United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’d rather be 3 points behind City than 6.
I’d rather be 4, but Liverpool were out of the title race.

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And surely if they can flick a switch and beat City, then they’re not done?

I want them finished. Dead. Gone. No chance whatsoever of a title. This is their big chance to work their way back in and it’s city’s big chance to stamp their authority on it. I don’t want either. I don’t want the rats getting a boost when 2 points dropped will do.
I wouldn’t be unhappy with either of them winning and i see it as a win-win for us.

But to see Liverpool drop another game and fall even further behind would be pretty £#%&!ing sweet.

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I wouldn’t be unhappy with either of them winning and i see it as a win-win for us.

But to see Liverpool drop another game and fall even further behind would be pretty £#%&!ing sweet.
I just £#%&!ing despise them too. That’s playing its part.

This is all academic if we don’t win. We need to do our job and then it’s a win-win. No good if we’re needing something rather than wanting something from it.

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:28 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I just £#%&!ing despise them too. That’s playing its part.

This is all academic if we don’t win. We need to do our job and then it’s a win-win. No good if we’re needing something rather than wanting something from it.
Yep

In reality them winning is obviously better for us, but as you say we need to keep winning.

But to see them fall off a cliff feels so £#%&!ing good after the last couple of years.

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:28 PM
Vida_15

agreed...Everton is going to be a very difficult game as they are playing quite well right now

them dropping points means nothing if we don't take all 3

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:32 PM
triple sod

Beat Everton and then hope Liverpool get the big time charlie W

Liverpool look £#%&!ed and could drop points to anyone, City are the worry

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
agreed...Everton is going to be a very difficult game as they are playing quite well right now

them dropping points means nothing if we don't take all 3
Yep.

Tough one. Everton have been better away too and I’m still not convinced by our home form (yes, yes, we just won 9-0... but against 11 men, who knows how that would have played out). Hopefully they’ll come and have a go and we aren’t huffing and puffing once again against a team sitting back.

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:47 PM
Hyman_Roth

Not remotely concerned about Liverpool. I think they’re done.

Pretty sure city will win relatively easily so not holding out too much hope but a brief Liverpool revival on the back of them bearing the berts isn’t a concern.

A draw is very good. A city loss better.

I probs should reveal that I really hate city.

Unread 04-02-2021, 07:09 PM
Tronics

this man is £#%&!ing insane!

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-too-difficult

Unread 04-02-2021, 08:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
I've actually thought Brighton have been whenever I've seen them. No idea how they're in a relegation battle
As with a few others in the lower reaches, a lack of reliable firepower up front has been their problem.
Closed Thread