United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2007, 01:30 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroyloverod
One day the shit you keep spouting each week will come true.
He is spot on with what he said.

He was £#%&!ing awful.

Unread 30-09-2007, 02:04 PM
sharath

Giggs was woeful.

When substitution happened, nobody including giggs was surprised that it was his number on the board.

But have to say one thing. This is probably the worst passing performance by carrick I have ever seen including his west ham and spurs days. simple cross field passes that he puts with such aplomb were put into stands.

And ronaldo saves us again. no difference there.

Unread 30-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
wheresaboutsa coracao? do you look like your profile pic?? a/s/l?

and £#%&! off talking about my bird

Unread 30-09-2007, 03:07 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Enjoyed much of Giggs' game again today. His touch is sublime. It is true that his passing is not coming off at the moment, and it may well be because he is often more hurried than he used to be. But most of the problem is the movement around him imo. Today Evra and carrick in particular gave the ball away plenty often. As did Ronaldo for that matter.

Thought Wes Brown had another excellent game btw

And it was nice to see another one of our brilliant title-winning squad come off the bench and prove his value to United - despite his (frankly £#%&!ing clueless) critics amongst some United fans. Well done Nutsack.

Same team for Tuesday? Don't think it will be tbh but will be happy if it is. Pity Anderson didn't get on today mind. Looked ideal for him.
I'm sorry but yesterday Giggs gave the ball away pretty much every time whenever we finally got a good build up Giggs would lazily give it away.

You can take players giving it away sometimes, i.e Carrick a few times when he was trying to get our play more urgent with different balls, but when Giggs won't/can't do the most easy basic passes in a move it's annoying.

Unread 30-09-2007, 03:12 PM
poppy

Quote:
Enjoyed much of Giggs' game again today. His touch is sublime
Quote:
most of the problem is the movement around him imo

Unread 30-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

the running theme of the Giggs debate is following almost to the letter the running theme of the Brown debate of a few weeks back, namely that he's gash, it's obvious he's gash, and oh what a plum Ferguson is to keep putting him on the team sheet when the whole forum can see how gash he is.

well, you were all wrong about Brown. and you're all wrong about Giggs. the man is a legend, it's true. but that's not the reason he's in the team, either.

the reason Giggs continues to get picked despite being slightly short on inspiration - and so confidence - of late, is that he is an integral part of the team, he knows the way we are trying to play inside out, he is a talismanic figure for the players around him as is patently obvious, and his touch, movement and vision are second to none in the United squad.

Unread 30-09-2007, 03:32 PM
koppas

Wes Brown never was "gash".

Giggs has been as of late - bar his pass against Chelsea - and shouldn't be in the team. Simple.

Unread 30-09-2007, 03:33 PM
koppas

Quote:
the running theme of the Giggs debate is following almost to the letter the running theme of the Brown debate of a few weeks back, namely that he's gash, it's obvious he's gash, and oh what a plum Ferguson is to keep putting him on the team sheet when the whole forum can see how gash he is.

well, you were all wrong about Brown. and you're all wrong about Giggs. the man is a legend, it's true. but that's not the reason he's in the team, either.

the reason Giggs continues to get picked despite being slightly short on inspiration - and so confidence - of late, is that he is an integral part of the team, he knows the way we are trying to play inside out, he is a talismanic figure for the players around him as is patently obvious, and his touch, movement and vision are second to none in the United squad.
Absolute wum.

Unread 30-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Alan

Quote:

I'd argue that the reason he's being played is because there are no better alternatives, as Nani looks raw to say the least.

I'm glad he knows the way United are trying to play - do you reckon he could explain it to the rest of the players as they seem to be a little unsure.

Unread 30-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroyloverod
But that is the system that brought us the 7-1 against Roma. Was anyone on this thread at that game?
I was at that game.

I agree that many have used that match as an excuse to highlight the futility of 4-5-1 in favour of the emphatic triumph we achieved using 4-2-3-1 whatever the £#%&! that is.

but anyway, one of the main features of that game was the sheer speed at which the ball was shifted to take full advantage of our stunning movement and passing, no?

one of the more interesting things to come from that game (and the 1st leg to a lesser extent) was how well the team functioned without Scholes in the centre of the pitch pulling the strings. in fact, pretty much where Giggs played if memory serves.

which it does.

Unread 30-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas

Giggs has been as of late - bar his pass against Chelsea - and shouldn't be in the team. Simple.
6 wins out of 6 would seem to indicate that he certainly should be in the team.

I have nothing more to add.

Unread 30-09-2007, 03:48 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
6 wins out of 6 would seem to indicate that he certainly should be in the team.

I have nothing more to add.
Yep and we've been doing superbly well with haven't we? I take the feeling you'd rather play shit and win 1-0 as long as Giggs plays then win 3-0 without?

It's like the Ruud debate, he would score 30 for us every season even now but we wouldn't be as good nor would we have won the title last season.

Unread 30-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yep and we've been doing superbly well with haven't we? I take the feeling you'd rather play shit and win 1-0 as long as Giggs plays then win 3-0 without?

It's like the Ruud debate, he would score 30 for us every season even now but we wouldn't be as good nor would we have won the title last season.
I'll add this then, seeing as you've asked

No, I don't fancy watching United win the title 1-0. But just because we have taken longer to get back into the swing of the new challenge for various reasons including getting to know you doesn't mean we won't get there.

Last season we started very well for the opening two games. And then we played pretty much like we are at the moment for a few as well - Watford Spurs Arsenal reading Benfica; none of these matches were exactly inspirational now were they?

But what they were was vital to where we wanted to get to. And then the team were superb at Bolton, Rooney scored a hat-trick, and we were off and running again.

This season we've looked class much of the time, but largely failed to deliver our promise. While we are waiting we have amassed 17pts.

Unread 30-09-2007, 07:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I disagree, I thought he was gash for the first few games. However, what was harsh was people saying that Wes is shit, rather than he was playing shit because he was out of position. He's always been a good defender.

But again, he deserves great credit. He struggled at first but he kept working at it and has been one of our best players in recent games.

Giggs is hard to call. He's always suffered dips in form, but I can't remember one anything like this long. Fergie clearly thinks sticking with him is the thing to do, so hopefully he'll snap out of it in the near future.

Unread 30-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwillywizeIII
what a shit comment giggs is not the player we all loved many years ago , yeah he may serve up a game or 2 of quality but its not good enough when we consistency.
its plain to see to any fan you dont need to goto a game to reconize that he has been poor for a while, but he's a legend so we have to wait and let Fergie do the right thing .
Admittedly you don't have to have been to a game. But it would help no end in giving credence to any observations you might attempt to make, particularly about the movement of individual players during a match, and of the team as a whole.
Closed Thread