United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics
Reply
 
Old 03-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Nelson
 
Default

Thanks very much for your replies, lads - very helpful.

20, Forwarders - Santander do seem to have changed their stance on Chargeback based on the outcry from their customers yesterday. I called them earlier and they were well-organised, helpful and positive on the Monarch claim process.

Looking hopeful for a refund sooner rather than later

Stretters - as I understand it, Chargeback on debit cards (as opposed to credit cards) isn't bound by law or regulation, it seems to be more a non-binding customer service convention adopted by all the big banks, that Santander initially tried to swerve until they were shamed into falling in line.

Bunks - respect to you mate, but I for one am glad 78ers started this thread. It gave me the encouraging nudge I needed to make the call.

Love this place for that - when you ask for genuine help, Fredsters will always come through for you
 
Old 03-10-2017, 05:48 PM
est.1878
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It was 600 mate, but I wouldn't think of wondering how to get my money back through such simple channels...

.


forum has a sage on every topic . noticed stretlow consistently owns t&c threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Thanks very much for your replies, lads - very helpful.

20, Forwarders - Santander do seem to have changed their stance on Chargeback based on the outcry from their customers yesterday. I called them earlier and they were well-organised, helpful and positive on the Monarch claim process.

Looking hopeful for a refund sooner rather than later

Stretters - as I understand it, Chargeback on debit cards (as opposed to credit cards) isn't bound by law or regulation, it seems to be more a non-binding customer service convention adopted by all the big banks, that Santander initially tried to swerve until they were shamed into falling in line.

Bunks - respect to you mate, but I for one am glad 78ers started this thread. It gave me the encouraging nudge I needed to make the call.

Love this place for that - when you ask for genuine help, Fredsters will always come through for you
good luck nellers

Santander are bastards from my personal dealings

roll numbers in 2017 ffs

Spanish....
 
Old 03-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Stretlow
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Thanks very much for your replies, lads - very helpful.

20, Forwarders - Santander do seem to have changed their stance on Chargeback based on the outcry from their customers yesterday. I called them earlier and they were well-organised, helpful and positive on the Monarch claim process.

Looking hopeful for a refund sooner rather than later

Stretters - as I understand it, Chargeback on debit cards (as opposed to credit cards) isn't bound by law or regulation, it seems to be more a non-binding customer service convention adopted by all the big banks, that Santander initially tried to swerve until they were shamed into falling in line.

Bunks - respect to you mate, but I for one am glad 78ers started this thread. It gave me the encouraging nudge I needed to make the call.

Love this place for that - when you ask for genuine help, Fredsters will always come through for you
Same regs mate, the only difference between this and a fraud chargeback is they have to refund fraud there and then. With these they can hold it until the end of the period the merchant has to challenge it (45 days).

basically its "Goods and/or services not provided" the problems with these come when the customer hasnt got any proof.. With this though i'd say the national news just about covers it

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post


forum has a sage on every topic . noticed stretlow consistently owns t&c threads



good luck nellers

Santander are bastards from my personal dealings

roll numbers in 2017 ffs

Spanish....
I do fraud mate but work closely with a chargeback team. Lot of bad info gets banded about, even from that dickhead at MSE or the mail (who else)

Last edited by Stretlow; 03-10-2017 at 06:32 PM.
 
Old 08-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Cream
 
Default

Just spoke to me old man and apparently he was Monarched.

Stood at the front of the check in queue (for first time in his life) all smug like... when some f***er hands him a piece of paper. 'Go home sir'.

His missus and her daughter managed to get a cheap holiday in greece, only two places left, so he's happy enough with that...

Reckons he'll get his money back in 3 months.
 
Old 17-10-2017, 06:23 PM
est.1878
 
Default

NatWest have repaid to my account today (over 100+)

Stretlow > Mart Lewis
 
Old 17-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Long tongue phooey
 
Default

Santander just refunded me my whole Monarch flight money even though it was only my return flight that got cancelled, was a very pleasant surprise.
 
Old 17-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Stretlow
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
NatWest have repaid to my account today (over 100+)

Stretlow > Mart Lewis
Good stuff
 
Old 18-10-2017, 07:42 AM
Child of Darkness
 
Default

Bought my monarch flight thru PayPal , do i just go thru them ?
 
Old 18-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Stretlow
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness View Post
Bought my monarch flight thru PayPal , do i just go thru them ?
Definitely your first move.. PayPal's dispute resolution is actually pretty decent, i'd imagine they've already got a process in place for this...
 
Old 19-10-2017, 07:16 AM
Child of Darkness
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretlow View Post
Definitely your first move.. PayPal's dispute resolution is actually pretty decent, i'd imagine they've already got a process in place for this...
They have .... It's inundated and keeps crashing
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: monarch & chargeback
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Man Utd: Zlatan Ibrahimovic meets former Spanish monarch fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 21-03-2017 01:00 AM
Monarch abdicates after decades on throne red in cumbria News, Current Affairs & Politics 60 06-06-2014 07:53 AM
if you reach the age of 100 can you tell the monarch to stick their card up their arse? no fun Main Forum 9 23-11-2009 08:48 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2016 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.