Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-09-2007, 10:51 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex_talionis
who has written hargreaves off?

dont think things so £#%&!ing seriously. you are acting like a child
ive stated a fact regarding hargreaves league appearances and you have responded like a child.

"well he played more games than anderson"

"well you write off evra and you were wrong"

i havent written him off have i?

Calm down, have a rich tea or something.

I was highlighting the fact that whether you think so or not, you are choosing to rip into one of our best performers this season with bullshit stats and 'what ifs'.

Bayern are a big club, usually with a bigger first team squad than ours - a lot of players will have a similar number of appearances over the three years considering they play less games than us.

I would suggest it's you who grows up, your defeatist attitude is one of a petulant teenager and is more at home down the east lancs road tbph.

Unread 11-09-2007, 10:56 AM
puressence

rooney ..clean bill of health

Unread 11-09-2007, 11:00 AM
lex_talionis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Calm down, have a rich tea or something.

I was highlighting the fact that whether you think so or not, you are choosing to rip into one of our best performers this season with bullshit stats and 'what ifs'.

Bayern are a big club, usually with a bigger first team squad than ours - a lot of players will have a similar number of appearances over the three years considering they play less games than us.

I would suggest it's you who grows up, your defeatist attitude is one of a petulant teenager and is more at home down the east lancs road tbph.
im stating facts.

im not ripping into him at all.

you would love for it to be that way but i can see he has been our best player as highlighted in one of my earlier posts.

he is injury prone and guess what he is injured as we speak...

and isnt it another injury to the one that kept him out of our games at united.
he has a thigh injury now.

Unread 11-09-2007, 11:04 AM
lex_talionis

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
rooney ..clean bill of health

rooney is prone to a few "big" injuries. but most sicknotes are the ones who suffer from niggly little ones every month etc
rooney has played about 28 league games an average of 30 league appearances a season.(35 + 36 in his last two...)

Unread 11-09-2007, 11:05 AM
puressence

Quote:
rooney is prone to a few "big" injuries. but most sicknotes are the ones who suffer from niggly little ones every month etc
rooney has played about 28 league games an average of 30 league appearances a season.(35 + 36 in his last two...)
rooney injury prone ..fact

Unread 11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
im stating facts.

im not ripping into him at all.

you would love for it to be that way.

No, you're stating appearances, there are other factors to be considered and you aren't considering them. I had the same concerns regarding his appearances in earlier threads about Hargreaves but I've looked into it and it isn't how you paint it.

Anyway, I'm outee, you've clearly have delusions of granduer if you think I give 2 £#%&!s what you think beyond this topic.

Unread 11-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Whalefish

The thigh injury is likely to be the result of his lengthy lay off. Sadly when you're out of the game for as long as he was muscle strains/tears are very commonplace. Hamstrings are usually the ones to go. Just ask Owen and Giggs.

It's all very well quoting stats for the number of league and cup appearances but can someone tell me of those other games he didn't play - during his time at Munich - what number were down to injury and what number were down to selection. He wasn't really first choice until he came back from 'that' World Cup if I remember correctly.

If that information can't be supplied then I don't much stock in the credibility in using appearance stats as a means to beat him with him. I've said before, very good player albeit overpiced but the way he plays the game in midfield (non stop running, putting in tackles etc) he's going to get injuries. Niggling £#%&!ers too. Very frustrating but that's the way it'll be IMO.

Unread 11-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Gordon Hill

Default That's exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Fergus would have pulled the plug. I reckon he'll start on Sat.

Even if he doesn't we've still got Carrick and Scholes.
how i see it, Mr Ed.

Unread 17-09-2007, 05:19 PM
lex_talionis

Quote:
nope dont say that.
dont be so logical.

17m for a player who has made less appearances that saha in the last 3 seasons.
Quote:
hes played more than balsa boy this season

hmmmmmmmm

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/229215066?-11193

Unread 03-10-2007, 10:20 AM
the ghost of violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He broke his leg in one of those seasons. Anyway, what's your point? He played 35 Games, plus internationals in 04/05. He played 16 games plus internationals in 05/06. He broke his leg last year. He now plays for United and has played the last 3 games. Why hark back to some injuries he's had? Surely we should just be glad he's ben fit for the past 3 games and hope it continues rather than harping on about the past and how it can be construed to imply a completely gloomy future. Again,what is your point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
What I don't understand is if people are worried about his tendonitis, then why aren't they expressing relief that he's been sent back rather than focus on the negative aspect ?

What's the point of him sticking around if he's won't be 100% for the Russia game - much rather he came back for treatment as I really do hope he's available for the Everton game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He did break his leg. Still, let's read into it that he's gonna be constantly injured eh? Nowt like worst case scenarioism to cheer up a Tuesday.
Quote:
hes played more than balsa boy this season

injury update

hargreaves out until november
gary neville = "two weeks away"
Closed Thread