United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
We were f***ing w*** and 2-0 down to a Palace scratch XI it would take some sort of f***ing masochist to find and post about the positives of that.

f*** me I don't what's worse watching that first half or reading the keep the faith balls because we scraped 3-2 in the last minute against a Palace side the Bert's would have dicked eleventy- nil without getting.out of second gear.

They should have lost to Palace actually.
Only managed a draw

Unread 06-03-2018, 08:50 AM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Still buzzing....

The season needed that....
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
absolutely brilliant feeling when the ball nestled in the corner. ..especially from 2-0 down.
the players & fans desperately needed one of those.

Easier said than done but it'd be £#%&!ing nice if we showed a bit of attacking intent from the start on Saturday.
Comebacks/late goals are what it's all about but we can't play like we did last night against the scousers or we'll get £#%&!ing battered.
We were absolutely diabolical for 3 quarters of the match last night.

Plenty of width & pace on Saturday please
and yep

Unread 06-03-2018, 08:51 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I hope you're right, but we've been here before, as early as last week. That win should have had us bouncing. We started last night lobotomised.

We should be bouncing on Saturday, but I remain sceptical.

We can win it. We can beat them, but I expect them to start much better than us.
True enough. Althoufh when turning games around becomes a habit it doesn’t hurt.

Not confident about Saturday mind. We often start games so poorly against anyone decent; they are more dangerous than most early on.

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:36 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Are you suggesting none of mourinho previous teams have been coached or that he’s just stopped now he’s at united?
I'm judging him on his work at Utd and whatever way you look at it we are a side without identity, structure or a pattern to our play
That's poor coaching as far as I'm concerned

Neville said before the match that this Utd side was unrecognisable from previous Mourinho teams which although not easy on the eye had a structure and a clear way of playing
This Utd side plays completely off the cuff and has no structure
Sanchez comes in and plays where the £#%&! he likes (same with Pogba)

No surprise that we looked so much better when Rashford came on and actually held his position out wide to give some structure to our attacking play

Fantastic win last night but Jose has huge issues to sort out in this side
First of which is to get a grip of Sanchez and Pogba and have them playing for the team instead of themselves

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:53 AM
Wellinever

Not easy to make yourself heard at a place like Palace, but our away/travelling fans were fantastic last night.
Even against the noise set up by the "Glad all over (Dave Clark five)" Palace anthem, and our abysmal showing first half, you could hear the Cantona chants etc. ringing out, they kept at it and helped get a result.
Well done to all of them, hats off!

Unread 06-03-2018, 09:56 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
Not easy to make yourself heard at a place like Palace, but our away/travelling fans were fantastic last night.
Even against the noise set up by the "Glad all over (Dave Clark five)" Palace anthem, and our abysmal showing first half, you could hear the Cantona chants etc. ringing out, they kept at it and helped get a result.
Well done to all of them, hats off!

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:01 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
I hope you're right, but we've been here before, as early as last week. That win should have had us bouncing. We started last night lobotomised.

We should be bouncing on Saturday, but I remain sceptical.

We can win it. We can beat them, but I expect them to start much better than us.
I thought the same - we should have been more up for it going into last nights match but we were dreadful - as bad as I can remember in a long time. It’s really difficult to pin point our short comings because there’s so many at times but for me, the main one is attitude - seems we just can’t be arsed for large periods of each match and then all of a sudden we can and we have that speed and determination thing again.

It was clear from his interview that he thought we were dreadful in that 1st half and that he tore a strip off them at ht. My issue is why do professional players actually need that much coaxing so often and why is Jose only moderately effective at it - it’s what I thought he was good at. Van gaal and Moyes the same with these @#%&!s.

Find it very difficult to like this united side never mind love them. Actually I more accurately dislike them.

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:09 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Been thinking about this and we've lost the mindset that we can always come back in a game. In the first ten minutes there is a pile in if we start badly.

I said last night the 2-3 was on once we equalised. This isn't the Moyes era anymore - progress is evident.

Buzzing for our away fans last night..

True faith.
Huge shout buddy. Nice one

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:18 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Huge shout buddy. Nice one
Yep, Big big shout at 2-2 with 15 to go. Weird Nostradamus type stuff.

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:20 AM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Find it very difficult to like this united side never mind love them. Actually I more accurately dislike them.
We were talking about that last night. I concluded that the only player I'd really be gutted about leaving is De Gea. I sort-of like a couple of the others (Rashford, Lingard, Mata) but providing we replaced them with quality I couldn't give much of a shit if they went.

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:25 AM
Zorg

Quote:

People love posting that Phil Jones/Giroud header off the ground, but it's actually a good bit of defending after an initial error and a defender putting everything, including his dignity, in to clearing the danger.

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:34 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

You’d actually laugh if you saw the so called “shitholes” here, pal. Worst I’ve seen is Mt Druitt which was like an upmarket Benchill/Sharston.

Salford, East End levels don’t exist here.
Ever been to Blacktown?

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:37 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Ever been to Blacktown?

Unread 06-03-2018, 10:50 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Ironically enough it’s full of Filipinos and err...others.

Unread 06-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
True enough. Althoufh when turning games around becomes a habit it doesn’t hurt.

Not confident about Saturday mind. We often start games so poorly against anyone decent; they are more dangerous than most early on.
They are. Although last season they were surprisingly negative. Packed the box.

No mention of that in the press ala Jose though

I fancy us the longer the game goes on, but Yeah, I fully expect us to be half asleep early on and I suspect a similar start to the Chelsea game.

Team selection an issue too. Back down to earth for The Scottish Player last night, who was £#%&!ing awful. We haven't a clue what to do with Pogba and Sanchez and both of them were pissy with everyone and constantly giving the ball away.

Unread 06-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Team selection an issue too. Back down to earth for The Scottish Player last night, who was £#%&!ing awful. We haven't a clue what to do with Pogba and Sanchez and both of them were pissy with everyone and constantly giving the ball away.
Sanchez was frustrated with his team mates, which I'm fine with. Pogba was just being a £#%&!ing dick tbh

Unread 06-03-2018, 11:14 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Ever been to Blacktown?

Zillions

Average working class area. Not a shithole.

Mate comes from Wenty, next door. Same.

Not desirable but just not really that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Sanchez was frustrated with his team mates, which I'm fine with. Pogba was just being a £#%&!ing dick tbh
Had enough of Pogba. Love him to bits when he’s on it but for once, agree with G Nev. Thinks he’s on YouTube.

Unread 06-03-2018, 11:20 AM
atticusgrinch

I don't know why he doesn't play Sanchez on the right. Would be a lot better balanced in attack imo.

Unread 06-03-2018, 11:50 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I don't know why he doesn't play Sanchez on the right. Would be a lot better balanced in attack imo.

Should play him behind Lukaku tbh.

Unread 06-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Should play him behind Lukaku tbh.
Yep. Bench Pogba.

Wont happen.