View Poll Results: In our out?
In 36 40.00%
Out 54 60.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:37 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Bit of a landslide the polling, isn't it? The turntables have totally turned. Only wums and sadists want him in - and silvs "in" vote was a shit joke.

"There's nobody else that could come in and do better" is also a terrible argument to keep a terrible manager.
I get where you're coming from, but it's a valid point. There is absolutely no justification for starting all over again with a manager who's won nothing, ever, or only managed small clubs with absolutely zero pressure.

Especially when the problems run much deeper, as the waterfall stadium shows. We're not exactly a great advert for an ambitious manager. We're a toxic mix - a badly-run, decaying mess that simultaneously puts intense, relentless pressure on managers. The idea someone who's done well with Brighton or Bournemouth could cope with that is ridiculous. I think the moronic players would undermine him again, we'd most likely get even worse, sack him, and be back having the same discussion within months. Obviously, I might be wrong. I'd get behind the new guy, if there was one, and if he had the right attitude I'd give him a chance - but it would have to be longer than one and a half seasons.

Hopefully the new ownership structure will help. Ten Hag has had a mountain of nonsense to deal with, and the most bizarre injury situation I can ever remember. Although I reckon Rooney's right, some of them could be playing.

Overall I'm still IN, just about. Especially when we beat city.

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:42 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
they know a landslide when they see one.

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:43 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Ah yes, children dying - so funny pal. Big fan of Sandy Hook too?
I would like to apologise to anyone who was offended by my comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
If those 6 had performed as they should have we would have been top 4.
Quote:
The loss of the senior players has meant:

1. No competition or rest at full back with players who can't do what we need.
2. Over reliance on Hojlund, Mainoo and Garnacho.
3. Complete chaos at centre back. I'd hope they are exploring why it's the centre halves that are most injured.
4. Lack of consistency- young players are up and down.

The only bonus is that the young players have got more minutes and thankfully so far not got injured.
all true. and none of that provides any excuse for keef's list of mistakes.

the art of management is about making the best of what you have, not wishing you had better luck and self-harming.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:09 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
I would like to apologise to anyone who was offended by my comment.

all true. and none of that provides any excuse for keef's list of mistakes.

the art of management is about making the best of what you have, not wishing you had better luck and self-harming.
He has had so few choices. One obvious example we have been stuck with a slow centre half a lot of the time which means the defence can't push up as high as it should.

That gives 2 options. 1. Don't press up field which effectively means giving away possession and dropping back or 2. Try and press and leaving a huge hole in midfield. We've done a bit of both.

A lack of crossing from overlapping full backs. So 2 choices. 1. Invert the wingers or 2. Play on the break with wingers on the right side but before the defence can set. Look at Garnacho on Sunday always had 2 men to beat.

Amrabat gave us more solidity on Sunday but without Bruno or Mount we had little creativity.

He's had to compromise all the time.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:13 AM
jem

Quote:
He has had so few choices. One obvious example we have been stuck with a slow centre half a lot of the time which means the defence can't push up as high as it should.

That gives 2 options. 1. Don't press up field which effectively means giving away possession and dropping back or 2. Try and press and leaving a huge hole in midfield. We've done a bit of both.

A lack of crossing from overlapping full backs. So 2 choices. 1. Invert the wingers or 2. Play on the break with wingers on the right side but before the defence can set. Look at Garnacho on Sunday always had 2 men to beat.

Amrabat gave us more solidity on Sunday but without Bruno or Mount we had little creativity.

He's had to compromise all the time.
he could have a played a more solid midfield all of the time. he has made bad choices. even the comment on amrabat.... right, who knew? who £#%&!ing knew?

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:22 AM
shenwen

Aside from "it's better than Southgate" does anyone have a more positive reason why he should stay? Saying he's already been here for two seasons and we don't want to change doesn't count. It's daft logic. I'm not overly convinced by the ifs and buts argument either.

You can change as much as you want at the top, it still doesn't make ETH a good enough manager. Personally I wouldn't be crying of he stayed, but feel the club and the players (especially the ones we need to sign) requires a manager with a bit more character and self awareness than ETH.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:22 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
he could have a played a more solid midfield all of the time. he has made bad choices. even the comment on amrabat.... right, who knew? who £#%&!ing knew?
Except Casimero has looked shot which leaves a choice of The Scottish Player, Mainoo and Amrabat 2 of whom don't have much of a forward passing range. It would matter so much with Martinez and Varanne but it does with the other centre halves. We can add Eriksen to the list of dysfunctional senior players.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:27 AM
jem

Quote:
Except Casimero has looked shot which leaves a choice of The Scottish Player, Mainoo and Amrabat 2 of whom don't have much of a forward passing range. It would matter so much with Martinez and Varanne but it does with the other centre halves. We can add Eriksen to the list of dysfunctional senior players.
what? mainoo and amrabat both offer plenty in attack, as does cass himself. all three should have played. cass wouldn't be so knackered (and nor would mainoo have had so much pressure on him). there's not much outside them, even if mctog has been an effective sub when we're desperate.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:31 AM
shenwen

The only reason I would be reluctant to let ETH go is that t is almost guaranteed Rashford (and maybe others) get a clean slate with the new manager.

If a new man comes in, it has to be part of a wider comprehensive clean out or there's a risk we go back to square one. Again.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:32 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
what? mainoo and amrabat both offer plenty in attack, as does cass himself. all three should have played. cass wouldn't be so knackered (and nor would mainoo have had so much pressure on him). there's not much outside them, even if mctog has been an effective sub when we're desperate.
Casimero was excellent last season but has consistently given the ball away this and is so slow to get back. Mainoo is excellent but very young and is learning. Amrabat filled a hole on Sunday but doesn't look very creative. So we had a choice then of The Scottish Player or Eriksen....Hobson's £#%&!ing choice.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:37 AM
atticusgrinch

The biggest letdown isn't even the shit results and shit performances for me.

