United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think he’s one of those naturally tubby lads. People are over-reacting a bit imo.

And if he is out of shape and still getting picked ahead of people , it’s an indictment on them more than anything else
He’s not out of shape. Just like “Fat Frank” wasn’t or Wayne “you fat bastard” Rooney wasn’t either.

Despite what the armchair Mr Motivators think, Shaw wouldn’t have even been at the ground last night if he was “taking the piss” and not looking after himself.

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:05 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
Rolling down a hill doesn't count

I know it's all been said before but our fullback situation is dire, two wingers by Fergie almost 10 years ago is loco. Am surprised that Mou has accepted so many of the players he inherited, Van Gaal was at least right to identify that for whatever reason he wouldn't get a tune out of them, just a shame he went on to sign players even worse than he let go.

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He’s not out of shape. Just like “Fat Frank” wasn’t or Wayne “you fat bastard” Rooney wasn’t either.

Despite what the armchair Mr Motivators think, Shaw wouldn’t have even been at the ground last night if he was “taking the piss” and not looking after himself.
He did look like he was wearing a fat suit though tbf. You can understand everyone's shock.

Might be the shirt though, Mata was sporting a bit of a derby in it.

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

I know it's all been said before but our fullback situation is dire, two wingers by Fergie almost 10 years ago is loco. Am surprised that Mou has accepted so many of the players he inherited, Van Gaal was at least right to identify that for whatever reason he wouldn't get a tune out of them, just a shame he went on to sign players even worse than he let go.
He barely inherited any full-backs. Just Rafael really. United are still playing catch-up in the market from 2014 because we have basically needed about ten first team starters since then, and probably a few squad players. Whatever your budget, it’s a lot more difficult than it sounds.

For all the talk of City’s outlay, they had spent very well generally across the last three years. Far more hits than misses.

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
He barely inherited any full-backs. Just Rafael really. United are still playing catch-up in the market from 2014 because we have basically needed about ten first team starters since then, and probably a few squad players. Whatever your budget, it’s a lot more difficult than it sounds.

For all the talk of City’s outlay, they had spent very well generally across the last three years. Far more hits than misses.
Darmian has been a huge disappointment. Sign Italy's No.1 RB and he turns out to be a rabbit in the headlights

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:12 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He did look like he was wearing a fat suit though tbf. You can understand everyone's shock.

I thought that, the kitman stitched him up

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Darmian has been a huge disappointment. Sign Italy's No.1 RB and he turns out to be a rabbit in the headlights
Very odd signing tbh. All the others just didn’t work but it baffles me that LvG signed such a technically limited player. Scouting dept must have been woeful.

But Rafael is now back-up at Lyon so...

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Yea I wasn't referring to LVG inheriting fullbacks, just players in general that he knew he wouldn't be able to work with. Tbf I think that is what gets lost in assessing the squad Fergie was leaving behind, (under Fergie) they were at once a domestic force that with some good young players coming through and at the same time (under anyone else) an intricate puzzle that was impossible to piece together with any great success.

I'm on the fence about Mou getting a third season but if he stays he needs to be more ruthless in shipping out some squaddies and bring in first XI players. Would hate to get a new manager in who decides to give the bulk of the squad a year to prove themselves and we end up in the same situation again.

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Very odd signing tbh. All the others just didn’t work but it baffles me that LvG signed such a technically limited player. Scouting dept must have been woeful.

But Rafael is now back-up at Lyon so...
Thing that pisses me off about City is that they haven't really signed anyone from left field, or uncovered any gems or anything, Ederson aside, possibly, absolutely all of their signings were absolute no brainers, in fact there has been threads on here wanting United to buy the majority of them before City were even linked. Far more than there were linking/wanting players we have actually signed . It's just United's recruitment has been so negative and slow.. Everything about all the players we've purchased, possibly with the exception of Martial and Bailly, has just felt wrong. To me anyway..

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:25 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Thing that pisses me off about City is that they haven't really signed anyone from left field, or uncovered any gems or anything, Ederson aside, possibly, absolutely all of their signings were absolute no brainers, in fact there has been threads on here wanting United to buy the majority of them before City were even linked. Far more than there were linking/wanting players we have actually signed . It's just United's recruitment has been so negative and slow.. Everything about all the players we've purchased, possibly with the exception of Martial and Bailly, has just felt wrong. To me anyway..
Yep, not just City, most of us would have sniffed at Mane and Salah as second, third tier options while Utd were chasing names like Di Maria, Sanchez, hankering after Bale.

