United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 01-10-2017, 08:18 PM
ScarFace

Lightbulb Clare Balding

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...r-balding-saga

Last edited by ScarFace; 02-10-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:16 PM
red in cumbria

Does not surprise terribly, maybe funners would be interested to read this as a self confessed Balders fan?

Old 01-10-2017, 11:20 PM
guerreiro

That journalist should grow a pair, sounds like she's just come out of school with plans on winning a Pulitzer and is shocked at how the media works.

Even I've demanded copy control for corporate interviews I've done, it's too bloody easy to say something daft in person and have it taken out of context; she's not interviewing Nixon, it's Claire Balding, and that's likely the last person she'll ever interview after grassing up like this.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:30 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
That journalist should grow a pair, sounds like she's just come out of school with plans on winning a Pulitzer and is shocked at how the media works.

Even I've demanded copy control for corporate interviews I've done, it's too bloody easy to say something daft in person and have it taken out of context; she's not interviewing Nixon, it's Claire Balding, and that's likely the last person she'll ever interview after grassing up like this.
This. What a fanny. Journalistic integrity ffs. Nobody notices the interviewer's byline anyway. Just do your job and help the actual celebrity sell her shitty book. 'Baldingate' ffs Utter cringe.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:57 AM
The Stella Fella

International week by any chance?

Old 02-10-2017, 02:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post

"There's too much about her being gay in the article"

I'd have just re-written the article and titled it - "BALDING, HOW I BECAME A MASSIVE RUG MUNCHER AND WEARER OF PLAID SHIRTS"