United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics
Reply
 
Old 10-11-2017, 10:39 PM
denis lawless
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
Me too. Would be my first shag in ages.

Iím not moving to the EU - I wish I could - but Iím here and want it to work but dammit, canít you see? Itís proving to be a dingledangle of the highest order and Iím not seeing ANY progress.

OK. Answer 2 easy questions and Iíll never post on this thread.

1. Northern Ireland border. What will it be?

2. Are you happy to accept a weaker economy and a reduced voice for the benefits of not being in the EU?
its a "dingledangle" of the highest order because its being negotiated by a set of incompetent pricks, with a remainer at the head of it all......absolute bunch of Moyeses..........

Northern Ireland ? ...considering the fact that NI voted overwhelmingly to stay in the EU...id give them the option to either......

A) do a Catalonia and become independent and stay in the EU if that's their death wish.......wont happen because London politicians don't want to give up power.

B) stay in the UK but you have to suck up a hard border....wont happen because theyre used to just wandering back n forth.......

C) united Ireland and you can carry on as before and stay in the EU....wont happen because again, locals want to stay in the UK ...AND in the eu (want their cake and eat it...f***ing choose !! )

3 options...put them to the vote in NI only....sorted.


as for a weaker economy.....who says its going to be weaker....oh yeah, the banks, the corporations and the politicians........the MONIED ELITE ( are you watching harri?) .......

I don't want benefits.......I want freedom.
 
Old 10-11-2017, 11:01 PM
red red robbo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
love the idea that harri and qu.... heath think not only that leavers were duped, but that they are coming round to that realisation.

full steam ahead. play on. etc.
They were duped, it's indisputable. They were lied to about the effects of being in the EU and told they could have the world if they left. There's no way anyone could argue that wasn't the case, unless they were a lying weasel of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
it's not about winning or losing. think you'll find most people want to get on with it... properly. more remainers have come to terms with it than leavers changing their minds because they were lied to. maybe if everyone was pulling in the same direction iinstead of kvetching and trying derail the process it would be going better, eh? your negativity is harshing my mellow.


no border predates all the other shit. we invented everything; we can get around this. the will is there. etc. my own view is that we should not only give n.i. back, but throw scotland in for good measure. but there's no need for a border. we're getting tariff-free trade anyway. what's the point? all borders are silly, tbh. my world government won't tolerate them.

I don't want people who voted remain to shut up. but it would be nice if their comments were constructive and geared towards "the best possible brexit". arguing from the extremes never gets us anywhere good. clearly, the voices reported from the eu sound like argumentative weasels and burro-crats, but then it's dicks on both sides. we'll pay up and get on with it. got be worth a couple or three dup buttresses for a peaceful coexistence.
I repeatedly make a constructive argument for staying in the CU & SM but you tell me that's not a reasonable outcome. Maybe it's you that needs to be more constructive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless View Post


what a rambling mess the remoaners are......they either work for the bastards so have a vested interest.....or they already live in the EU, or are about to move there (MNIH) ...or live in a world of their own (Harri) ...so why are you sticking your nose in to the affairs of THIS country....that wants to leave .......just carry on living in your euro wonderland.

the thread is polluted with remoaners ...just look at the number of them in the top 20 contributors and their post totals...absolute tsunami of bullshit.

yes, we won and you lose....and you haven't shut the f*** up about it ever since.

hope you get the rubber glove treatment when you come back to visit, once the borders go up
I do not fit any of the criteria you listed yet I can see we are committing suicide as a country.

It is the monied elite as you call them that want to leave. They own the media and the politicians, they lied to the population for years and they don't even pay tax here, a position I'm sure you support.
 
Old 10-11-2017, 11:04 PM
tatty
 
Default

As I understand it meeting the EU's financial demands won't necessarily mean a trade deal can be agreed because all 27 will need to ratify it.

The UK could tip up an extortionate amount of money and then be told 'sorry no deal'.

This might actually be in leavers favour though as the outrage from the general population will poison any possibility of rejoining for generations.

If the EU were seen to be accommodating then I reckon given the right economic headwinds we could be back in within 20 years.
 
Old 10-11-2017, 11:12 PM
Zorg
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
Me too. Would be my first shag in ages.

Iím not moving to the EU - I wish I could - but Iím here and want it to work but dammit, canít you see? Itís proving to be a dingledangle of the highest order and Iím not seeing ANY progress.
You still live in the EU. Funny how the ones who spent 40 years moaning didn't simply move out of the EU, since it was such a simple solution. Now they're telling you you should leave the country
 
Old 10-11-2017, 11:17 PM
denis lawless
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post

I do not fit any of the criteria you listed yet I can see we are committing suicide as a country.

