United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology

Old 08-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Jammy Dodger

I donít think the guy who wrote the article has any idea how human beings actually work.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
When I moved over here was amazed to find how many people in top professions were popping Adderall, had a dabble myself and productivity shot through the roof, as did trips to the toilet (maybe 20 times a day). The next day was like a comedown, stiff jaw and body as you are so tense when on it, also brain doesn't work too well, not sure if it was getting back to normal or drained from over-exertion.
Give it a few years

Old 08-02-2018, 07:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
what's dunk's beef with people trying to improve themselves?
Its how you do it that matters.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:02 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I donít think the guy who wrote the article has any idea how human beings actually work.
I think, ah, heís got a decent insight into the way some people work in the present & near future. Attention spans are getting shorter, solutions are available ...

He is a colossal bellend though.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:51 PM
jem

not as cool as the guy with the ear on his arm who wants to wire it up to the internet.

Old 09-02-2018, 12:48 AM
armchair

there's a lot of these losers believe in an ai godhead.

they basically want massive depopulation and about a million of them living forever. nutcases.

there are religions and everything.

they sell it like it's reasonable but it's about wiping out all of humanity and leaving a earth++ for these superior nerds.

No. I'm making it up
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ny-levandowski
Deus ex machina: former Google engineer is developing an AI god
Way of the Future, a religious group founded by Anthony Levandowski, wants to create a deity based on artificial intelligence for the betterment of society

'betterment' = a lot less humans.

Old 16-02-2018, 12:02 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Leaning on the crutch is one thing, but you take medication for pain relief, or cod liver oil / vitamins for well being etc. Why not something, equally as safe (if it is - not advocating the blind ingestion of shit that will come back & rot your nerves or something) then that's (potentially) just how people will do it in future. His argument is, everyone else will be doing it - you'll be left behind. Cunty discussion of course, but what if your kids are missing out?

MDMA and LSD are my favourite drugs by far, weed is great but it's a different approach. The blog talks about having deep emotional conversations with important family members / friends etc while on it. It is surely undeniable that you form a stronger bond with your friends though getting off your tits, so a structured approach (now & then - not like you should be mandied off your face for Sunday lunch) to it is also interesting.
Sorry for my ignorance, but doesnít MDMA heat you up like a furnace and make a heart attack something like 60% more likely?

Old 16-02-2018, 12:44 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
'betterment' = a lot less humans.

Old 16-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Sorry for my ignorance, but doesnít MDMA heat you up like a furnace and make a heart attack something like 60% more likely?
I think it really, as with anything, depends on how much you take & how often. Lots of info here.