United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2018, 10:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
All true. He was the one who spent the Suarez money on shite though.
Not sure that's true. That was when their transfer committee couldn't agree on anything.

If I recall correctly he was assured that Balotelli wasn't a target and then when they ran out of ideas they signed him anyway

Signed Coutinho and Firmino didn't he? And Joe Allen tbf

Unread 28-02-2018, 12:06 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Klopp or Rodgers?
There is certainly a certain amount of, ahem, continuity there.

Unread 28-02-2018, 09:42 AM
Seamus

he will stay at celtic, its easy for him and he is all about building a legacy. His own comparisons to Bill Shankly was hilarious.

Unread 28-02-2018, 05:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
he will stay at celtic, its easy for him and he is all about building a legacy. His own comparisons to Bill Shankly was hilarious.
But how much "legacy" can he really build in Scotland now, given that its such a tinpot football nation these days? I expect Arsenal would tempt him if there was even an offer tbh.

Unread 10-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Chris Quayd

When asked is it would be over at Celtic if he stopped pushing for progress, he said: “Yeah. My job is done then. Terminado. Gone."

"It’s no good if I just sit back and get comfortable. Being comfortable is the enemy of progress."

“I never allow it in my own life or professional life. You see it in sports and in industry. The minute you think you’re doing OK it can quickly disappear, and that’s the greatest institutions."

Unread 10-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
When asked is it would be over at Celtic if he stopped pushing for progress, he said: “Yeah. My job is done then. Terminado. Gone."

"It’s no good if I just sit back and get comfortable. Being comfortable is the enemy of progress."

“I never allow it in my own life or professional life. You see it in sports and in industry. The minute you think you’re doing OK it can quickly disappear, and that’s the greatest institutions."

Unread 10-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Ethers

Is that what he said to his wife I wonder.

Unread 10-08-2018, 01:10 PM
chooch

Quote:

Terminado maybe the greatest Brentism ever.

Unread 10-08-2018, 01:12 PM
The Stella Fella

No way he said all of that with them teeth

Unread 10-08-2018, 01:15 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Marriage, terminado. Gone

Unread 10-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
No way he said all of that with them teeth

Christ... Joan Rivers got nothing on this. Pure evil.

The Brendan gonna destroy Stevie for that slip. Poor £#%&!er thinks he’s suffered.. not even started lah

Unread 10-08-2018, 01:35 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

Terminado sounds like the natural successor to Uvavu & Eranu

Unread 10-08-2018, 02:59 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

Terminado sounds like the natural successor to Uvavu & Eranu

Surely you mean "erano."

Unread 10-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Cream

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Marriage, terminado. Gone

Unread 10-08-2018, 03:10 PM
silv

'and thats Crufts...'

Unread 10-08-2018, 04:21 PM
ZiggyStardust

Needs Pop to do a mock up of the "The Terminator" movie poster with Brenton as "The Terminado"

Unread 10-08-2018, 06:36 PM
sa7

Quote:

“I never allow it in my own life or professional life.
You see it in sports and in industry. The minute you think you’re doing OK it can quickly disappear, and that’s the greatest institutions."

Yes, why would anybody ever want to be comfortable in their personal life?

Unread 11-08-2018, 01:35 AM
goldfinger II

Upon reflection, perhaps it is "eranu," indeed.

Unread 11-08-2018, 02:40 PM
Switching Off

Lost 1-0 to Hibs. Celtic were pushing for an equaliser late on but then the ref terminado'd the game.

Unread 11-08-2018, 02:45 PM
andyroo

Closed Thread