United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 07-03-2018, 11:28 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Perhaps the one United game that still irks above all others. Win that and we'd have won the treble ffs.
Same.

Would have been West Brom in the semi and Cardiff in the final ffs. Robbed.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Debut game
Shared a pitch with Delroy Facey. career highlight.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Debut game
Remember following in on Soccer Saturday. George Best, Rodney Marsh and Jeff Stelling were having very audible multiple o*****s throughout.

Couldn't wait to see MOTD that night.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:09 PM
RemisMoses

Cant believe that stat last night, he didn't score in his first 29 games in the champions league The man is a freak of nature.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Zorg

Wish I'd saved some of the posts on 'the other channel' from about 2004-05.

Utter morons who deserve to watch eleven Phil Nevilles. 'But sometimes he loses the ball!'.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:29 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Utter morons who deserve to watch eleven Phil Nevilles. 'But sometimes he loses the ball!'.
I remember a year or so after he left someone was using stats to argue that Nani was just as good if not better.

I also remember after his inital flirtation with Madrid (summer 08) loads were saying "I'll celebrate his goals but I'll never sing his name again" and "Terry song>Ronaldo song"

Old 07-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Remember a majority on there supported Alan Smith over Ronaldo when there was an alleged bust-up after the Fulham 2-2

Old 07-03-2018, 03:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
If you consider great teams generally have a shelf life of about 3 years, then 06-09 is our greatest imo with peak Ronaldo being the catalyst.

Absolute disgrace we didn't win an FA Cup in that time tbh.

2007 - Chelsea 0-1 in the final
2008 - Portsmouth defeat in the QF (Ronaldo wiped out in the box - no pen. Carrick missed an open goal)
2009 - Beat on pens in the Semi after Fergie played a joke starting lineup, still should have had a pen though iirc.
As blatant as the Portsmouth non-award IMO.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:16 PM
elhombre

My mate is a bolton fan.

remember when ronaldo first signed for us and was magnificent against them.

he hated united but couldn't praise ronaldo enough.

amazing player.

Old 07-03-2018, 06:17 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
As blatant as the Portsmouth non-award IMO.
Essien on Giggs in the final Chelsea won. 0-0, not that long to go, Ball across from the right, Giggs lining up to tap it in, Essien launches himself at Giggs from behind, studs into the back of his knee, knocks him off balance, into Cech, who takes the ball over the line. Foul on Giggs Red card and penalty on Essien was the only call to be made.