United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2017, 07:21 PM
red in cumbria

Yes, he might actually do very well there. To the extent anybody (save the few genuine superstars like CR7) can do at the circus that is RM.

Unread 08-11-2017, 08:35 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
RM
That's a booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
CR7
Forget it, that's a straight red.

Unread 08-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Completely different styles, both league and clubs. He would do well at Madrid, a place where his defensive duties would be virtually nil, the physicality is lower and he could spend all day picking out runners.
Plus the fact that he isn't surrounded by shit@#%&!s like Herrera, Lingard, Young, Mkhitaryan and Blind.

Unread 09-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Kangared

Another quality footballer who would thrive at a club that encourages attacking football. Mata is all class on & off the pitch . Doubt Madrid will go after him, I think Hazard is a more likely target. If he does go good luck to him . Could do exactly what Silva is doing at City if he had the same quality of players around him & a manager not so obsessed with clean sheets

Unread 09-11-2017, 09:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Another quality footballer who would thrive at a club that encourages attacking football. Mata is all class on & off the pitch . Doubt Madrid will go after him, I think Hazard is a more likely target. If he does go good luck to him . Could do exactly what Silva is doing at City if he had the same quality of players around him & a manager not so obsessed with clean sheets

Could do exactly what Silva is doing at City if he had the same quality.

Unread 09-11-2017, 10:21 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Another quality footballer who would thrive at a club that encourages attacking football.
Um, his best at Chelsea came under Fat Benny so I'm not sure about that.

Unread 09-11-2017, 10:41 AM
puressence

IM QUICKER

HUGS

Unread 09-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
He's terrible. Made out to be a creative genius but rarely takes any initiative or dominates games. One of our many shockingly overrated players.

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
He's not as good as David Silva.

Silva is the player Mata should be.

Same sort of player, same build, not blessed with great pace..... but you rarely see Silva get hustled off the ball , he's got quick feet, keeps things moving at speed and then has the eye for a pass and finish like Mata does.

He's far more effective. Outside of Aguero, he's been City's best signing of the last ten years

Unread 09-11-2017, 04:54 PM
red in cumbria

Silva was one I really wanted us to sign, I'm not always wrong

Unread 10-11-2017, 10:34 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He's not as good as David Silva.

Silva is the player Mata should be.

Same sort of player, same build, not blessed with great pace..... but you rarely see Silva get hustled off the ball , he's got quick feet, keeps things moving at speed and then has the eye for a pass and finish like Mata does.

He's far more effective. Outside of Aguero, he's been City's best signing of the last ten years
Silva always has options. He wouldn't look anything like the same player if he was at Utd with the support cast we have & tactics & style of play here.

Unread 10-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Silva always has options. He wouldn't look anything like the same player if he was at Utd with the support cast we have & tactics & style of play here.
True.... he's still better though
Closed Thread