Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Average lump with a nose for goal.
Thought you’d left ? Been quiet pal

Unread 05-11-2017, 09:44 PM
sa7

He's playing like a £#%&!ing wimp.

Bully the centre halves or at least let them know they're in a scrap. He's like frigging Lenny in Of Mice & Men. A massive unit with a timid temperament.

Get nasty and start using your God given attributes to your advantage.

Unread 05-11-2017, 10:04 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
He's playing like a £#%&!ing wimp.

Bully the centre halves or at least let them know they're in a scrap. He's like frigging Lenny in Of Mice & Men. A massive unit with a timid temperament.

Get nasty and start using your God given attributes to your advantage.
The game plan needs him to be drogba. The ball needs to stick to him, yet he has the ball control of a brick wall.
Might excel in a United side with giggs and Beckham but he's struggling in the 8 man defensive set up.

Unread 06-11-2017, 10:43 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
The game plan needs him to be drogba. The ball needs to stick to him, yet he has the ball control of a brick wall.
Might excel in a United side with giggs and Beckham but he's struggling in the 8 man defensive set up.
We played with 3 actual defenders yesterday.

I'm sorry but when your getting bullied by the likes of McNair and Christensen then it's clear for all to see your not good enough to play for United.

He's Fellaini all over again.

Unread 06-11-2017, 10:53 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Yeah, Drogba and Hughes were a couple of one offs. :lazlo:

To expect the same from Lukaku is wishful thinking.

Hopefully he gets better at it, and hopefully we don't require him to play like that too often.

Unread 06-11-2017, 12:35 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Get in the sea you wibbling shithouse

That just really tickled me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Thought you’d left ? Been quiet pal
Bad result you say?

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:44 PM
The taste of...

Second touch is a tackle etc

Never seen someone so big get bullied off the ball so easily by smaller players.

Never thought I'd be looking forward to a 37 year old paceless cruciate victim coming in to lead the line.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:46 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Second touch is a tackle etc

Never seen someone so big get bullied off the ball so easily by smaller players.

Never thought I'd be looking forward to a 37 year old paceless cruciate victim coming in to lead the line.
The players had a simple job (keep us in it until he came back) and they've bottled it.

I'd be open to idea of him returning to training and kicking f*** out of them.

Love Zlatan. I worry when we're left with "Red Rom"

Unread 06-11-2017, 02:16 PM
suedeshoes

Someone called it right on here the other day. 'Romelu Heskey'.

Unread 06-11-2017, 02:52 PM
King Eric

Love him, he’s scored plenty already and I expect him to score stack loads over his time here. I’m hoping him and big Zlat when he’s back tear it up in the prem.

Unread 06-11-2017, 05:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

That just really tickled me
Made me as well tbh.

Unread 10-11-2017, 02:55 PM
Kangared

He's not exactly getting great service. Yes his 1st touch isn't great but we all knew that. He scores goals, that's all I want & expect from him. Let's not forget we were just as shit last season in big games with Zlatan & Pogba in the team so maybe the blame lies once again with the tactics employed.

Unread 10-11-2017, 06:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
He's not exactly getting great service. Yes his 1st touch isn't great but we all knew that. He scores goals, that's all I want & expect from him
Yep, aesthetics are secondary.

Unread 10-11-2017, 07:06 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And also why the comparison with Heskey doesn't hold up.

Unread 10-11-2017, 09:15 PM
jem

Quote:
He's not exactly getting great service. Yes his 1st touch isn't great but we all knew that. He scores goals, that's all I want & expect from him. Let's not forget we were just as shit last season in big games with Zlatan & Pogba in the team so maybe the blame lies once again with the tactics employed.
the tactics don't help, but zlatan is a different kind of shit. their bastard child might be a hell of a player. look forward to seeing them spooning after christmas.

Unread 10-11-2017, 10:27 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It is not aesthetics, and it is not only about goals. I feel like down the years we(Utd fans) have had the essence of this debate multiple times, Hernandez and RVN most notably. At the elite level the main striker can not be one dimensional, it limits the upper level of the team. They have to be capable of influencing a game positively even when they are not scoring, especially in big games. That has always been the question with Lukaku.

It is one of the reasons Andy Cole is one of my favourite Utd players ever, developed into a high class all round forward. It did take time but he was also more talented than Lukaku. If we could sign a 24 yo Saha with greater durability that would be an easy choice as well, would not score as many goals as Lukaku but a better footballer.

Unread 10-11-2017, 11:42 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It is not aesthetics, and it is not only about goals. I feel like down the years we(Utd fans) have had the essence of this debate multiple times, Hernandez and RVN most notably. At the elite level the main striker can not be one dimensional, it limits the upper level of the team. They have to be capable of influencing a game positively even when they are not scoring, especially in big games. That has always been the question with Lukaku.

It is one of the reasons Andy Cole is one of my favourite Utd players ever, developed into a high class all round forward. It did take time but he was also more talented than Lukaku. If we could sign a 24 yo Saha with greater durability that would be an easy choice as well, would not score as many goals as Lukaku but a better footballer.
If you can score 30 goals a season it doesn't matter how one dimensional you are. As a number 9 your job is to score goals, thats your dimension & that's what you are ultimately judged on. Rom got another 2 tonight so it's clear to me that hat he isn't the problem. He assisted both Utds recent league goals, one with a great cross. As somebody articulately put it, too many people are hung up on aesthetics. Fellaini is another who is judged more by how he looks than what he brings & I also think Smalling is judged more on how ungainly he is on the ball than he is on his actual job which is defending.

Unread 11-11-2017, 11:04 AM
believe

Quote:
If you can score 30 goals a season it doesn't matter how one dimensional you are. As a number 9 your job is to score goals, thats your dimension & that's what you are ultimately judged on. Rom got another 2 tonight so it's clear to me that hat he isn't the problem. He assisted both Utds recent league goals, one with a great cross. As somebody articulately put it, too many people are hung up on aesthetics. Fellaini is another who is judged more by how he looks than what he brings & I also think Smalling is judged more on how ungainly he is on the ball than he is on his actual job which is defending.
Kevin Phillips used to score 30 goals a season regularly, as did Shearer for that matter.

Unread 11-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Then you've missed the point of that post.
Closed Thread