United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Old 13-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Poop

Old people playing horror games...

Old 28-03-2018, 03:07 PM
Poop

Ninety quid price drop from tomorrow. 250 for it now.

Also, Wipeout has received a VR patch as of today. Early playtests claim it's absolutely insane, proper throw your guts up and legs go from under you stuff

Old 28-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Cannot say I am impressed. Low res headache machine.
probably the single biggest waste of money I ever spent.

awful dogshit. is shite and has no content.

Old 28-03-2018, 03:31 PM
TheFatGoth

Hearing VR is dead in the water.

Soon to buried in the vast cemetary of failed gimmick gaming peripherals.

Old 28-03-2018, 03:58 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
probably the single biggest waste of money I ever spent.

awful dogshit. is shite and has no content.
yeah not touched mine that much tbf

its fucking ace for the first week

Old 28-03-2018, 05:08 PM
TheKitchenSink

As far as I can tell VR is taking off pretty well with a lot of investment and loads of releases coming out this year. No reason to think it's even close to dead, unless somebody can provide a genuine source or analysis? I don't think it'll rope in the majority of casuals until Gen 2/3 though, and feel sorry for anybody who bought the headset but can't handle the experience due to headaches, nausea, etc. The "gimmick" nonsense tends to be perpetuated by people who either can't afford it or don't have the time due to wife/kids.

WipeOut VR is great. I don't get motion sickness so turned off all the safeguards, but defo has the potential to upset a few stomachs.

Old 28-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
As far as I can tell VR is taking off pretty well with a lot of investment and loads of releases coming out this year. No reason to think it's even close to dead, unless somebody can provide a genuine source or analysis? I don't think it'll rope in the majority of casuals until Gen 2/3 though, and feel sorry for anybody who bought the headset but can't handle the experience due to headaches, nausea, etc. The "gimmick" nonsense tends to be perpetuated by people who either can't afford it or don't have the time due to wife/kids.

WipeOut VR is great. I don't get motion sickness so turned off all the safeguards, but defo has the potential to upset a few stomachs.
I don't get sickness either. But I hate racing games.

Resi7 was fun for an hour or 2.

But once I got into a heavy movement scene i was just tripping over wires.

Old 28-03-2018, 06:16 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
I don't get sickness either. But I hate racing games.

Resi7 was fun for an hour or 2.

But once I got into a heavy movement scene i was just tripping over wires.
Not really into horror games so never bothered with Resident Evil. I'm pretty much the same re: racing games but don't really classify Wipeout in the same bracket as Gran Turismo, Dirt Rally, etc.

The wires are a bit of a pain, but PSVR is pretty shit for games that require full movement, anyway. Motion tracking is wonky at best and the move controllers are rubbish. I have a Rift and it's a totally different experience. Granted the wires are still there and you have to set up sensors to track your movement, but it's basically 1:1 tracking and the Touch controllers are very well designed.

Think wireless headsets are already coming out and will be the norm for future VR tech, so it's just a first gen irritation that will be remembered as something amusing early adopters had to put up with.

Tbh I mainly use PSVR for cockpit/static VR games - RIGS, Wipeout, etc, but use the Rift for everything else. A lot of totally different games, plus stuff you can't get on PSVR like cinema apps, Google Earth VR, etc. PSVR is a great VR entry point but you don't realise what VR is capable of until you've had a bit of time on PCVR.

Old 31-03-2018, 04:38 PM
AK14

Best games to get?

Been looking at some and none of them really jump out at me tbh

Should have looked into it a bit more before buying one I think

Old 31-03-2018, 04:46 PM
guerreiro

Not arsed about VR, but will be jealous for Ace Combat VR. That will be immense.