Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Mbappé’s been a bit shit tonight

Getting the Rashford / Martial stuck out wide treatment
He played out wide for Monaco

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:34 PM
andyroo

I presume Liverpool rested everyone for us and played a side full of Southampton players

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:34 PM
Clarkie

Seen better United performances this season than PSG tonight

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:35 PM
S/Side.Red

I'm not sure why PSG have the expectation that they should beat back-to-back European Cup winners. How many of their players get in the Madrid team? Without Neymar especially they are a side that should get done by Madrid across two legs without too much fuss.

Bit of a whimper but that's how most sides go out of Europe.

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:35 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Seen better United performances this season than PSG tonight
Arsenal in a different kit.

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No he didn’t

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:37 PM
andyroo

I love it when Ramos thinks he's a striker

dunk

ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Played as part of a two with Falcao

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Clarkie

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:41 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'm not sure why PSG have the expectation that they should beat back-to-back European Cup winners. How many of their players get in the Madrid team? Without Neymar especially they are a side that should get done by Madrid across two legs without too much fuss.

Bit of a whimper but that's how most sides go out of Europe.
It is how they lose that really gets people I think, they look spineless, roll over and want their tummy tickled. Can look good in small periods but when the pressure is on their players start to hide and mentally collapse. Real have been poor this year but you always expect them to turn it on when it really matters.

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Played as part of a two with Falcao
I thought it was out wide tbh

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I love it when Ramos thinks he's a striker
He’s scored more goals than a lot of strikers.

88 in his career so far

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:51 PM
sa7

Quote:
I thought it was out wide tbh
Believe so.

Mbappe - Falcao - Lamar

Silva playing off the front 3

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:59 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Believe so.

Mbappe - Falcao - Lamar

Silva playing off the front 3
Nah
Silva was false wide right player like Mata for us with Lemar wide left and Falcao and Mbappé up top

Everyone at the time was saying how refreshing it was to see a side do so well playing an old fashioned 442

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It is how they lose that really gets people I think, they look spineless, roll over and want their tummy tickled. Can look good in small periods but when the pressure is on their players start to hide and mentally collapse. Real have been poor this year but you always expect them to turn it on when it really matters.
Not easy against Madrid and Barca though is it, to match their ability to handle the occasion? Teams with experience at this level you can't come close to without a lot more time and money.

But why do we expect so much? There's the money and then the reality. 35 year old Thiago Motta still starts in midfield. Lassana Diarra coming off the bench. Uncapped 28yo Spanish left-back. Uncapped French goalkeeper. Yes they have a sprinkling of quality but they set themselves expectations that lead to the manager being given ultimatums about beating Real Madrid or losing his job.

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:31 PM
armchair

jose as psg manager wins that tie imo

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:52 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not easy against Madrid and Barca though is it, to match their ability to handle the occasion? Teams with experience at this level you can't come close to without a lot more time and money.

But why do we expect so much? There's the money and then the reality. 35 year old Thiago Motta still starts in midfield. Lassana Diarra coming off the bench. Uncapped 28yo Spanish left-back. Uncapped French goalkeeper. Yes they have a sprinkling of quality but they set themselves expectations that lead to the manager being given ultimatums about beating Real Madrid or losing his job.
Yes, and Madrid are starting Vasquez, Kovacic and Asensio in midfield with an out of form Benzema leading the line. The midfield trio are all good players and the latter 2 may go on to be exceptional but this is not Madrid Prime as competition.

Look at the team Fergie put out in his last ever European game against Madrid, Cleverley, Welbeck, 39yo Giggs, Nani, Rafael, put up a hell of a fight.

I am not even saying that I expect PSG to win but I want to see a sign that they understand how to play in a big game, are adaptable to conditions and the pressure. Symptom of dominating a bad league, growing comfortable with your flaws and only knowing one way to play. I look at their line up and see a lot of guys with questions marks over their mentality. They need to start targeting more serious players, get rid of talented mental midgets like Di Maria, Draxer and Pastore. Problem is the type of players they need do not want to waste their time in France.

Unread 06-03-2018, 11:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Yes, and Madrid are starting Vasquez, Kovacic and Asensio in midfield with an out of form Benzema leading the line. The midfield trio are all good players and the latter 2 may go on to be exceptional but this is not Madrid Prime as competition.

Look at the team Fergie put out in his last ever European game against Madrid, Cleverley, Welbeck, 39yo Giggs, Nani, Rafael, put up a hell of a fight.

I am not even saying that I expect PSG to win but I want to see a sign that they understand how to play in a big game, are adaptable to conditions and the pressure. Symptom of dominating a bad league, growing comfortable with your flaws and only knowing one way to play. I look at their line up and see a lot of guys with questions marks over their mentality. They need to start targeting more serious players, get rid of talented mental midgets like Di Maria, Draxer and Pastore. Problem is the type of players they need do not want to waste their time in France.
Very much so. Was going to mention lack of leadership, which is brought into focus when you play against Barca or Real with all their experience and know-how. Thiago Silva's captaincy has been called into question, both at PSG and with Brazil, for whom he refused to take a penalty at the World Cup which sent many mental. I think Dunga took the armband off him towards the end of his tenure.

Easy to be seduced by the talent they have. Cavani, Di Maria, Neymar and Mbappe on form is hard to match. But you look at the bigger picture and it's just not a side you'd back in a big game. Finding those leaders is hard these days, as we are finding out.
Closed Thread