Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2017, 10:56 PM
Clarkie

He's starting to lose it..

Unread 01-10-2017, 11:15 PM
Switching Off

"We had more clear chances"

Just hope Ancellotti gets a job before this @#%&! gets canned.

Unread 01-10-2017, 11:23 PM
Pop

Fegelein! Fegelein! FEGELEIN!!!!!!

Unread 01-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Feels nice for them to be out of contention from the off.

Unread 01-10-2017, 11:47 PM
Drexl

What is he biting down on?

Unread 01-10-2017, 11:59 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
reality

Unread 02-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Im pretty sure the thing he does with his jaw is an involuntary stress thing.

The job is clearly affecting him. He is cracking up, even more than rafa, its just behind the scenes right now

Unread 02-10-2017, 08:17 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

The job is clearly affecting him. He is cracking up, even more than rafa, its just behind the scenes right now
Well you know me lads, I'm not one to laugh at another's misfortune, but...

Unread 02-10-2017, 09:46 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

the mad @#%&! tried starting a rivalry with us before he'd done anything to deserve it, Jose seems to have just ignored him and left him to lose the plot
imagine if Fergie was around to deal with him

Unread 02-10-2017, 09:52 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Andy hung it from the top and lifted it and climbed into the hole, no need to reattach. The board would have sunk and killed them both. He has an agreement with Netflix to produce original content.

Stopped reading after that

Unread 02-10-2017, 11:28 AM
puressence

any news from the forum kloppittess

Unread 02-10-2017, 06:19 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
any news from the forum kloppittess
Good manager, shite players in the main.

Nothing more to it than that is there big man?

Unread 02-10-2017, 08:31 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Avg manager

Unread 02-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Chorlton74

Where's the par league?

even when they make it up, they still can't win the £#%&!er

Unread 02-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Should have bought 3 starters (on top of Keita) then sold Coutinho towards the end of the window. If we’d conducted our business like they did, given what their needs clearly were at the end of last season, I’d have been absolutely livid.

Unread 02-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Bobda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
Where's the par league?

even when they make it up, they still can't win the £#%&!er
They seem to have given up on the par league and the woodwork sheild. This season is all about the referee corruption cup.

Unread 02-10-2017, 09:48 PM
TheFatGoth

- Grim

- So what's this all about then. I can't make head nor tails of it

- Welcome to Rawk and to the APLT fella. Read the opening post. The Prof explains it there.

- Ok thanks mate I've done that now. I take it's a piss take thread??

- It's about the least possible piss take thread there is on RAWK.

- What the APLT is great for is to normalise the difficulty of games in a very simple way. On an extreme level, say Liverpool have to play the top 10 teams in the first 10 games and Man U play the bottom 10 teams during the same period. If they both end up with the same number of points after the 10 games who is doing better? The APLT helps answer that. It smooths out the point system based on the difficulty of the games

- Oh sorry my bad . I thought it was a joke thread. In answer to your question, neither team is doing better than the other as they'd both have the same points. Unless it's a trick question?!

Unread 02-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

- Grim

- So what's this all about then. I can't make head nor tails of it

- Welcome to Rawk and to the APLT fella. Read the opening post. The Prof explains it there.

- Ok thanks mate I've done that now. I take it's a piss take thread??

- It's about the least possible piss take thread there is on RAWK.

- What the APLT is great for is to normalise the difficulty of games in a very simple way. On an extreme level, say Liverpool have to play the top 10 teams in the first 10 games and Man U play the bottom 10 teams during the same period. If they both end up with the same number of points after the 10 games who is doing better? The APLT helps answer that. It smooths out the point system based on the difficulty of the games

- Oh sorry my bad . I thought it was a joke thread. In answer to your question, neither team is doing better than the other as they'd both have the same points. Unless it's a trick question?!

Come on own up....who is It?

They don't seem to take into account that 'difficulty' of a fixture is somewhat fluid.

If youre playing shit, every fixture is hard. And vice versa.

What's the opposition's form like? Does the fixture come amidst an injury crisis? Follow a European away? Or are you just generally playing shit.

I get that it's worth noting if teams have a tough run of fixtures, but it's not a tangible thing. It's part of why we watch and what makes it interesting.

Unread 02-10-2017, 10:32 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Come on own up....who is It?

They don't seem to take into account that 'difficulty' of a fixture is somewhat fluid.

If youre playing shit, every fixture is hard. And vice versa.

What's the opposition's form like? Does the fixture come amidst an injury crisis? Follow a European away? Or are you just generally playing shit.

I get that it's worth noting if teams have a tough run of fixtures, but it's not a tangible thing. It's part of why we watch and what makes it interesting.
Or that everyone plays everyone else twice so by the end of the season it's £#%&!ing irrelevant

Unread 02-10-2017, 10:45 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Or that everyone plays everyone else twice so by the end of the season it's £#%&!ing irrelevant
Ofcourse, but my point is more how they're trying to make a science out of all those intangible elements that affect form.

Look at Everton: City, Chelsea, Spurs, United. All in a row. By the time they get to their 'easy' fixture against Burnley, their confidence is shot and they're £#%&!ed. On the other hand, Burnley gain confidence from results in tough games and become a different proposition.

There is some merit in attempting to define difficulty .... but they've failed to consider how it changes and it's ultimately clumsy and a total waste of what looks like a lot of time and effort.
Closed Thread