United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-09-2017, 04:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Lost 14 times in his final season. Out of 34 games. Scored 47 goals, finishing 7th in a league with only a couple of quality sides
Though they were actually bottom midway through the season IIRC? So you could argue he recovered the situation quite well tbf.

But, then again, why would we want to be?

Unread 28-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Lost 14 times in his final season. Out of 34 games. Scored 47 goals, finishing 7th in a league with only a couple of quality sides.

The following season under Tuchel they won 24 out of 34 and scored 84 goals, and Weigl was the only major signing brought in.

You'd imagine his zany personality is enough to lift a side, especially one where he's brought in mid season and the mood is dark. But it'd grate after a while. Footballers are smart enough to recognise a numpty when they see one.
He runs players into the ground. It must be absolutely exhausting playing for someone like that. I should imagine guardiola's players feel the same.

Unread 28-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He runs players into the ground. It must be absolutely exhausting playing for someone like that. I should imagine guardiola's players feel the same.
Guardiola at least has players who can come in to rest others.

Hopefully by March they're knackered though, and we can stroll to the title

Unread 28-09-2017, 05:12 PM
ScarFace

Their brains are all scrambled, through years of failed predictions.

They're basically religious, god loving, Jesus freaks, who every year find out god doesn't exist and their life has been a lie.

Their memory 99% resets in August and away we go again...that 1% is always nagging in the soul and deep down they know they're living in a looped infinite time zone where LFC fail every season...
Destined to watch others win what they never have or will.

Heysel karma purgatory.

Unread 28-09-2017, 05:23 PM
King Eric

One more poor result could see them exiting the CL, well I hope so.

Unread 28-09-2017, 05:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Of course, but Maribor are terrible and Spartak won't keep them out at home. And neither of those are getting points off Sevilla. I'd love it, love it but not happening.

Unread 28-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Of course, but Maribor are terrible and Spartak won't keep them out at home. And neither of those are getting points off Sevilla. I'd love it, love it but not happening.
Yeah, they'll be fine in this group, but the more games, the better. They'll be knackered by February.

Unread 28-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Chorlton74

They do llike to object

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-christmas-eve

cracking dig near the end of that piece.

Unread 28-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
The first good team will do them. Even if they get lucky and draw Basel or something and get to the quarters, it's only papering over the cracks. Better that than fluking the Europa although they'd probably get @#%&!ted in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
They do llike to object

It's a bit £#%&! tbf. If it was away at city you could understand. Saying that they can get back easily enough.

Unread 28-09-2017, 06:40 PM
saffers

Doubt theyd beat Basel.

My boy Oberlin would run thru em for fun

Unread 28-09-2017, 08:07 PM
utd99

Quote:
Lost 14 times in his final season. Out of 34 games. Scored 47 goals, finishing 7th in a league with only a couple of quality sides.

The following season under Tuchel they won 24 out of 34 and scored 84 goals, and Weigl was the only major signing brought in.

You'd imagine his zany personality is enough to lift a side, especially one where he's brought in mid season and the mood is dark. But it'd grate after a while. Footballers are smart enough to recognise a numpty when they see one.
He was there for seven years. Bit harsh to judge him on the last season alone. They were £#%&!ing brilliant for a large portion of that and punched way above their weight. Lost top players on a regular basis too.

Don’t get me wrong, I hate the @#%&! now, but they did what they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Let’s hope BM pinch him back when they bin Ancellotti and the scouse end up with Big Sam.
sage.

Unread 28-09-2017, 08:19 PM
goldfinger II

Can't say that I know much about the job he did at Dortmund, but given that they were a fine side produced with little financial resources, I was expecting him to be a far better manager than he appears to be.

His main talent appears to be making players think they are better than they are. His only tactic, the high press. Reminds me of Keegan.

Unread 28-09-2017, 08:40 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
They do llike to object

To be fair to them on that, it is a shit idea to make a Northern club play Arsenal at 4 o'clock on Christmas Eve especially when Christmas Eve is a Sunday, I would hope we'd object as a club too

Unread 28-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
They do llike to object

Much as i hate the @#%&!s, they're spot on.

Absolutely £#%&!ing ridiculous idea to make them play then.

Unread 28-09-2017, 08:49 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Much as i hate the @#%&!s, they're spot on.

Absolutely £#%&!ing ridiculous idea to make them play then.
Yep, £#%&!ing nonsense but it's the way we're going unfortunately

Unread 28-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Dasilvatwins

As a manager i think klopp would do well in any of the leagues bar the premiership.( that being said £#%&! klopp and his kop flops)

Its the one league where if one mistake is made you could be punished.

He has been found out as a poor defensive coach and either is struggling to teach his players how to defend or simply doesnt know how.

Klopp managing liverpool has only pushed this tryhard c*** image he has. Liverpool fuel him , and he fuels the liverpool fans . Its a c*** match made in heaven.

He will not last the season, can see him jumping ship around march, it seems he is on verge of a huge breakdown.

Biggest difference between jose and klopp for me is the mentality. Jose wants to win and will address any issue , defence, mid or attack to make it happen. Almost as if utd defend badly he takes it as a personal insult.

Klopp just wants people to say " look at great football klopp has his team playing" not having that winning mentality, that ruthlessness.

In mou we trust

Unread 28-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
As a manager i think klopp would do well in any of the leagues bar the premiership.( that being said £#%&! klopp and his kop flops)

He has been found out as a poor defensive coach and either is struggling to teach his players how to defend or simply doesnt know how.

Klopp managing liverpool has only pushed this tryhard c*** image he has. Liverpool fuel him , and he fuels the liverpool fans . Its a c*** match made in heaven.

He will not last the season, can see him jumping ship around march, it seems he is on verge of a huge breakdown.

Biggest difference between jose and klopp for me is the mentality. Jose wants to win and will address any issue , defence, mid or attack to make it happen. Almost as if utd defend badly he takes it as a personal insult.

Klopp just wants people to say " look at great football klopp has his team playing" not having that winning mentality, that ruthlessness.

In mou we trust
This is true.

He and they will both try to take the moral high ground. They could lose 4-0 to us and claim a victory because they 'played the right way'.

Unread 28-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

In mou we trust
And Jose is shaping the club to his image. Like Saf did. Arguably lvg did too or tried to.
Klopp is allowing the club to shape him. He's bought into the self delusion.

Unread 28-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
And Jose is shaping the club to his image. Like Saf did. Arguably lvg did too or tried to.
Both the club and klopp bring out the worst in each other, i dont think they can see the cringey, try hard , look-at-us-we-try-so-hard-we-show-passion that everybody else sees.

Jose is passionate, he channels it to win, klopp does it to gain fan approval

Unread 28-09-2017, 09:10 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Very shrewdly put
Closed Thread