United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: In our out?
In 36 40.00%
Out 54 60.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 14-05-2024, 07:01 AM
magic_cantona

Bit of a landslide the polling, isn't it? The turntables have totally turned. Only wums and sadists want him in - and silvs "in" vote was a shit joke.

"There's nobody else that could come in and do better" is also a terrible argument to keep a terrible manager.

Unread 14-05-2024, 08:06 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Bit of a landslide the polling, isn't it? The turntables have totally turned. Only wums and sadists want him in - and silvs "in" vote was a shit joke.

"There's nobody else that could come in and do better" is also a terrible argument to keep a terrible manager.
63% is high considering there's people that's posts reek of Out but then they still vote In.

Unread 14-05-2024, 08:07 AM
Bunker Buster

60/40 isn't a landslide btw.....

Welsh maths ?

Unread 14-05-2024, 08:22 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
63% is high considering there's people that's posts reek of Out but then they still vote In.
There's a few abstainers that have really been slating EtH and our form lately, nothing positive to say (because there literally isn't anything) but they don't have the balls to vote out for fear of Bunks and Ned bullying them. VSTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

Welsh maths ?
Every other recent vote has had a few votes in it. This one has got a huge gap and see above about the abstainers. We've gone from "People are clearly undecided" to "Yep, nobody really wants him in anymore and if they do, it's totally half arsed."

As I've said, take away the "There's nobody else that could do the job!" argument and there's literally no argument for keeping him in place.

Try using Welsh (or any sane) logic and see the £#%&!ing light, pal.

Unread 14-05-2024, 08:41 AM
redhegemony

His role is going to change in the new structure. The job of righting the ship is a long term one and ditching the bloke who is 2 years in potentially puts us back.

Unread 14-05-2024, 08:50 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
His role is going to change in the new structure. The job of righting the ship is a long term one and ditching the bloke who is 2 years in potentially puts us back.
Do you think he'll still be playing Rashford at the start of next season? Or will the new structure make him realise that he's been wrong all season?

Do you reckon the new structure will make him realise that teams having 70 shots a game against us is a bad thing?

I just can't get away from shit he's ignored all season long.

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:03 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
What do you mean by 'repetitive'?

I think it's a valid comparison.
It's a £#%&!ing stupid comparison.

They'd never have appointed Arteta if they hadn't sacked Rigsby.

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:04 AM
believe

Quote:
The guy's a bluffer.
He's way out of his depth here and talks absolute %@#$&!s as a deflection tactic. The harsh reality of his time here is that from roughly 18 months worth of games the team has played well for two of those - from end of world cup to last February.
The rest has been typical mid table mediocrity. The reason we're not below 10th in the table is down to the quality of players and their ability to pull out moments of brilliance from nowhere. The team is nowhere near as bad as the performances have been, injuries or otherwise. You could defend ten Hag to some degree if United were in 4th but there's no excuse being so far behind the likes of Spurs and Villa.
Quote:
3 cup finals in 2 year ...51% of the forum disagrees,

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:05 AM
jem

Quote:

Welsh maths ?
they know a landslide when they see one.

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:11 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Do you think he'll still be playing Rashford at the start of next season? Or will the new structure make him realise that he's been wrong all season?

Do you reckon the new structure will make him realise that teams having 70 shots a game against us is a bad thing?

I just can't get away from shit he's ignored all season long.
I'd hope that the new structure would

1. Have a clear transfer strategy that means we don't end up with Evans, Amrabat, Antony (at that price) let alone the previous £#%&! ups.

2. Sort out the injury crisis find the causes and change the practices.

3. Restore the balance between management and players. Remove obstacles to optimal player
Performance - there is clearly something up with Rashford from last year.

4. Move on those players who don't fit into the recruitment strategy.

I'm most happy with the way ETH has nurtured and brought on the young players.

We need long term planning and nor short term ism. It strikes me that ETH fits the bill for that.

Been a poor season but I'm not sure any manager could have done much better with the utter circus that has polluted our great club.

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:11 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:13 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:20 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Oof!