It's not having the balls to drop Rashford for a whole 12 months or calling out the refs when they shaft us game after game.

No-Balls Erik. That's my issue the no-balls bald bastard.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:38 AM
jem

Quote:
Casimero was excellent last season but has consistently given the ball away this and is so slow to get back. Mainoo is excellent but very young and is learning. Amrabat filled a hole on Sunday but doesn't look very creative. So we had a choice then of The Scottish Player or Eriksen....Hobson's £#%&!ing choice.
I refer you to my previous post.

I disagree with your player assessments, but the point is that it would easier for all of them (and the defence) if we played a strong midfield instead of the disjointed, exposing nonsense that 10h has run with.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:41 AM
believe

Quote:
He had some excellent games, 10 maybe. He wasn't excellent. It's the same as you keep saying we had an excellent season, we didn't.

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
The biggest letdown isn't even the shit results and shit performances for me.

It's not having the balls to drop Rashford for a whole 12 months or calling out the refs when they shaft us game after game.

No-Balls Erik. That's my issue the no-balls bald bastard.
Nobody that wants EtH to stay will address that

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
The only reason I would be reluctant to let ETH go is that t is almost guaranteed Rashford (and maybe others) get a clean slate with the new manager.

If a new man comes in, it has to be part of a wider comprehensive clean out or there's a risk we go back to square one. Again.
Agree with that.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:46 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
I refer you to my previous post.

I disagree with your player assessments, but the point is that it would easier for all of them (and the defence) if we played a strong midfield instead of the disjointed, exposing nonsense that 10h has run with.
We didn't have to beat off the top clubs for Amrabat or probably Casimero or indeed Eriksen. None are good enough now for a United midfield but then neither is The Scottish Player and nor was Fred. We need 3 new ones.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:47 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
I know it shouldn't but it still surprises me that people think that the training is so haphazard that players get injured. It's based on science and data and no coach is going to want players injured

The buying of Casimero and Varrane was absolutely typical of the short termism that has blighted the club.

Rashford is a senior player as is Martial and both have let him down. As has Sancho. So adding in C and V and Shaws injury 6 senior players who ought to be first choice have been largely absent.

That's without Martinez and Malachia.

If those 6 had performed as they should have we would have been top 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
I get where you're coming from, but it's a valid point. There is absolutely no justification for starting all over again with a manager who's won nothing, ever, or only managed small clubs with absolutely zero pressure.

Especially when the problems run much deeper, as the waterfall stadium shows. We're not exactly a great advert for an ambitious manager. We're a toxic mix - a badly-run, decaying mess that simultaneously puts intense, relentless pressure on managers. The idea someone who's done well with Brighton or Bournemouth could cope with that is ridiculous. I think the moronic players would undermine him again, we'd most likely get even worse, sack him, and be back having the same discussion within months. Obviously, I might be wrong. I'd get behind the new guy, if there was one, and if he had the right attitude I'd give him a chance - but it would have to be longer than one and a half seasons.

Hopefully the new ownership structure will help. Ten Hag has had a mountain of nonsense to deal with, and the most bizarre injury situation I can ever remember. Although I reckon Rooney's right, some of them could be playing.

Overall I'm still IN, just about. Especially when we beat city.
I agree with both of these.

The EtH outers only see black and white and will be the first to scream for the new guy to be sacked if he doesn't start well.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:53 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
I agree with both of these.

The EtH outers only see black and white and will be the first to scream for the new guy to be sacked if he doesn't start well.
I love you Duckers, but that's utter %@#$&!s. I've only wanted EtH out these past two months or so. Cogito ergo sum - I've given him almost 2 seasons when we've been shite since the last two months of last season.

Even after the 7-0 at Anfield I still was "In". Its only since its become abundantly clear that he just cannot manage certain situations that I want him replaced. Its hardly knee jerk.

Unread 14-05-2024, 11:58 AM
jem

Quote:
We didn't have to beat off the top clubs for Amrabat or probably Casimero or indeed Eriksen. None are good enough now for a United midfield but then neither is The Scottish Player and nor was Fred. We need 3 new ones.
you are arguing a completely irrelevant point (badly).

10h has had cass, mainoo and amrabat available. he has chosen to play stupid selections, formations and tactics. it wasn't lack of options.

amrabat is chronically underrated by idiots. as mentioned previously, though, he wouldn't have been my top choice. however, he is the type of player we needed and is good enough. apart from anything else, what was the £#%&!ing point of getting him and then not even using him?

then there is letting reguilon go. no £#%&!ing excuse for that either.

10h has created problems for himself.

Unread 14-05-2024, 12:31 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
you are arguing a completely irrelevant point (badly).

10h has had cass, mainoo and amrabat available. he has chosen to play stupid selections, formations and tactics. it wasn't lack of options.

amrabat is chronically underrated by idiots. as mentioned previously, though, he wouldn't have been my top choice. however, he is the type of player we needed and is good enough. apart from anything else, what was the £#%&!ing point of getting him and then not even using him?

then there is letting reguilon go. no £#%&!ing excuse for that either.

10h has created problems for himself.
If he plays all 3 then if Bruno plays one of the wide players is dropped and there is no width from the full backs- well Dalot is just about ok.

Reguillon is a mystery but presumably he thought Malacia was coming back. Someone £#%&!ed up.