Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Old 19-11-2017, 08:20 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraUtd
Castle?

Only watched first episode so far, no complaints
Wait til you get to the 997th flashback of his perfect family

re Frank White.Can you guess which film I watched to flush out that shit stain of a series from my soul

Last edited by rubbernecker; 19-11-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Old 20-11-2017, 11:37 AM
Sparky***

Finished up the whole series at about 2am this morning.

All in all I enjoyed it. The last 2 episodes involve some of the most violent television i've ever seen outside of a horror film - it really is gory as f***.

Anyway - over 13 episodes it does have its peaks and troughs. I wish that they'd put in a couple of episodes in the middle that took you out of the main story arc and focused on Punisher doing some more general crime fighting stuff but whatever. It just seemed the main plot dragged on a bit.

I do understand you can't have a whole series of violent carnage but I think there was too much time dedicated to visiting Micro's family and that didn't help in the middle episodes.

Old 15-12-2017, 06:15 PM
AK14

Brilliant.

Not really one for the marvel tv programs, I've previously tried to watch Luke cage but got bored shitless a few episodes in

But I really enjoyed this, Good story and characters. very, very violent too...

Old 27-12-2017, 12:48 AM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Hammered it and just finished it (wife's away ). Spoiler free review:
Solid addition to the run of Marvel solo outings on Netflix. Not quite as good as the first series of both DD and JJ but better than Luke Cage and Defenders series for me. It does adhere to the Marvel/Netflix tradition of having a dip around the middle of the series before picking up again on the home straight. Definitely could've got it all done in 10 episodes rather than 13. It's not all action which was surprising but welcome, too much action all the time would've been more than a bit OTT. Speaking of which, the violence is bone crunching stuff, just totally brutal. Theres a torture scene in particular later on that surely ranks amongst the most horribly violent pieces of TV ever made. Bernthal is fantastic as Frank Castle, born to play the part.
Interesting that no reference is made at all to other Marvel series and superheroes and whatnot (apart from a few appearances from the fit lawyer/journalist from DD).
Overall well worth your time
8 knives to the neck/10
Just finished this and Arnold's assessment is pretty much spot on.
As a fan of these series, I'd put it in the top tier with DD and JJ, ahead of Luke Cage, Defenders and Iron Fist. Bernthal is perfectly cast.