United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2018, 06:53 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We were on tour in America.
I think you'll find fergie and veron were not in the same place.

Unread 11-01-2018, 08:31 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think you'll find fergie and veron were not in the same place.
Given he just played a friendly the day before, either he flew somewhere after the game or Fergie wasn’t there in the first place. Which is it?

Unread 11-01-2018, 08:33 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92tobury
lee martin scored in an fa cup final. Big f***ing deal.
you wasnt there

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Pat Creramd defended Moyes to the hilt.

I wonder why...
YES PADDY CRERAND DID ASWELL

Unread 11-01-2018, 08:35 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
you wasnt there

YES PADDY CRERAND DID ASWELL
You not exploded yet Creosote?

Unread 11-01-2018, 10:22 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
you wasnt there
Couldn't get tickets being only 15 at the time, but I was at the home game at Charlton just before it where Hughes got an almighty clattering and was down for five minutes, then got up and carried on like it was a minor challenge.

E Stand or Stretford Terrace back in those days. Get the bus down (surely even you can guess which one) then £2.50 to get in, pay on the gate. Happy days.

Unread 11-01-2018, 10:54 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Given he just played a friendly the day before, either he flew somewhere after the game or Fergie wasn’t there in the first place. Which is it?
no idea what this means. soz.

my understanding (from someone involved in the process) was that fergie was surprised that a deal to sell veron was agreed (in his absence and not his intention to sell). he'd had a convo with veron about his future from which the two of them seem to have taken different messages - fergie obvs wasn't going to guarantee him a place in the team, but wanted him to stay; veron thought fergie didn't want him. the deal with chelsea was agreed in 1/2 week(s) with veron in the uk and fergie not (I thought after tour, with fergie on hols). believe what you like. I was told (at the time) that fergie didn't want to sell veron and was surprised a deal with chelsea was agreed and I have no reason to doubt that. I think he came out with some bullshit afterwards about getting an interesting offer, but it was pin money for a useful player who was settling in, so not convinced. don't think anyone cares, tbh. probably only me that even cared at the time.

Unread 11-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Ethers

The deal was agreed while we were on tour, Veron was allowed to fly back to the UK early to finalise the details.

I very much doubt Fergie was particularly arsed about losing Veron, because at that point everybody seemed to think Ronaldinho was a done dealio

Unread 11-01-2018, 11:14 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The deal was agreed while we were on tour, Veron was allowed to fly back to the UK early to finalise the details.

I very much doubt Fergie was particularly arsed about losing Veron, because at that point everybody seemed to think Ronaldinho was a done dealio
Now that's the real debate here. Who's the bigger @#%&!, Kenyon or Woodward?

Unread 11-01-2018, 08:59 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Now that's the real debate here. Who's the bigger @#%&!, Kenyon or Woodward?
Kenton is deliberately a @#%&!.

Woodward is just a £#%&!ing clown.
Closed Thread