United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 30-01-2018, 05:55 PM
sub three hours

Short notice i know, sorry, but ITV on in 10 minutes time...... 'Britain's Favourite 100 Walks'

Described as 'an epic countdown featuring the best loved walks from all over the country.'

I think it could be quite interesting to see which routes are in there and which aren't.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:39 PM
My Name is Keith

Went up with the lad and did the Fairfield Horseshoe (which Iíve done 3 times I think). 8 wainers in total and about 17 miles so a killer. Lad was always 1/2 a mile ahead. Have officially passed on the Ďbest in the family stamina and fitnessí baton to him now.

Iím also now ranked 3rd in the Ďfamily member most likely to win a fightí award after Mrs keith and him. Heís 12 btw.

Bad times.

Last edited by My Name is Keith; 04-02-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:20 PM
MUFC One Love

Great stuff, Keith.

Anyone got any recommendations on hiking/walking pants at a reasonable price?

Old 04-02-2018, 09:35 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Great stuff, Keith.

Anyone got any recommendations on hiking/walking pants at a reasonable price?
Seems a fairly saturated market from what I can glean. I go for mountain equipment (Manchester label) or montane stuff generally but itís not the cheapest.

Karrimore is stocked at sports direct I think and I bet it does more or less the same thing. Iím quite partial to a pant you can zip off to make into a short. Even in winter, I go from being absolutely boiling (walking up) to freezing (stop for a bit on top) in an instant. Being able to vary is helpful.

Old 19-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Went up with the lad and did the Fairfield Horseshoe (which Iíve done 3 times I think). 8 wainers in total and about 17 miles so a killer. Lad was always 1/2 a mile ahead. Have officially passed on the Ďbest in the family stamina and fitnessí baton to him now.

Iím also now ranked 3rd in the Ďfamily member most likely to win a fightí award after Mrs keith and him. Heís 12 btw.

Bad times.

Great pictures Keith you've covered some miles there too

Had my first near miss on Swirral Edge crampon caught rock and tried to prevent falling by digging other in this span me round and I ended up in a mini slide face down looking the wrong way
Ended up with Sore ankle and two holes in my shin from heel spikes it happened just past this big Rock on right of photo left side is a 150m drop.
I think my luck was in

Old 01-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Sca Fell by The Lords Rake probably my best day out yet.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Easter Sunday with new hiking pal

Old 23-04-2018, 06:39 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Jacks Rake on Pavey Ark.

Old 24-04-2018, 09:47 AM
shenwen

Went for a walk in the hills behind my house. Took a new route and came across this old village sitting in a valley. Pretty ramshackle but with an old church there. Very isolated place for a church, even more so when it would have been first built.

Lived in this area for three years. Walk the country park regularly, but have never come across this village. Went down for a look around but got chased by two large dogs, so hiked up the hill behind instead.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 29-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Great Langdale

Last edited by Horst_ Bucholst; 29-04-2018 at 07:14 PM.