield which is a big part in us running out of gas. We had no real options and a similar thing happened in the Cup Final where we just loked lacking in energy, though we were still the bettr side.

Unread 05-12-2007, 12:41 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
I still can't fathom how their one apparent major threat (in Kaka) was allowed the space he was to score the first in the San Siro, surely he has to be marked fiercely, especially in the first quarter of an hour.
We had fletcher up against Kaka...

Unread 05-12-2007, 12:43 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
forza milan!
@#%&!!

Unread 05-12-2007, 01:32 PM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Crap. I can't believe it's essentially the same side that totally outplayed us in the San Siro. £#%&!ing ridiculous.

Celtic were even worse. The technique of some of their players is shocking. Awful team.

Inzaghi's miss was probably the highlight

Fully agree. To be fair to Celtic, even their players weren't celebrating much afterwards & realised they'd just been outplayed by AC Milan 2nd 11 ( pretty near). That being said, they had a few chances.

Inzaghi's miss TM will live in my memory.

Unread 05-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Celtic are completely useless away from home, which goes to show how important a good home atmosphere can do.

Unread 05-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Firswood Red

didn't realise they've only won 2 league titles in 11 years

Have Inter won more than Milan?

Unread 05-12-2007, 02:03 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
didn't realise they've only won 2 league titles in 11 years

Have Inter won more than Milan?
Same number of League Championships in the same period - although they got the 2006 Scudetto after Juve were stripped of the title!
Closed Thread