United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Old 08-03-2018, 03:51 PM
believe

My step dad, who is my best mate, hated his dad because of the abuse he gave him and especially his mum. Iíve heard stories about how heíd come home from work and randomly beat him and his three sisters just for watching the telly when he was at work.

One weekend about 17 years ago my mum and step dad had decided to go away for the weekend and because of his busy schedule said they werenít taking phones and just having a completely free weekend.

Cue, I gets a call on the Saturday night to tell me his dad had passed away and nobody could contact him. I then had to wait two days until he arrived home and break the news to him. Watching a bloke who you thought was the hardest person in the world crumble in front of you is one of the hardest things Iíve ever had to deal with and it put so much in to perspective.

My real dad is a great bloke and Iím grateful that heís Iím my life, but heís such a selfish fucker itís infuriating. However I refuse to lose touch with him because of what I seen with my step dad.

Nobody really knows why parents do or did what they did in years gone past but theyíre still your parents regardless.

Old 14-03-2018, 03:21 PM
red in cumbria

Sorry for hijacking s thread, but just letting you all know that my own dad has just passed away.

Brought me up to support United, hardly surprising when he named me after the greatest ever football manager (pre-Fergie, anyway)

RIP.

Old 14-03-2018, 03:23 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Sorry for hijacking s thread, but just letting you all know that my own dad has just passed away.

Brought me up to support United, hardly surprising when he named me after the greatest ever football manager (pre-Fergie, anyway)

RIP.
RIP Riccer senior.

Old 14-03-2018, 03:28 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

RIP.
Jim Bowen?

sorry pal. sorry to hear about Papa Riccers

Old 14-03-2018, 03:31 PM
red in cumbria

His last ever pronouncement on football last night - "why has he started with Fellaini FFS??"

Old 14-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
His last ever pronouncement on football last night - "why has he started with Fellaini FFS??"

Wise man...

Sorry for your loss.

Old 14-03-2018, 03:33 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Enough to finish any of us off tbf

Very sorry to hear that Riccers, it's rotten I know.

Old 14-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Sorry to hear that RIC.

Old 14-03-2018, 03:35 PM
Cream

Quote:
Jose

Very sorry for your loss, RIC.

Old 14-03-2018, 03:39 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:

RIP.
Sorry to hear that Ron.

Bit late now but condolences to you too armers.