United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
They obviously watched him a lot at Dortmund. Probably the same people who thought Kagawa was good
tbf Kagawa was awarded Bundesliga Japanese Player of the Year by readers of Shinji Kagawa Magazine.

Unread 08-11-2017, 10:54 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
No, rarely watch the Bundesliga. In saying that he did get voted the best player in said League, that's some accolade.
He wasn't though. Boateng was the player of the year in Germany. The lad up front for Dortmund won players player (not even sure if a recognised award) and Mkhi won some poll in magazine or something. I'm sure similar things were said about Kagawa when he didn't win an award too.

He had one very good season there. But it is a different ask playing over here.

Unread 08-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Whether we bypass him most of the time as a deliberate tactic from Mourinho, who is happy for Mkhi to mainly press and hope for one or two great moments when he does get it, or because the other players don't have the composure to find him, is hard to say.
It's a bit of everything isn't it... no Pogba or Carrick, meaning quality from the middle of the park is missing. Matic is decent, but he's not progressive, Herrera is busy but no more than tidy. That being said, Mkhi at 10, with his back to goal is absolutely insane, he should be bursting down the right & cutting in, I don't have an issue with him drifting, but asking him to play centrally facing his own players isn't his game. It's as ridiculous as playing Di Maria as an advanced central midfielder & asking him to come back to the ball, more so when it's played with so little consideration from hoof£#%&!ing bungle-@#%&!s like Smalling.

Unread 08-11-2017, 01:24 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
hoof£#%&!ing bungle-@#%&!s like Smalling.

Unread 08-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Kangared

Quote:
It's a bit of everything isn't it... no Pogba or Carrick, meaning quality from the middle of the park is missing. Matic is decent, but he's not progressive, Herrera is busy but no more than tidy. That being said, Mkhi at 10, with his back to goal is absolutely insane, he should be bursting down the right & cutting in, I don't have an issue with him drifting, but asking him to play centrally facing his own players isn't his game. It's as ridiculous as playing Di Maria as an advanced central midfielder & asking him to come back to the ball, more so when it's played with so little consideration from hoofw*****g bungle-c***s like Smalling.
Agree with everything apart from what seems to a claim that Carrick is more progressive than Matic , or even your claim Matic isn't progressive. His first instinct is always to play forward.

Unread 08-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Baron

Quote:
Agree with everything apart from what seems to a claim that Carrick is more progressive than Matic , or even your claim Matic isn't progressive. His first instinct is always to play forward.
Carrick is wonderful at playing it first time, either foot, forward & it's always into feet. It makes being the recipient of the pass so much easier. Not to say Matic doesn't pass forward, but there's a pace to it, almost always a touch & a look & then the initiative isn't so much as gone, as diminished.

The difference in top level football is that fraction, and it's also why Pogba needs to realise holding onto it too often is what holds back his progress. He's the best first time passer of the ball we have as well, he just wants to hog it too often.

Unread 08-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Carrick is wonderful at playing it first time, either foot, forward & it's always into feet. It makes being the recipient of the pass so much easier. Not to say Matic doesn't pass forward, but there's a pace to it, almost always a touch & a look & then the initiative isn't so much as gone, as diminished.

The difference in top level football is that fraction, and it's also why Pogba needs to realise holding onto it too often is what holds back his progress. He's the best first time passer of the ball we have as well, he just wants to hog it too often.
I don't think Matic wants to hog the ball, he's looking for the best option & is comfortable holding the ball until he either sees it or plays safe . I knew he was good before we signed him, I had no idea how good though. He is miles ahead of Carrick in every department for me.

Unread 08-11-2017, 11:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I don't think Matic wants to hog the ball, he's looking for the best option & is comfortable holding the ball until he either sees it or plays safe . I knew he was good before we signed him, I had no idea how good though. He is miles ahead of Carrick in every department for me.
No way. He's physically superior and anything that relies on athleticism he has the advantage, but Carrick's decision making is different class.

Unread 09-11-2017, 09:25 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
No way. He's physically superior and anything that relies on athleticism he has the advantage, but Carrick's decision making is different class.
I'm a huge fan of Carrick but I don't think it's his decision making that sets him apart (not just from Matic but most midfielders). More his vision and execution to play in between the lines.

We'd be in 6th or 7th at the moment if we hadn't signed Matic. He brings the same reading of the game and level of calm that Carrick did/does. Alongside 2 world class midfielders (Pogba and, er, ?) I genuinely think we'll have the best midfield in the PL. Who that mystery third is though would be anyones guess. Kroos

Herrera and Fellaini are so far away from Pogba and Matic it's not even funny. It'd be like having Jordan Henderson alongside Pirlo.

Unread 09-11-2017, 09:35 AM
sweetleftfoot

Kangared having a stormer here. Dropping truth and insight.

Unread 09-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Kangared having a stormer here. Dropping truth and insight.
Kangared all over the kangaroo

Unread 09-11-2017, 09:43 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
It's a bit of everything isn't it... no Pogba or Carrick, meaning quality from the middle of the park is missing. Matic is decent, but he's not progressive, Herrera is busy but no more than tidy. That being said, Mkhi at 10, with his back to goal is absolutely insane, he should be bursting down the right & cutting in, I don't have an issue with him drifting, but asking him to play centrally facing his own players isn't his game. It's as ridiculous as playing Di Maria as an advanced central midfielder & asking him to come back to the ball, more so when it's played with so little consideration from hoof£#%&!ing bungle-@#%&!s like Smalling.
Agreed. That's where he played when he was the best player in Germany with a million assists and goals.

Unread 09-11-2017, 09:58 AM
dunk

Matic better than Carrick maybe now Carrick is old, but in his pomp? Do £#%&! off.

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:18 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Matic better than Carrick maybe now Carrick is old, but in his pomp? Do £#%&! off.
Different players.

Like comparing a *something* to a *something that does a similar job but goes about it in a different way in a different way*. They do a similar job but go about it in a different way.

It's Thursday and I'm all out of analogies.

Unread 24-11-2017, 10:08 AM
TheFatGoth

Hearing he faces a fight for his future

Unread 24-11-2017, 10:23 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Good

Use him as bait to sign someone better.

Unread 24-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Well if its a fight then he has no chance. He'd be KO'd by a strong breeze the tart.

Unread 24-11-2017, 11:09 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Is that actually true, rather than Morata picking Chelski over us?
Is that actually true rather than Madrid pricing him out to us?

Unread 24-11-2017, 06:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well if its a fight then he has no chance. He'd be KO'd by a strong breeze the tart.
Must admit that made me LOL.

Unread 24-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Sparky***

Closed Thread