United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2019, 09:28 AM
ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Was watching the playoffs in bar last night and got talking to a lad from Wigan. He asked me who my all time favourite player was and he was surprised when I said Beckham. I could have just shown him that’s clip to make him understand why
I honestly fell a little bit in love with him yesterday. He bloody loved it so up for it.

Unread 27-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona
I honestly fell a little bit in love with him yesterday. He bloody loved it so up for it.
I have a better appreciation for him now.

At the time, I always thought he was very good, but not quite 'world class' whatever that means. I think his stupid wife and all the media Bullshit could cloud just how hard working he was and how the consistency of his output became so normal it was mundane: he'd produce more crosses per game than this current side would all month.

He absolutely £#%&!ing loved us too.

Yesterday was a little reminder of that and the qualities he had.

Unread 27-05-2019, 10:32 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I have a better appreciation for him now.

At the time, I always thought he was very good, but not quite 'world class' whatever that means. I think his stupid wife and all the media Bullshit could cloud just how hard working he was and how the consistency of his output became so normal it was mundane: he'd produce more crosses per game than this current side would all month.

He absolutely £#%&!ing loved us too.

Yesterday was a little reminder of that and the qualities he had.
My dad is old enough to have watched the WC win with my granddad, lived through and got to appreciate some of the all time greats and he has Beckham right up there as one of the best; his delivery into the box was second to none, and then there's the free kicks of course, but it was that work rate and desire that elevated him (and others in that team too). A great player and a leader too. Love that he played for some of the biggest teams in the world and its us he always speaks so highly about

Unread 27-05-2019, 10:38 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Never mind that, state of those two @#%&!s stood with him.

Is Rashford now Lingard’s pet project?
Just thinking the same

I’d sell Lingard just to get him as far away as possible from Rashford and the young kids.

Unread 27-05-2019, 10:43 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Just thinking the same

I’d sell Lingard just to get him as far away as possible from Rashford and the young kids.
Half expect him to burst into a verse of Billie Jean at any given moment

Unread 27-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Cole got photos with pretty much everyone bar Teddy Still got beef, 20 years on ffs

Unread 27-05-2019, 11:40 AM
AK14

I’d even take Irwin over Young

We really were lucky to see this team at their peak weren’t we. So many genuine class players with the hunger to be the best and the greatest manager in charge

Unread 27-05-2019, 11:44 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Never mind that, state of those two @#%&!s stood with him.

Is Rashford now Lingard’s pet project?
I think we might have to send Lingard off to Siberia for Rashford's own good
Closed Thread