United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Next season's keeper - De Gea or Onana?
De Gea 15 30.00%
Onana 35 70.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 22-05-2024, 11:55 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default De Gea or Onana

Both been lobbed in their own 6 yard box. Both thrown some (plenty) in over their last respective seasons.

Onana got weaker wrists, but does come off his line. Commands the area but (so far) has been just as shit with his feet as De Gea has.

Next season we've got Onana or De Gea back. Who do you want?

Unread 22-05-2024, 11:56 AM
Chris Quayd

Heaton

Unread 22-05-2024, 11:58 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Heaton
DG or AO or GTFO

Unread 22-05-2024, 11:59 AM
Baron

It's not a choice, we have reality - Onana needs to sort his shit out but he'll be here and I'll back him. But also call him a massive @#%&! if he throws them in again. Some of his dropped %@#$&!s this season have been astonishing. Like maybe look into his betting account levels of astonishing.

Unread 22-05-2024, 12:04 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
DG or AO or GTFO
Neither are anywhere near good enough (nor is this thread). If we could get close to our money back for Onana then throw DDG in nets and use the money wisely, lol. Onana is better now obviously but I don’t see how us improving as a team will assist with his footwork and ‘guinea pig on a trampoline’ style

Unread 22-05-2024, 12:07 PM
Medlock

Both shit unfortunately

Unread 22-05-2024, 12:08 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Neither are anywhere near good enough (nor is this thread). If we could get close to our money back for Onana then throw DDG in nets and use the money wisely, lol. Onana is better now obviously but I don’t see how us improving as a team will assist with his footwork and ‘guinea pig on a trampoline’ style

i'll put you down as Onana

Unread 22-05-2024, 12:41 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
DG or AO or GTFO
gtfo.

Unread 22-05-2024, 12:47 PM
History

De Gea was a better goalkeeper, Goth or not.

Wouldn't have him back, but still prefer him to the clown in goal currently

Unread 22-05-2024, 12:56 PM
NedKelly

De Gea was done here. Incredible shot stopper at one point but deteriorated massively over the last couple of seasons. Was never as bad as dunk said - he saved us plenty of points even last season, but it was getting worse and worse and even his shot stopping wasn’t as good as it once was.

Onana is not great but think he’s an improvement on de Gea last season. Would stick with him and see if he improves next year, partly because I want us to prioritise other positions, and partly because he has had some great games to be fair to him.

Both are guilty of letting in some ridiculous goals.

Unread 22-05-2024, 12:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
De Gea was done here. Incredible shot stopper at one point but deteriorated massively over the last couple of seasons. Was never as bad as dunk said - he saved us plenty of points even last season, but it was getting worse and worse and even his shot stopping wasn’t as good as it once was.

Onana is not great but think he’s an improvement on de Gea last season. Would stick with him and see if he improves next year, partly because I want us to prioritise other positions, and partly because he has had some great games to be fair to him.

Both are guilty of letting in some ridiculous goals.
Yup.

We probably should have given that Easter European from the reserves a shot instead of selling him to Leverkusen last summer…

I now look forward to his clanger compilation video being posted.

Unread 22-05-2024, 04:17 PM
ScarFace

Both are shit.

Unread 22-05-2024, 04:17 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

you would though wouldn't you. not gonna buy a load of arsenal gear when he's got thousands of tops and trackies in the wardrobe.

that said, wouldn't surprise me to see him back.

gloves in... gloves out

Unread 22-05-2024, 04:23 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
3 year old Utd training gear...

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:33 PM
pc6090

Keep onana and get a new goalkeeping coach.

Unread 22-05-2024, 09:25 PM
Neo

Football

I prefer not to speak; if I speak I am in big trouble.

However, what I will say is that I love David De Gea. A time-served club legend in my eyes, who has arguably been one of the top 5, if not top 3, best players at the club since Fergie retired.

Despite this, I feel the club needs to back the new man. Onana speaks well, and seems to have the broad shoulders to cope with the pressure of the most pressurised on-field position in world football.

He has looked solid in patches, and just needs to find that consistency, and the key to doing that IMO is having a stable back four in front of him, just like De Gea also needed. This is where the club needs to do its job, and get in one, if not two, top-class centre backs to partner Martinez, as well as a top-class right-back, which is a position we have failed to lock down since Gary Neville stopped playing.

The final point that needs highlighting is that the club still owes De Gea a testimonial. Hopefully they do the decent thing this summer. If so, it will be emotional.

Unread 22-05-2024, 09:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Yup.

We probably should have given that Easter European from the reserves a shot instead of selling him to Leverkusen last summer…

I now look forward to his clanger compilation video being posted.
Yeah… maybe not.

Unread 23-05-2024, 12:38 AM
madhattricks

Onana makes average saves difficult. But we cannot go back to DDG. Have to hope Onana improves and we keep our scouts out there for a potential replacement.

Unread 23-05-2024, 03:17 AM
westcoastvan

I don't think they'll bring De Gea back, but I don't think Onana will last either.

Once Ten Hag's out the door, they'll be looking to replace him once the budget allows for it.

He may massively improve with a solid defense behind him....but the problems we've seen with him this year aren't going to go away....they'll pop up again and again.