United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2018, 02:57 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He's in South London
Thats what is annoying me with Mourinho, keeps on playing the shite that were not good enough 5 years ago nevermind now, I do not expect him to play a team full of kids but 2 or 3 would be good, that Axel thats now at Villa on loan should be here playing centre back, sink or swim, only by giving them game time will we know if they are good enough.

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:43 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
It is a very likely story its mino raiola, if he can get another fat fee he will do all he can to get it. Especially if the player is agitating for a move because someone is getting paid more than him.
Of course he is, even if there’s no intention to move. This is about a power battle and mourinho trying to get the attitude he wants from the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
correct. was anyone else but us making much effort to take him from juve?
Yes.

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Thats what is annoying me with Mourinho, keeps on playing the shite that were not good enough 5 years ago nevermind now, I do not expect him to play a team full of kids but 2 or 3 would be good, that Axel thats now at Villa on loan should be here playing centre back, sink or swim, only by giving them game time will we know if they are good enough.
Spoke to a Villa fan who said he's looking good. Might not be ready for us and the Villa thing could be a good experience for him, but it was a bit of a wasted six months in the first half of the season. Similar to Mensah spending a year on the shelf. Doesn't do them any good.

Unread 23-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
No he didn’t......

No he didn’t. But he needed a brilliant player like Keane beside him to cover the holes he left. When he didn’t have that, he needed a three man midfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Pogba:

Which is why mourinho needs to win. This kind of thing has been £#%&!ing the club ever since Fergie left. It’s a battle that needs to be won for any united manager. And if mourinho can’t manage it, no £#%&!er will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The problem is Mourinho.
Aye. The problem was moyes. The problem was van gaal. The problem is mourinho. Wonder why the players never turned on the style when they got rid of the manager that was stifling their brilliance. Couldn’t even turn it on for a few games under giggs when he gave them the freedom to do what they wanted.

Quote:
The Pogba situation and the Martial situation are inextricably linked. The way Martial has been treated is disgusting.

Id be as gutted as Ive been in a long time about football if we lose Anthony Martial, the kid is going to be a great player. Reminds me of the fat Ronaldo at times. These 2 situations are linked to the favouritism Jose shows to some lads while treating others like shit on his shoe. His man management is shite.
He doesn’t have favourites. You have no idea about the details to judge his man management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Don't think there's anything wrong with Pogba going to the manager with grievances the players are having with the tactics being employed in games (especially as it's obvious to everyone they're not right)
Better to openly air those grievances with the manager than for them to be left to fester in the dressing room
He’s not the captain. Why is he speaking in behalf of the team?

I’d guess this is another Riola story. Knows mourinho is getting stick for the football and is getting pogba onside with the fans in their personal battle. Brave pogba makes stand against boring mourinho. Nice deflection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He's clearly not saying that. What he's saying his maybe Martial lacks the mental steel a top drawer striker has. Newcastle not being the first time he's fluffed easy chances. He can produce world class moments mixed in with utter shit.

He's one of many players who don't have a defined role in the team.
Maybe mourinho sees that lack of steel and is trying to instill it rather than indulge him because of it.

Quote:
Sorry is the hardest word.. Beep beep vehicle reversing. But there is- has been no conflict honest.

Mourinho says: "You saw the game against Sevilla. It is always more difficult to come from the bench than the start, when a player is starting the game he has a different mentality.
"To come on in minute 15 and get in the pace of the game is not easy and he had a very positive game for us. Sometimes players on the bench take five minutes to be ready. they don'y have strapping, shin pads, shirt. He took 10 seconds and showed the professionalism.
"I think he responded in a very professional way both times he was on the bench. He was on for Huddersfield in the Premier League and he responded in a professional way and against Sevilla he responded the same."
That’s doesn’t say there’s been no conflict. If anything he’s praising his response, assuming there has been conflict. Either way, he’s praising him.

The martial/Sanchez thing is strange. I’d rather Sanchez played on the right of a three. But we’re nkt on the inside. Don’t have the info of what’s happening nor what the manger is thinking or trying to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Nail on the head.. why does he keep on playing players that are not good enough, put in some of the kids, they can not do any worse than the likes of Valencia, Young, Smalling etc.. Surely we have a young right back with potenial that is worth a shot in the team
Because it can damage them if they’re not ready. Our best young alternatives are out on loan.

Unread 23-02-2018, 04:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Aye. The problem was moyes. The problem was van gaal. The problem is mourinho. Wonder why the players never turned on the style when they got rid of the manager that was stifling their brilliance. Couldn’t even turn it on for a few games under giggs when he gave them the freedom to do what they wanted.
No. Under Moyes the players were old and shell shocked. Under LvG he lacked the quality in the attacking third. Under Mourinho the tactics, mentality and coaching is toss.

Mourinho and everything about Mourinho is the problem. Is methods are outdated and his spark has gone. He's a busted flush.

