United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 10-11-2017, 03:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky View Post
if being whiny means improve the league for next season then yes I am whiny. As I mentioned its not about my team its about making it more competitive as you have mentioned you have made it to the playoffs every year with the same tactics which in this basic league setup work.

Changes would make that harder to do FOR EVERYONE hence the reason you are reacting like a mogwai in the light

whoa, there. I didn't say I'd made the playoffs; I said I hadn't lost a game in the playoffs. we all "make the playoffs". and I haven't used same tactics. the year I won it, I gambled on wide receivers and got antonio brown and julio jones. but anyway... the point was that I have used waivers very successfully, although you have to dig a bit for nuggets. it's not just about the initial draft (and position pot luck). I currently find it hard enough to get rid of players to make room for fresh meat and this would make things worse, not better - although I agree there's currently very thin pickings in waivers (jason witten is available, though). what I don't want is fewer rbs in the team, but I liked when we had a two te flex option. on balance, I think it's about right now and would resist tinkering.

imagine me saying "now, was that civilised?"

Old 10-11-2017, 04:05 PM
TreeFiddy

Plop is having an absolute Jay Cutler here.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:19 PM
liamb123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy View Post
Plop is having an absolute Jay Cutler here.
Just won FedEx air player of the week fwiw

Old 10-11-2017, 04:27 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamb123 View Post

Old 10-11-2017, 04:32 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamb123 View Post
did no other QB turn up last week?

Old 10-11-2017, 04:40 PM
plopborsky

another change we need to make. Draws.

Player with most bench points wins. It really does not help anyone having a draw.

in my other leagues I had 2 draws this season lost both to points on the bench but at least you have a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
whoa, there. I didn't say I'd made the playoffs; I said I hadn't lost a game in the playoffs. we all "make the playoffs". and I haven't used same tactics. the year I won it, I gambled on wide receivers and got antonio brown and julio jones. but anyway... the point was that I have used waivers very successfully, although you have to dig a bit for nuggets. it's not just about the initial draft (and position pot luck). I currently find it hard enough to get rid of players to make room for fresh meat and this would make things worse, not better - although I agree there's currently very thin pickings in waivers (jason witten is available, though). what I don't want is fewer rbs in the team, but I liked when we had a two te flex option. on balance, I think it's about right now and would resist tinkering.

imagine me saying "now, was that civilised?"

Old 10-11-2017, 05:19 PM
jem

Quote:
another change we need to make. Draws.

Player with most bench points wins. It really does not help anyone having a draw.
would have to stop me hoarding qbs. my bench scores are legendary. and, hitherto, absolutely f***ing useless.

stop trying to make our league like all your other leagues, you splitter tommy ten teams.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:20 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
would have to stop me hoarding qbs. my bench scores are legendary. and, hitherto, absolutely f***ing useless.

stop trying to make our league like all your other leagues, you splitter tommy ten teams.
again its not about my teams you f***ing idiot. Its about improving the league.

Give me one good reason why a draw helps anyone in fantasy?

Old 10-11-2017, 05:37 PM
waynes ear's

Bantz

Old 10-11-2017, 05:42 PM
jem

Quote:
again its not about my teams you f***ing idiot. Its about improving the league.

Give me one good reason why a draw helps anyone in fantasy?
*sigh*

you know you draw because you didn't win? like in real football (or soccer). does us-ing it up and having penalties after a draw sound good?

one good reason a draw helps? um... a draw is worth half a game and puts you above teams that lost?

if you have players on byes and have cleverly covered them, bench points decider penalises you. why not nominate a captain in each team? or away points count double (they don't). or whoever is prepared to go to the back of the waiver queue?

I don't think your suggestions are improvements. soz.