United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:18 AM
shenwen

Worst game for us yet

But will be better. The energy is there, and we know he has the talent.

Spent too much time in first half droppping deep because the midfield three was so far back

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Vedder

Never noticed him losing the ball so much for Arsenal. I don’t mind it because he’s always looking to put someone through on goal and always positive. He loves those chipped passes into the box.

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:48 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He had a good game

Always busy, never shy....
indeed.

unless he's scoring worldies or stroking his dogs on instagram, these #@&%!s think he's a waste of time

state

Unread 06-03-2018, 11:20 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
indeed.

unless he's scoring worldies or stroking his dogs on instagram, these #@&%!s think he's a waste of time

state

Unread 06-03-2018, 11:26 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Random Rossi reference for old time’s sake.
He’ll be saying Prunier needed more time next

Unread 06-03-2018, 11:31 AM
RemisMoses

Quote:
He had a good game

That's a minimum requirement we cant say he had a good game because he tried, how far have we fallen ffs.

He was brave never shirked but he lost the ball almost every time he got it, that's not an exaggeration . If that was Miki / lingard / rashford etc he would be getting pelters. Sanchez has got a free ride because he cost so much and we KNOW there is a player in there as we've seen him do it at Arsenal.

If we are classing that display last night as a good game we are deluded.

Unread 06-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
He had a good game

Yep. Never hid and made himself available. Struggled in possession because of lack of options due to lack of movement.

Unread 06-03-2018, 12:49 PM
windy waffles

I think the majority of his displays thus so far can be summed up in this gif:

Unread 06-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Lok

Obviously he's been underwhelming so far but I'm sure he'll improve.

The biggest issue seems to be his inability to find any space. He's dreadful when we're in possession but he doesn't have the ball. He tends to run up blind alleys or come too deep where he can't be effective.

He does the high press pretty well and that will be valuable when we're playing against better opponents. Saturday will be more his type of game, if he's crap in that I would start to worry.

Are the referees aware that they're allowed to give free kicks when he's fouled?

Unread 06-03-2018, 02:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I think the majority of his displays thus so far can be summed up in this gif:

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Never noticed him losing the ball so much for Arsenal. I don’t mind it because he’s always looking to put someone through on goal and always positive. He loves those chipped passes into the box.
Really? I had always thought that his wastefulness on the ball was one of things that stood out about his game. Last night was a fairly typical Sanchez performance, on a good night that shot off the bar goes in and he come away with a goal but he has never been an efficient player in general play.

The Pogba-Sanchez combination was always likely to cause issues, 2 players who like to move and follow the ball, neither with any great tactical discipline. Mou could start Sanchez on the right but he will not hold the position, will follow and chase the ball. I don't think Valencia has the motor of years past to get up and down as much to give that forward outlet.

Unread 11-03-2018, 11:03 AM
sub three hours

On Sanchez, I really don't think he's been that bad.

He pops up all over the pitch, runs tirelessly and makes some decent opportunities.

He's obviously got to get better (and will)

Unread 11-03-2018, 11:26 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

We're not getting much luck with our high profile signings.

Unread 11-03-2018, 11:28 AM
Bunker Buster

No idea why he is taking so much hate

He’s taken our work rate and directness up a good few notches...

Would hope the ADHD, Everything NOW crew could possibly give him at least 10 games...

Unread 11-03-2018, 11:33 AM
saffers

Quote:
No idea why he is taking so much hate

He’s taken our work rate and directness up a good few notches...

Would hope the ADHD, Everything NOW crew could possibly give him at least 10 games...
Is that what the SWYS crew have been rebranded as now we've shut them all up with 3 big wins on the bounce?

Unread 11-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Ethers

Thought he was good again myself, some stunning passes, worked hard as ever. Some much needed composure in the 2nd half.

Unread 11-03-2018, 12:20 PM
dunk

He did alright in the last 10-15 minutes and ran around a lot prior to that. Other than that he was poor. Gave the ball away, didn’t get his head up and missed opportunities to pass on a couple of occasions, ran into trouble etc. First 15 minutes of the second half he was a liability. Too far away from Lukaku, gave it away or ran into trouble everytime he had it putting us back under pressure. Early days still I suppose.

Unread 11-03-2018, 12:30 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Thought he was good again myself, some stunning passes, worked hard as ever. Some much needed composure in the 2nd half.
Exactly. He did well.

Would really love to volley a ball clean into dunk’s face at times.

Unread 11-03-2018, 12:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Exactly. He did well.

Would really love to volley a ball clean into dunk’s face at times.
You’re just blinded by his name, as are a few others. Mkhitaryan would be getting savaged for performances like yesterday. But he wasn’t the new toy

Weirdo.

Unread 11-03-2018, 12:45 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You’re just blinded by his name, as are a few others. Mkhitaryan would be getting savaged for performances like yesterday. But he wasn’t the new toy

Weirdo.
We'd have to notice Mkhitaryan first
Closed Thread