United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 08-03-2018, 09:28 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Women's football is shit and if it wasn't for them piggybacking off the mans game plus the fucking PC obsessed BBC ramming it down our throats every 5 minuites no one would know that it even existed.

Remember a few years ago when they tried to pressure Utd into having one even though every other team in the PL(bar Southampton)had a split arse team.
They should have one - commercially itís mental not to which for united, is the most surprising fact about it. Participation in sport isnít limited by how good you are at it - plenty of girls want to play football, 50%+ of the
population are women, itís growing massively etc etc - so what if theyíre shit at it?

United have just put themselves in a corner because the club is basically utterly shit at anything community focussed and I think they wonít have one because it will be seen by them as backing down under pressure. Tbf they recently tied up a sponsorship deal with a Nigerian soft drinks company so allís good.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:36 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
They should have one - commercially itís mental not to which for united, is the most surprising fact about it. Participation in sport isnít limited by how good you are at it - plenty of girls want to play football, 50%+ of the
population are women, itís growing massively etc etc - so what if theyíre shit at it?

United have just put themselves in a corner because the club is basically utterly shit at anything community focussed and I think they wonít have one because it will be seen by them as backing down under pressure. Tbf they recently tied up a sponsorship deal with a Nigerian soft drinks company so allís good.
If the club thought it made commercial sense they'd do it. City have obviously spunked millions on their women (just like their youth teams ), but with crowds of a couple of thousand they must be making a loss I'd imagine.

PS: I suppose you could argue that the club's being short-termist, but that's what you get when you're run by greedy American shysters...

Last edited by doudou; 08-03-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:46 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
If the club thought it made commercial sense they'd do it. City have obviously spunked millions on their women (just like their youth teams ), but with crowds of a couple of thousand they must be making a loss I'd imagine
It may well be loss making but so what? United is a world famous supposedly world leading sporting institution who are also enormously rich. They have millions of female fans - I know quite a few local girls (friends of my daughter he quickly adds) who play for their junior teams but then have to leave. No one can fathom their stance on it.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:00 AM
doudou

Quote:
It may well be loss making but so what? United is a world famous supposedly world leading sporting institution who are also enormously rich. They have millions of female fans - I know quite a few local girls (friends of my daughter he quickly adds) who play for their junior teams but then have to leave. No one can fathom their stance on it.
I donít disagree. Itís just that all the glazers care about is their short-term gain

Old 08-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Then let them go kick a ball round the park with their mates like the men who are shit at football do.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:57 AM
waynes ear's

Seems i've been blocked by Mrs Oatley

Old 08-03-2018, 12:01 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Then let them go kick a ball round the park with their mates like the men who are shit at football do.
Not today pal

Old 08-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Theyll never improve if everyone saw it from your viewpoint.
arsed

no

Old 20-06-2018, 12:55 PM
Sapien

Old 20-06-2018, 01:10 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
No one is listening to her, let's be honest.