United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Music

Old 22-12-2017, 06:37 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
True I was hoping to increase irks already dangerously high blood pressure, but Rochdale and Middleton both get a mention in the article

Yeah, they were selling tickets at the old Middy Civic I see

http://www.philjens.plus.com/pistols...dale77_01.html

Doctor: Now then irk you appear to have high blood pressure. You're not overweight, don't smoke and eat healthily – so what brought it on?

Irk: Well it's this bad-tempered, irritable, curmudgeonly old bastard on a football forum. He keeps winding me up about my identity and saying that i'm from Rochdale.

Old 22-12-2017, 06:38 PM
Cream

Quote:
True I was hoping to increase irks already dangerously high blood pressure, but Rochdale and Middleton both get a mention in the article
Before the match the other day, the commentator said the ref was from Wythenshawe, 'Not too far from Manchester '.

Probs looked at the map...

Old 22-12-2017, 06:39 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Before the match the other day, the commentator said the ref was from Wythenshawe, 'Not too far from Manchester '.

But not the city boundary

Old 22-12-2017, 06:41 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

no fun, you might be interested to know that tonight, there is a 40th anniversary of the gig that almost was.

As you say the Pistols should have performed in Dale on the 22nd Dec 1977 at part of the 'Never Mind The Ban's' Tour, but the local council banned them.

So 40 years later the Sex Pistols Experience - tribute band will finally give 'you' a chance to say that you was there.

https://www.ents24.com/rochdale-even...rience/4999898

PS - I live in Middleton, which as you say is a town in the Metropolitan Borough of Rochdale which is in Greater Manchester.

Alkrington where I live is 5 miles away from Rochdale town centre, 4.5 miles away from Oldham town centre and 4 miles away from Manchester city centre. It's not that far from Bury town centre either.

Despite some Langley'ites being more Mancunian than Mancunians most of us who were born before the town was transferred from Lancashire to the county of Greater Manchester in 1974 would still see ourselves as Lancastrians as opposed to Mancunians.

We're not hung up on being in Rochdale Metropolitian Borough in Greater Manchester and we certainly don't have unreasonable feelings of anxiety about not being Mancunians either.

Truth be known, most of us see Manchester city centre as a suburb of Middleton.

f*** rochdale

Old 22-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
f*** rochdale

No neeeeed.

I knew a good lad from Whitworth. He attended my 21st in Crumpsall and thought it was hilarious. 'where the f*** am I?'

God knows what he'd have made of Langley.

Old 22-12-2017, 06:46 PM
sub three hours

Quote:

Not having a chip at Wythenshawe as my Dad was born in Benchill but when we visited my Gran as kids it seemed like bloody miles away from Manchester city centre.

I've just googled it and according to Wiki it is 8 miles (13 km) south of the city. Not really walkable if you missed the all night bus years ago.

Old 22-12-2017, 06:49 PM
no fun

Quote:
Not having a chip at Wythenshawe as my Dad was born in Benchill but when we visited my Gran as kids it seemed like bloody miles away from Manchester city centre.

I've just googled it and according to Wiki it is 8 miles (13 km) south of the city. Not really walkable if you missed the all night bus years ago.
Also not really walkable because of the areas you had to travel through

Having said that, most frightening place I have been in gtr Manchester is Langley....f***ing nutters

Old 22-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Cream

Quote:
Not having a chip at Wythenshawe as my Dad was born in Benchill but when we visited my Gran as kids it seemed it seemed like bloody miles away from Manchester city centre.

Old 22-12-2017, 06:51 PM
sub three hours

Quote:

No neeeeed.

I knew a good lad from Whitworth. He attended my 21st in Crumpsall and thought it was hilarious. 'where the f*** am I?'

God knows what he'd have made of Langley.

“Hiyoh, y’alright?”

From Midd in “Manchest-oh” me

f***ing Manc wannabe's. More Manc than inner city Mancs.

Quote:
Also not really walkable because of the areas you had to travel through

Having said that, most frightening place I have been in gtr Manchester is Langley....f***ing nutters

Yeah, I can imagine.

To be honest Langley was bad when were kids, but I think it's become fully integrated into Middleton now and doesn't really deserve its bad reputation.

Old 22-12-2017, 08:24 PM
irk

Quote:
But not the city boundary
Which doesnt include manchester united funnily enough.