It is the monied elite as you call them that want to leave. They own the media and the politicians, they lied to the population for years and they don't even pay tax here, a position I'm sure you support.
NO THEY DONT........the banks have been crying because they say they have to move to Frankfurt, claiming it will be bad because so many bankers will lose their jobs in London ....

the big companies say they will f*** off to mainland Europe ....... or like Nissan did, try to con the dopes in Westminster to give them "incentives" to stay.

and if you took a vote amongst the politicians in Westminster, you would have won by a landslide.....Europe is their pension pot when they've failed in this country.......all major parties supported remain.

as for tax evasion....Luxemburg or Holland don't exactly come up smelling of roses, do they ? ....... both in Europe, last time I looked.
 
Old 10-11-2017, 11:24 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Nice consistent post

Pity it was all balls
Well, I am certainly blown away by your totally unassailable arguments here
 
Old 11-11-2017, 12:05 AM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa View Post


You won the referendum. Well done.

Hang on. More information is available. Maybe people have realised what's happened? Of course not. Jem is such a bloody good chap
what should we do about people who haven't been misled, but who have made up their own answers to their own questions and ignore what they are being told?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
I repeatedly make a constructive argument for staying in the CU & SM but you tell me that's not a reasonable outcome. Maybe it's you that needs to be more constructive.
you didn't. and I said it could not reasonably described as brexit.
 
Old 11-11-2017, 02:26 AM
Pepe le Pew
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
what should we do about people who haven't been misled, but who have made up their own answers to their own questions and ignore what they are being told?
Put them in the cupboard with the rest of the idiots and let's have done with it.
 
Old 11-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Albert Tatlock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
NO THEY DONT........the banks have been crying because they say they have to move to Frankfurt, claiming it will be bad because so many bankers will lose their jobs in London ....

the big companies say they will f*** off to mainland Europe ....... or like Nissan did, try to con the dopes in Westminster to give them "incentives" to stay.

and if you took a vote amongst the politicians in Westminster, you would have won by a landslide.....Europe is their pension pot when they've failed in this country.......all major parties supported remain.

as for tax evasion....Luxemburg or Holland don't exactly come up smelling of roses, do they ? ....... both in Europe, last time I looked.
Your argument is flawed Den. Gove, Rees Smog, IDS, Redwood, Johnson, Barclay brothers, Dacre, Murdoch et al are all members of the wealthy elite, yet they are all staunch leavers, not remainers.

Secondly, if all the politicians were for remain, then they together with the rich elite media barons would have already arranged for the referendum to be declared advisory, ignored and a50 would not have been triggered. There would have been no riots in the streets over it as Sky,the Beeb and the newspapers would have said that to remain was the best decision and the sheep would have followed it.

It is precisely that the so called monied elite want Brexit so badly that it is happening and happening according to their schedule irrespective of what damage it does to the country. You don't seem to be able to see this though... I wonder why ?
 
Old 11-11-2017, 07:36 AM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless View Post
NO THEY DONT........the banks have been crying because they say they have to move to Frankfurt, claiming it will be bad because so many bankers will lose their jobs in London ....

the big companies say they will f*** off to mainland Europe ....... or like Nissan did, try to con the dopes in Westminster to give them "incentives" to stay.

and if you took a vote amongst the politicians in Westminster, you would have won by a landslide.....Europe is their pension pot when they've failed in this country.......all major parties supported remain.

as for tax evasion....Luxemburg or Holland don't exactly come up smelling of roses, do they ? ....... both in Europe, last time I looked.
I thought you knew your stuff ? This is so far wide of the mark...

Are you serious ?
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Brexit etc
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UK Democracy - new PM, Brexit, Labour PLP Tumescent Throb News, Current Affairs & Politics 81 15-07-2016 03:02 PM
Gay marriage caused brexit forzagarza News, Current Affairs & Politics 5 28-06-2016 06:08 PM
EU referendum - brexit prexit poll est.1878 News, Current Affairs & Politics 5076 26-06-2016 10:30 AM
has anyone changed brexit voting intention as a result of the campaigns or informed debate on fred? jem News, Current Affairs & Politics 31 19-06-2016 04:11 PM
Brexit celtbion Football 7 18-05-2015 11:25 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2016 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.