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I dunno about them being no-brainers, I think they have been rewarded for taking the risk with young talent that was clear but would need development. We did that with the huge Martial signing, but they've done it with Sterling, Sane, Stones, Ederson, Jesus and De Bruyne. All players with the potential, but it does take a bit of guts to take the plunge on those guys.

Also, last summer most of the money went on the keeper and two full-backs. Unglamorous, but addressed the areas that needed it.

But basically, they have made what appears to be 9 or 10 very good signings over the last three years. How many have we?

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
I dunno about them being no-brainers, I think they have been rewarded for taking the risk with young talent that was clear but would need development. We did that with the huge Martial signing, but they've done it with Sterling, Sane, Stones, Ederson, Jesus and De Bruyne. All players with the potentiall, but it does take a bit of guts to take the plunge on those guys.

Also, last summer most of the money went on the keeper and two full-backs. Unglamorous, but addressed the areas that needed it.

But basically, they have made what appears to be 9 or 10 very good signings over the last three years. How many have we?
Personally I'd have signed all of those players, probably not Ederson and maybe not Sterling, purely because of where he came from. That's where they have been aggressive in the market, for me, signing young talent that everyone covets, making sure they get them and then playing them. Signing more than they need and not worrying if 1 or 2 fail (yes, unlimited funds will do that).. we haven't, we've gone for the safest bet in 9/10 cases.

Pretty sure everyone on here wanted Stones, Sane, De Bruyne, Mendy etc. even a bit of giddyness when we were apparently in for Jesus..

Look at the shit we signed

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Personally I'd have signed all of those players, probably not Ederson and maybe not Sterling, purely because of where he came from. That's where they have been aggressive in the market, for me, signing young talent that everyone covets, making sure they get them and then playing them. Signing more than they need and not worrying if 1 or 2 fail (yes, unlimited funds will do that).. we haven't, we've gone for the safest bet in 9/10 cases.

Pretty sure everyone on here wanted Stones, Sane, De Bruyne, Mendy etc. even a bit of giddyness when we were apparently in for Jesus..

Look at the shit we signed
Not as much giddiness as when we signed Di Maria, Zlat, Mkhi, Pogba, Sanchez etc. Stones and Sterling have had their flack too.

They have avoided those types in the main, albeit they wanted Sanchez. It's felt to me like they've had a better grip on the global market.

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
fattest people at United this summer ...

Shaw
Pure
Fergie
Lukaku

(In order )
Time for tons o'fun to waddle out of OT.

He's only gonna get fatter.

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Not as much giddiness as when we signed Di Maria, Zlat, Mkhi, Pogba, Sanchez etc.

They have avoided those types in the main, albeit they wanted Sanchez. It's felt to me like they've had a better grip on the global market.
Think only Pogba really generated any giddiness for me, and that was tinged with the feeling that we needed to address more issues with the £100m..

Unread 06-03-2018, 05:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Think only Pogba really generated any giddiness for me, and that was tinged with the feeling that we needed to address more issues with the £100m..
For all the talk of De Bruyne, Sane is the one that hits me. What a difference he'd have made over the last couple of years and moving forward. Proper United player. Easy being wise after the event, but the players we've missed out on while spending half a billion

Unread 06-03-2018, 05:04 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

that strip is £#%&!ing awful

Unread 06-03-2018, 05:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
For all the talk of De Bruyne, Sane is the one that hits me. What a difference he'd have made over the last couple of years and moving forward. Proper United player. Easy being wise after the event, but the players we've missed out on while spending half a billion
Look for the thread on Sane on here

Edit: http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...ght=leroy+sane

Unread 06-03-2018, 05:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Look for the thread on Sane on here

Edit: http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...ght=leroy+sane
Maybe easy before the event

But again, happy with enough with Pogba and Mkhi in the end.

Sane would probably be shite here anyway.

Unread 06-03-2018, 05:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
that strip is £#%&!ing awful
Grey shirts are never anything else tbh
Closed Thread