Unread 23-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
No. Under Moyes the players were old and shell shocked. Under LvG he lacked the quality in the attacking third. Under Mourinho the tactics, mentality and coaching is toss.
Hang on...

Are you making excuses for Moyes, and to a lesser extent LVG, purely to push your agenda against Mourinho?!

Choose your answer very carefully here....

Unread 23-02-2018, 04:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Hang on...

Are you making excuses for Moyes, purely to push your agenda against Mourinho?!

No. He was also inept tactically, but he had about 5-6 players who were all but gone; Vidic, Rio, Evra, RvP and Giggs to start with.

Unread 23-02-2018, 04:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Your a knee jerk wet fart of a man, you must know that. I’ll assume your wife has pissed off recently and your just going through a bad spell. Because you are one moody Black dour cloudy c***.

Do you cheer up when we are doing ‘well’ ?

Martial missed a chance against the geordies so he’s shit, that’s very silly.

Unread 23-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Ffs

Watch out dunk!

Unread 23-02-2018, 05:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Ffs

Watch out dunk!
Cowering under my desk as I type...

Unread 23-02-2018, 05:01 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Ffs

Watch out dunk!

Well, I obviously meant it in the "if you are, I will tear your argument apart kind of way"

Obviously that went over your head....I'll email Dunk a punch though if that makes you happy?

Quote:
Cowering under my desk as I type...
For the best. Wouldn't want your boss to know you're slacking

Unread 23-02-2018, 05:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
No. He was also inept tactically, but he had about 5-6 players who were all but gone; Vidic, Rio, Evra, RvP and Giggs to start with.
And the likes of Ando, Fletch, Carrick, who let's be honest weren't getting any better.

Problem with Moyes is that he was probably such an easily ridiculed character that it was natural for those guys to let him take the fall and ignore their own shortcomings. Under Mourinho, especially with his less blemished reputation at that time, they'd have probably been a lot more likely to accept their own decline.

Unread 23-02-2018, 05:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Ooooooooooo

Unread 23-02-2018, 08:49 PM
sa7

Quote:
Well, I obviously meant it in the "if you are, I will tear your argument apart kind of way"

Obviously that went over your head....I'll email Dunk a punch though if that makes you happy?

Unread 23-02-2018, 09:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
northers hasn’t been on for a while.

Unread 23-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
No clue what that means but, obviously an insult of some kind

Unread 23-02-2018, 09:22 PM
ZiggyStardust

Good article by Carragher about the Pogba situation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...r-united-isnt/

Unread 23-02-2018, 09:45 PM
Lodestar

Thumbs up

Quote:

'Whenever I watch Pogba I cannot help but recall an observation by Arrigo Sacchi, the legendary ex-AC Milan manager. He said a great talent does not make you a great player.

“When I was director of football at Real Madrid we had some who were very good footballers,” Saachi said. “They had technique, they had athleticism but they lacked what I call knowing-how-to-play football. They lacked decision-making. They lacked positioning. They didn’t have the subtle sensitivity of football: how a player should move within the collective. And for many I wasn’t sure they were going to learn. You see, strength, passion, technique, athleticism, all of these are very important. But they are a means to an end, not an end in itself.”

Sacchi could have been dissecting Pogba’s United performances in the last two seasons.'

Good find and great article on the situation. When l read that bit l've quoted l couldn't help think of Scholes. Not in any way comparing him to Pogba, but he could read the game and his positional sense was exceptional. Can you coach that? To some degree yes but l think it's mostly instinct with great players.

Pogba has great attributes but he's not showing a good football brain and getting tuned in.

Unread 23-02-2018, 10:15 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Bang on, can anyone honestly say he has improved since he arrived? We bought potential and that's still all that he is.

Unread 23-02-2018, 10:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
'Whenever I watch Pogba I cannot help but recall an observation by Arrigo Sacchi, the legendary ex-AC Milan manager. He said a great talent does not make you a great player.

“When I was director of football at Real Madrid we had some who were very good footballers,” Saachi said. “They had technique, they had athleticism but they lacked what I call knowing-how-to-play football. They lacked decision-making. They lacked positioning. They didn’t have the subtle sensitivity of football: how a player should move within the collective. And for many I wasn’t sure they were going to learn. You see, strength, passion, technique, athleticism, all of these are very important. But they are a means to an end, not an end in itself.”

Sacchi could have been dissecting Pogba’s United performances in the last two seasons.'

Good find and great article on the situation. When l read that bit l've quoted l couldn't help think of Scholes. Not in any way comparing him to Pogba, but he could read the game and his positional sense was exceptional. Can you coach that? To some degree yes but l think it's mostly instinct with great players.

Pogba has great attributes but he's not showing a good football brain and getting tuned in.
To pick up on something Liam Brady recently said about it, the great midfield players usually know what they want to do with the ball a second before it arrives. Pogba doesn’t, and still doesn’t know what he wants to do with it after a couple of touches.

I’m not sure it can be taught. And may be why he wil never be a top midfield player.
Closed Thread