There’s too many issues entirely within ten hags control that are terrible. The set up, the openess, the insistence on inverted wingers that don’t produce anything, the inability to coach our players to service Rasmus, his insistence on playing Rashford, the stupidity of having our full back attacking but again not producing anything, high press not high press or play on the break. It’s just a confused mess.

Proving to be one of the worst coaches I can ever remember. Absolute dog shit.

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:24 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Ah yes, children dying - so funny pal. Big fan of Sandy Hook too?

Quote:
I'd hope that the new structure would

1. Have a clear transfer strategy that means we don't end up with Evans, Amrabat, Antony (at that price) let alone the previous £#%&! ups.

2. Sort out the injury crisis find the causes and change the practices.

3. Restore the balance between management and players. Remove obstacles to optimal player
Performance - there is clearly something up with Rashford from last year.

4. Move on those players who don't fit into the recruitment strategy.

I'm most happy with the way ETH has nurtured and brought on the young players.

We need long term planning and nor short term ism. It strikes me that ETH fits the bill for that.

Been a poor season but I'm not sure any manager could have done much better with the utter circus that has polluted our great club.
Why has he kept picking Rashford though? If Rashford had a problem, and it's making him look and play like he's not interested and hopeless - whys he picking him every game? He's ditched Sancho for a shit attitude, Ronaldo for a shit attitude but keeps playing his darling who's been jaw droppingly bad. There's no explanation really, is there?

The injuries - we're still not sure that it's the managers training methods. This has never happened before, why is it happening now? Its truly baffling.

I absolutely agree that most managers would struggle under the Glazers but I can't agree that they're the reason that we've never taken absolute control of a single game this season and looked competent for 90 minutes.

Moving the players that don't fit - he's bought at least 3 of them.

He's massively culpable.

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:41 AM
redhegemony

I know it shouldn't but it still surprises me that people think that the training is so haphazard that players get injured. It's based on science and data and no coach is going to want players injured

The buying of Casimero and Varrane was absolutely typical of the short termism that has blighted the club.

Rashford is a senior player as is Martial and both have let him down. As has Sancho. So adding in C and V and Shaws injury 6 senior players who ought to be first choice have been largely absent.

That's without Martinez and Malachia.

If those 6 had performed as they should have we would have been top 4.

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:43 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I know it shouldn't but it still surprises me that people think that the training is so haphazard that players get injured. It's based on science and data and no coach is going to want players injured

The buying of Casimero and Varrane was absolutely typical of the short termism that has blighted the club.

Rashford is a senior player as is Martial and both have let him down. As has Sancho. So adding in C and V and Shaws injury 6 senior players who ought to be first choice have been largely absent.

That's without Martinez and Malachia.

If those 6 had performed as they should have we would have been top 4.
Spot on, he's working with his hands firmly tied behind his back and we're still in a cup final....

His first season being swept under the carpet is absolutely ridiculous from the outers'....

History won't sit kind for them...

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:54 AM
redhegemony

The loss of the senior players has meant:

1. No competition or rest at full back with players who can't do what we need.
2. Over reliance on Hojlund, Mainoo and Garnacho.
3. Complete chaos at centre back. I'd hope they are exploring why it's the centre halves that are most injured.
4. Lack of consistency- young players are up and down.

The only bonus is that the young players have got more minutes and thankfully so far not got injured.

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:08 AM
armchair

I think because Ineos staff aren't fully in place and won't be until the summer that we may as well keep him for the time being.

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:36 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Spot on, he's working with his hands firmly tied behind his back and we're still in a cup final....

His first season being swept under the carpet is absolutely ridiculous from the outers'....

History won't sit kind for them...
No it isn't I loved last season and it's taken me until maybe 2 months ago that I wanted him out. You can't just choose the good as a reference point ffs

Answer why he keeps playing Rashford? Why is every single performance terrible?
Why are we peppered with shots every game - should he not have adapted and learnt to stop that?

Unread 14-05-2024, 10:36 AM
Medlock

Thumbs down

Quote: