United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Reply
 
Old 01-01-2018, 08:44 AM
irk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I think the more likely ĎNew World Orderí are the morons who sit around thinking shit like the Bechdel test up.
I couldnt find you teo women in real life that meet that test the gossiping twats.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 09:53 AM
silv
 
Default

It's Star Wars. It was funny and had great action.

What more do you want?

Not like it's going to have the emotional depth of writing as Star Trek ffs
 
Old 04-01-2018, 09:58 AM
TheFatGoth
 
Default

 
Old 04-01-2018, 10:12 AM
waynes ear's
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Not like it's going to have the emotional depth of writing as Star Trek ffs


good fishing
 
Old 04-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Big Norm
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Called it. Steepest 2nd week drop in Star Wars history.
Erm.....

http://deadline.com/2018/01/the-last...al-1202234905/
 
Old 04-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Jammy Dodger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Iíd expect the next film in the trilogy to show the effects of this one. This film literally left nothing to get fans interested in the final instalment. As a stand alone film it was ok, but it fails miserable as a 2nd film in a trilogy.

It shat over the first filmís big build about the mystery of Rey - and it was a build in numerous ways, ramping up the mystery of who she was. Didnít the first film give the impression Rey was being looked over at the start of the film, the same way Luke was in a new hope? Didnít Han Solo show some kind of guilt or regret when it came to Rey? Didnít Kylo show some kind of recognition and fear of her? Etc.

It didnít develop the relationship between the supposed three main characters that are replacements for Luke, Leia and Solo. Rey and Finn spent no time together on screen, and Rey is actually introduced to Poe for the first time at the end.

And it left absolutely nothing for fans to anticipate or speculate about going into the final film in the series. Thereís no arc. No questions. Nothing to end. That will show itself at the box office next time out.

Last edited by Jammy Dodger; 04-01-2018 at 03:06 PM.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 03:23 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Iíd expect the next film in the trilogy to show the effects of this one. This film literally left nothing to get fans interested in the final instalment. As a stand alone film it was ok, but it fails miserable as a 2nd film in a trilogy.

It shat over the first filmís big build about the mystery of Rey - and it was a build in numerous ways, ramping up the mystery of who she was. Didnít the first film give the impression Rey was being looked over at the start of the film, the same way Luke was in a new hope? Didnít Han Solo show some kind of guilt or regret when it came to Rey? Didnít Kylo show some kind of recognition and fear of her? Etc.

It didnít develop the relationship between the supposed three main characters that are replacements for Luke, Leia and Solo. Rey and Finn spent no time together on screen, and Rey is actually introduced to Poe for the first time at the end.

And it left absolutely nothing for fans to anticipate or speculate about going into the final film in the series. Thereís no arc. No questions. Nothing to end. That will show itself at the box office next time out.
Potentially there's still a twist. That lying **** Snoke fed Kylo's head a load of shit - what's to say that didn't include Rey's parentage bollix to try and put her over the edge?
 
Old 04-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Big Norm
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Iíd expect the next film in the trilogy to show the effects of this one. This film literally left nothing to get fans interested in the final instalment. As a stand alone film it was ok, but it fails miserable as a 2nd film in a trilogy.

It shat over the first filmís big build about the mystery of Rey - and it was a build in numerous ways, ramping up the mystery of who she was. Didnít the first film give the impression Rey was being looked over at the start of the film, the same way Luke was in a new hope? Didnít Han Solo show some kind of guilt or regret when it came to Rey? Didnít Kylo show some kind of recognition and fear of her? Etc.

It didnít develop the relationship between the supposed three main characters that are replacements for Luke, Leia and Solo. Rey and Finn spent no time together on screen, and Rey is actually introduced to Poe for the first time at the end.

And it left absolutely nothing for fans to anticipate or speculate about going into the final film in the series. Thereís no arc. No questions. Nothing to end. That will show itself at the box office next time out.
That may well be true (I haven't seen it myself yet).

I was merely pointing out that Gother's claim that this instalment was a box office flop, when it is the 19th most successful film of all time after only be released 3 weeks ago, was a pile of balls.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 04:56 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
That may well be true (I haven't seen it myself yet).

I was merely pointing out that Gother's claim that this instalment was a box office flop, when it is the 19th most successful film of all time after only be released 3 weeks ago, was a pile of balls.
You went to effort to prove one of his posts was a pile of balls? Gosh.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Jammy Dodger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Potentially there's still a twist. That lying **** Snoke fed Kylo's head a load of shit - what's to say that didn't include Rey's parentage bollix to try and put her over the edge?
Timing is everything. The curiosity has been removed. People wonít care going into the third film.

The third film will probably be like a superhero movie. Rey and little slave kids being able to use the force like magic with no training. Although the magical slave kids will probably be saved for a Harry Potter like spin off. Maybe theyíll all be enrolled at Jedi school for talented kids.

Last edited by Jammy Dodger; 04-01-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Star Wars - Episode VIII - Official Thread **spoilers** TheFatGoth TV / Film / Books / Arts 9 21-04-2016 07:30 PM
Star Wars Episode VIII. OFFICIAL THREAD waynes ear's TV / Film / Books / Arts 6 03-03-2016 02:15 PM
just watching the family guy star wars episode.... naes_sean Off Topic 53 08-01-2008 05:54 PM
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones waynes ear's Off Topic 15 09-12-2007 03:31 PM
Link to Family Guy Star Wars episode? Zorg Off Topic 2 28-09-2007 01:11 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:04 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.