United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 07-03-2018, 07:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
easier for you to say.

give us the counties back and then we're quits.
We will, when you give us back Kilburn and Cricklewood.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:23 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Crazy time but now way whatsoever does anyone in a war zone carry ID with SAS written all over it

I honestly think it was a huge mistake, I’ve heard the story many times from loads of people...the official line we were told (I know) is the one of a Cpl taking a new lad for a look around....

If it was a covert op they wouldn’t have had ID saying SAS...

It happens a lot more than you think, unofficial drive arounds, people nipping to Kosovo newsagents for alcohol...

We lost two lads in a land rover in the desert in Oman...

Actually lost for 3 days, suspected dead, they hadn’t enough water, had gone off for a drive to find some ‘dunes’

They ended up dumping the vehicle and had to bury their weapons.picked up by Bedouin tribes and returned 4 days after they had left.

It’s not unusual....but it looks a major f*** up.

The UK government probably keep it quite shielded because of the nature of it. Imagine being the younger lads family...

one thing i couldn't get my head around was the helicopter overhead watching it.

i heard from various comments and posts on the internet (i know) saying that men higher up the command were hearing and seeing this and did nothing.

couldn't they have scrambled a snatch squad - they had robust units of hard f***ers who would have loved to have a rumble and get the lads out, surely?

awful, seems even worse that people could see it happen and left the lads to their fate.

unless i am wrong.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:36 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
one thing i couldn't get my head around was the helicopter overhead watching it.

i heard from various comments and posts on the internet (i know) saying that men higher up the command were hearing and seeing this and did nothing.

couldn't they have scrambled a snatch squad - they had robust units of hard f***ers who would have loved to have a rumble and get the lads out, surely?

awful, seems even worse that people could see it happen and left the lads to their fate.

unless i am wrong.
I'm not sure the cameras on the helicopter were relaying the images in real-time.
And if they sent a snatch team in there, with tensions running so high, it would have been a bloodbath.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:04 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
The rumour was that SAS was short for Salisbury on one the blokes' driving licences. It does sound ridiculous tbh. but that story was flying round the city at the time.

No matter, it doesn't excuse what happened to the poor bastards. It was horrific.

As I said previously, these events also lead to a load of tit for tat sectarian killings for years afterwards.
Had they not been prosecuting a war against a civilian population nothing would have happened to them.

And I'm not having your 'tit for tat' sectarian killing monologue here Norm, there was only one side conducting a sectarian murder campaign and their death squads were armed, orchestrated and abeted by the security forces, which is a matter of public record, not opinion.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:27 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Had they not been prosecuting a war against a civilian population nothing would have happened to them.

And I'm not having your 'tit for tat' sectarian killing monologue here Norm, there was only one side conducting a sectarian murder campaign and their death squads were armed, orchestrated and abeted by the security forces, which is a matter of public record, not opinion.
Mate your shtick is so cringeworthy to irish people.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:06 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

Jesus

Will need to hair straighten my toes back into shape...

Old 09-03-2018, 08:25 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Jesus

Will need to hair straighten my toes back into shape...
trying too hard to be more irish than the irish themselves imo.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:36 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
PM’d me about my driveway last week.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:36 AM
irk

Quote:
Padraig O’Dolezal

Old 09-03-2018, 08:37 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
PM’d me about my driveway last week.
That's actually racist. Finger is hovering over the report button.