United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 06-11-2017, 01:52 PM
King Eric

Love him, hes scored plenty already and I expect him to score stack loads over his time here. Im hoping him and big Zlat when hes back tear it up in the prem.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post

That just really tickled me
Made me as well tbh.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Kangared

He's not exactly getting great service. Yes his 1st touch isn't great but we all knew that. He scores goals, that's all I want & expect from him. Let's not forget we were just as shit last season in big games with Zlatan & Pogba in the team so maybe the blame lies once again with the tactics employed.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared View Post
He's not exactly getting great service. Yes his 1st touch isn't great but we all knew that. He scores goals, that's all I want & expect from him
Yep, aesthetics are secondary.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:06 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
And also why the comparison with Heskey doesn't hold up.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:15 PM
jem

Quote:
He's not exactly getting great service. Yes his 1st touch isn't great but we all knew that. He scores goals, that's all I want & expect from him. Let's not forget we were just as shit last season in big games with Zlatan & Pogba in the team so maybe the blame lies once again with the tactics employed.
the tactics don't help, but zlatan is a different kind of shit. their bastard child might be a hell of a player. look forward to seeing them spooning after christmas.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
It is not aesthetics, and it is not only about goals. I feel like down the years we(Utd fans) have had the essence of this debate multiple times, Hernandez and RVN most notably. At the elite level the main striker can not be one dimensional, it limits the upper level of the team. They have to be capable of influencing a game positively even when they are not scoring, especially in big games. That has always been the question with Lukaku.

It is one of the reasons Andy Cole is one of my favourite Utd players ever, developed into a high class all round forward. It did take time but he was also more talented than Lukaku. If we could sign a 24 yo Saha with greater durability that would be an easy choice as well, would not score as many goals as Lukaku but a better footballer.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian View Post
It is not aesthetics, and it is not only about goals. I feel like down the years we(Utd fans) have had the essence of this debate multiple times, Hernandez and RVN most notably. At the elite level the main striker can not be one dimensional, it limits the upper level of the team. They have to be capable of influencing a game positively even when they are not scoring, especially in big games. That has always been the question with Lukaku.

It is one of the reasons Andy Cole is one of my favourite Utd players ever, developed into a high class all round forward. It did take time but he was also more talented than Lukaku. If we could sign a 24 yo Saha with greater durability that would be an easy choice as well, would not score as many goals as Lukaku but a better footballer.
If you can score 30 goals a season it doesn't matter how one dimensional you are. As a number 9 your job is to score goals, thats your dimension & that's what you are ultimately judged on. Rom got another 2 tonight so it's clear to me that hat he isn't the problem. He assisted both Utds recent league goals, one with a great cross. As somebody articulately put it, too many people are hung up on aesthetics. Fellaini is another who is judged more by how he looks than what he brings & I also think Smalling is judged more on how ungainly he is on the ball than he is on his actual job which is defending.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:04 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
If you can score 30 goals a season it doesn't matter how one dimensional you are. As a number 9 your job is to score goals, thats your dimension & that's what you are ultimately judged on. Rom got another 2 tonight so it's clear to me that hat he isn't the problem. He assisted both Utds recent league goals, one with a great cross. As somebody articulately put it, too many people are hung up on aesthetics. Fellaini is another who is judged more by how he looks than what he brings & I also think Smalling is judged more on how ungainly he is on the ball than he is on his actual job which is defending.
Kevin Phillips used to score 30 goals a season regularly, as did Shearer for that matter.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Then you've missed the point of that post.